Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Massachusetts State Police Pipes & Drums will be holding a fundraiser at Florian Hall, 55 Hallett St., Dorchester on Friday, March 13th from 7 to 11 pm. The evening will include dinner (chicken, broccoli & ziti or beef stir-fry with rice), cash bar, performances by the MSP Pipes & Drums, a DJ and dancing. There will be raffles, prizes and band merchandise on sale. Tickets are $30 and may be purchased by calling (774) 259 0813. Come on out for a night of music and fun!

·
Public Trough Feeder
5,181 Posts

·
...---...
1,620 Posts
Piper Ian Massie great guy and bar none best piper on the east coast. Piped at my wedding, Father, Grandparents Funerals as well as many a Police Officers funeral.
He is the real thing, piped since a child and many years with the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Ian Missie piped at my wedding as well and I fully agree.
A great guy, and the best piper I have ever heard.
He can accually send chills down you as he pipes.

·
Smurf theft victim
600 Posts
Abunch of us are taking lessons for the job, and holy shite is it tough

·
Subscribing Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Like Iain says, it's a long way to the top if you wanna rock 'n roll. Keep at it!

·
Registered
426 Posts
In the beginning, and with learning new tunes, you have to give it at least 30 min a day on the chanter. Also, don't get discouraged during the transition to pipes. In time your only regret will be that you should have started sooner.....and perhaps before you got married!

As far as tonight's time at Florian goes, I hope you guys kill it. Sorry I can't attend but we are playing some pubs down the Cape tonight. Good luck.

·
Subscribing Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Piper, I appreciate it. The night went really well for us. I didn't hear about your fundraiser in Plymouth until the day after. I would've grabbed some of the guys and made the trip down. Hope the parade went well for you guys. At least you had some decent weather. Take care.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Abunch of us are taking lessons for the job, and holy shite is it tough
Don't quit I spent many nights listening to the desk officer with his chanter practicing, not to many of the other troopers stayed in the barracks to hear how he improved. I learned to love the pipes and after he moved from chanter to his pipes he would practice in the basement of DHQ and prisoners and shift commanders would hear it. Warm evenings he paraded around the back of the barracks, he be came a piper and we all commended him when he played his first Parade. I heard AMAZING GRACE more times than you can imagine. When I had to listen at a funeral or other event I always stood proud for the persistance of that young Tpr.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts