Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like the guy was more concerned with how he looked than the 40 cal in his stomach..... (yes that's a cowboy hat on his head)

=====================

ATTLEBORO, Mass. (AP) A police officer shot and wounded a knife-wielding man on Friday night, police said.

The victim was conscious when he was taken to Sturdy Memorial Hospital, and then to Rhode Island Hospital in Providence. Police were still trying to confirm his identity early Saturday, Police Chief Richard Pierce said.

The shooting took place about at 10:15 p.m. when police responded to an apartment in a triple-decker at Pleasant and Holman Streets, near downtown.

The officers went to the second-floor apartment where they believed a 911 call had originated. They could hear noise inside the apartment and knocked on the door. A man opened the door partially and the officers could see he had a knife by his side, Pierce told The Sun Chronicle of Attleboro.

Patrolman James MacDonald, backing up, ordered the man to drop the knife but he kept coming forward toward the officer, Pierce said.

``The officer ordered him several times to drop the knife,'' Pierce said. ``The officer backed up at least 30 feet and up stairs and the man kept coming. The officer felt his life was in jeopardy and fired.''

The man was wounded in the side, Pierce told The Sun Chronicle.

The incident was under investigation.

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
Mike,

Remember what Dave said... they brings fists, we bring pipes (batons).... They bring knives, we bring guns...

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got to love the media (ch 12) headlines on the 11 PM news "Officer under investigation for police brutality" That's bullshit it's the same admin type stuff that anyone involved in a shooting is subject too.

news anchor leading questions to victims family members

Q: Do you feel that the officer was in danger
A: Family member "no, no danger" (in broken english)

Unfriggen real, anything for ratings! Bunch of ass wipes, I wish they would just report the news/facts.

·
Subscribing Member
771 Posts
My question is....why is the officer's name in the media? I thought that information was not originally disclosed in cases like this...until maybe later IF some wrong doing was uncovered. It is hard enough (I would assume) to shot someone justifiably....but to be tried in the press just adds more stress to an already stressful situation.

Gil, I hope your department has something in place to keep an eye on this officer (ie: counseling available etc)

·
Zombie Hunter
4,815 Posts
Gil, the MSP Employee Assistance unit is always available....they're good people and experienced in this sort of thing. They're also licensed counselors and anything told to them is held in the strictest confidence.

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the lead, I know we have a few critical incident counselors on the dept. I think the shooting we had a few years back at DD we did use counselors from the MSP.

Not sure why the officers name was released, it wasn't that way on previous shootings.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts