Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Tuesday, June 29th, BSC Police Lieutenant Raymond Wise passed away suddenly. It was a tragic and very unexpectant loss for his family and the many officers he served at BSC. I worked with Ray for two years before heading back to Florida and can honestly say that he was one of the finest men I have ever met in my adult life. He was a great leader and one damn good cop. His professionalism, integrity, and passion for the job will be sorely missed.
My heartfelt sympathy to his wife and family and his brethern at BSC.

·
Registered
393 Posts
My sympathy and condolences goes out to the Wise family and the members of the Bridgewater State College Police Department. God Bless All. We will miss you Ray.

·
Registered
547 Posts
It's a sad loss. Good men are dying far too young.

This is the information for the arrangments:

There will be visiting hours at the Prophett Funeral Home, 98 Bedford Street(Route 18)on Friday, July 2, 2004 form 4 - 8pm. Funeral services are private by the request of the family. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the American Heart Association, 20 Speen Street, Framingham, MA 01701.

Plans are being made for a campus memorial service later this summer and will be communicated through the community announcements.

·
Subscribing Member
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for passing along the arrangements info badogg. There will be coppers from all over the place there tonight.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'll have a good thought for Ray and his family. I knew him when I used to work at Andrea's Police Supply back when he was a Detective at BSC he used to come in the store from time to time. God Bless.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,658 Posts
Salute to Ray,
:cry:
A cop's cop and fellow gun enthusiast. You'll be sorely missed by the crew at BSC.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Sad to see him go. I kno one or two officers at Raynham used to work for him at BSC and they seemed pretty upset by his loss. I also heard that he had just been made deputy chief that very day that he passed. May he R.I.P :no: :unsure: :(

·
Subscribing Member
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There's a nice tribute and memoriam in Ray's honor posted on the BSC PD web site. You can view it by going to www.bridgew.edu and click on campus police. Nicely done by my fellow comrades.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.