Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Yes on take home ride and police powers, unknown if they are armed.

Good luck on getting hired for this position, they only hire once or twice a year and receive 600 applications each time. Unless you already have the full-time academy, (they require at a minimum the reserve academy) there is little chance of getting hired.

·
Subscribing Member
1,322 Posts
Last I knew take home car, r/i academy, the carry but have to carry their own weapon after they qualify with it. Seems like a pretty good gig but there's no way in hell I'd leave my gig for a Group 1 pension job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,816 Posts
Last I knew take home car, r/i academy, the carry but have to carry their own weapon after they qualify with it. Seems like a pretty good gig but there's no way in hell I'd leave my gig for a Group 1 pension job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're obviously not a true alcoholic. IRISH pride my ass. ;)

·
Registered
909 Posts
http://www.nh.gov/liquor/enforcement/
NH's version of liquor enforcement if you're interested to go North..
This^

NH Liquor Enforcement, is a uniformed position. They have state wide authority for liquor related offenses. From what I have been told, they basically perform code enforcement for bars, they perform compliance checks on establishments with a liquor license. They assist NHSP with DUI check points and perform physical security, for the NH Liquor stores.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Does anyone have any knowledge on them? Are they armed? Take home ride? Police powers? Any insight would be great
They do receive a state vehicle and the investigators spend the majority of their days outside of the office doing work which includes undercover work. I've attended a training that they put on for MPTC and all of them spoke very highly of the dept. And who wouldn't, they make incredible money for a state department!

·
Registered
229 Posts
^Aren't they a small department of 15 or so?
As far as investigators go, Yes they are Insanely small considering they have to cover the whole state.. There is only a dozen or so investigators But I was told they are desperately looking to add more. I talked to an investigator for a while at the training. After hearing such good things about the job/department and that incredible salary I would hang up the duty belt and give this place a go!

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,816 Posts
I recall many moons ago, speaking with the Chief of Police at Stonehill College who, by DAY was C of P, but by NIGHT was an ABCC investigator. He liked both jobs. I can't see myself having the time to hold two jobs, but he pulled it off. Keep that in mind, potential applicants.

And yeah, he seemed like a decent guy.

Reactions: Joel98

·
Registered
718 Posts
I recall many moons ago, speaking with the Chief of Police at Stonehill College who, by DAY was C of P, but by NIGHT was an ABCC investigator. He liked both jobs. I can't see myself having the time to hold two jobs, but he pulled it off. Keep that in mind, potential applicants.

And yeah, he seemed like a decent guy.
Was he a full-time investigator or part-time? And the only reason why I ask is because I just heard about part-time ABCC investigators a couple days ago while doing online state ethics training. It took me by surprise, because I never knew ABCC had part-time investigators, and that's probably because it's some obscure job that nobody has heard of, which is common in this state...

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,877 Posts
Remember....They're SSPO"S!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Reactions: Goose
1 - 20 of 24 Posts