Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Smurf theft victim
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found this out last night...

Did you guys know that the investigators who work for the ABCC (the guys who go into bars and make sure ID's are checked) got themselves law enforcement status in this state by donating to the Sherriff's Dept and becoming Deputy Sherriffs!?! I knew the SD was bad, but not THAT bad. They don't even work for the depts!

·
Smurf theft victim
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Czar of Cyncism and Satire
2,070 Posts
Ignorant window licker?
I don't know what it means either, but it's kinda funny.

The ABCC guys aren't just checking on the waitstaff who check ID's, they make sure that the bar is not overcrowded etc.... They check that real booze is being served, not rotgut, and also that patrons aren't being overserved. Not a bad gig if you can get it.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,804 Posts
Ignorant window licker?
Perhaps he meant "glass licker" In any event, He's right;
You're a rumor-spreader ignorant of relevant facts.
OWNED!
;)

·
Smurf theft victim
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Perhaps he meant "glass licker" In any event, He's right;
You're a rumor-spreader ignorant of relevant facts.
OWNED!
;)
Listen... I was passing on something that was relayed to me by someone very close to the situation. If it's wrong, its wrong. But I am not:

1) a rumor spreader
2) ignorant

God forbid someone says something that some of you don't agree with. You attack with guns blazing. I'm not some shmuck posting on ask a cop who should be slammed. I fully trust the person who told me this information. You do't want to buy into it, don't. But don't come after me viciously. Take your bitter attitudes and find something more productive to do with them.

Now, if your above qoute was stated in jest, please disregard the above statement. On the other hand, the genius who couldn't come up with anything better than window licker is free to heed my advice.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,804 Posts
Listen... I was passing on something that was relayed to me by someone very close to the situation. If it's wrong, its wrong. But I am not:

1) a rumor spreader
2) ignorant

So...

You're not denying that you're a window licker then?

·
Smurf theft victim
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So...

You're not denying that you're a window licker then?
I've never licked a widow.

I mean I've never licked a window... whatever that means (unless you count the time that the barracks was out of candy and I licked the jar out.

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,593 Posts
Window lickers are just wannabe door patters, we all know it.

·
Zombie Hunter
4,815 Posts
The ABCC guys aren't just checking on the waitstaff who check ID's, they make sure that the bar is not overcrowded etc.... They check that real booze is being served, not rotgut, and also that patrons aren't being overserved. Not a bad gig if you can get it.
I got carded twice by one of those guys years ago in my early drinking days. The same guy carded me at different bars in the same week. The second time he carded me I asked if he remembered me from earlier in the week, which he didn't, but I still thought it was kind of funny.

·
BOOM!
1,353 Posts
The ABCC guys/gals also work with local Law Enforcement to make sure that underage people aren't getting served and also to make sure that "of age" people aren't procuring/furnishing for minors. They always work closely with BU/BC and NU Police as well as Boston Police, usually around the beginning of the school year. You usually see an article in the papers about kids that got bagged the first week of school.

On a side note, there aren't too many investigators in the department. You have to remember that they handle ALL licenses for the entire state: All packies, bars, restaurants, convenience stores etc. We're talking thousands of licenses and only a dozen or so investigators.........

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,593 Posts
Years ago I met a guy who said that Chief of Police at Stonehill College was his day job. ABCC Investigator was his night job which he had been doing for a number of years. He was a good guy, no doubt retired by now as he was no kid then.

·
Subscribing Member
1,167 Posts
"I was passing on something that was relayed to me by someone very close to the situation. If it's wrong, its wrong."

Without previously qualifying your statement, isn't that the definition of spreading a rumor?

From dictionary.com: "Rumor: A story or statement in general circulation without confirmation or certainty as to facts" Sounds about right to me. I don't think anyone would have minded, except for the "I knew the SD was bad, but not THAT bad. They don't even work for the depts!" comment.

I didn't want to have to be the guy that hit the dictionary, but it was staring me right in the face. Anyway, no hard feelings =)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts