Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to spread the word about 96.9FM Talk. This station has some great shows. For a program schedule, see http://www.969fmtalk.com/programs.asp.

My personal favorite is Jay Severin, host of the radio show "Extreme Games."

Mr. Severin had this to say about the Democrats.....

"If you work hard, pay taxes, speak English, and obey the law, the Democrat party does NOT represent you!"

Mr. Severin is also very pro-law enforcement. :D

Tune in from 3pm-7pm and see what you think.

Ryan

·
Subscribing Member
561 Posts
I agree with Ryan about Jay Severin. He has a very good radio show and is pro-law enforcement as well. I'd recommend seeing him live sometime, if you have the chance. He's usually at the Rack in Boston or Ken's Steakhouse in Framingham a couple of times a year. I went to one of his live broadcasts last summer at the Rack, spoke with him during one of the breaks, left him a business card, and he gladly signed a 96.9 t-shirt and gave an autographed picture to bring back to the station. He also gave shout-outs to all of the police and fire-fighters in the audience for the remainder of the broadcast. He said that if you ever have the chance to transport a prisoner to jail during his show hours, he appreciates it if you tune into 96.9 FM Talk. I guess he likes knowing that the last talk show voice a criminal will hear outside of jail is "Extreme Games." He says it like it is, and strongly dislikes Liberals.

·
Subscribing Member
383 Posts
A big fan here as well. As previous posts have indicated, Severin is very pro-military and pro-law enforcement. 96.9 has some great talk radio shows (except for Imus) if you are interested in listening to something thought provoking; and not the same ten songs over and over.

·
screw you...
2,692 Posts
I liked listening at work, unfortunately I had to stop.. Jay got me all fired up about the shitbirds, I ended up not being as compassionate to the moochers as I should have been..

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm glad to see the link to 96.9, and Jay Severin on the Masscops main page!

Gil, when was that link added to the page?

Ryan =D>

G

·
Another Show on 96.9

I like Jay Severin, but working midnights I don't usually get to listen to him. Another show I like is the John and Jeff show. It comes on 96.9 from 1-5 am. They are just two guys who pretty much talk about anything. They are pro law enforcement. It gets a little funny sometimes because there are a lot of donkeys who call in. These guys tell it like it is.

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
ryan933 said:
I'm glad to see the link to 96.9, and Jay Severin on the Masscops main page!

Gil, when was that link added to the page?

Ryan =D>
Yesterday? or the day before, after I read you post and looked into his show a little more.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Another great guy to listen to is Sean Hannity. He is on nationally, but he is based in NY city. (ironically, his show started 9-10-01). I have found him to be very pro LE, and he has a very thought provoking show. I appreciate the way that he brings both side of the issues to the table, then allows the listeners to make there own decisions. I think that he is on 3:00 -6:00 PM.

BTW, if you recognize his name, its because he is on the Hannity and Colmes show on fox news.

·
Subscribing Member
397 Posts
I think Jay is great, started listen to him in 2000 during the election fiasical. The best was when I was driving to the academy (an hour drive down 93&95) he was doing the whole Billiary Clinton book thing. Laughed so hard almost crashed several times :lol:

·
Registered
142 Posts
:t: jay severin has a great show. it's nice to have a man like him on our side. he tells it like it is. no namby pamby political correctness. if you have not heard Jay's show, check it out Mon - Fri on 96.9 fm from 3-7 pm
he has rebroadcasts on the weekends that you midnight guys can check out. by the way- did any of you see john kerry's picture with jane fonda at a rally that gave comfort and aid to the viet cong ? it was on Fox Tv
this morning - the communists called people like kerry and fonda "useful idiots" because they hurt the moral of the American Troops.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Re: Jay

Brian823 said:
He is outstanding!!!! Unfortunately the liberals probably don't listen to him. His talk show should be expanded.
Liberals do listen to "Extreme Games". The Globe has done several stories on Jay and they are not FOJ''s (Friends of Jay). I have been listening to him since the pres. election
in 2000. He's a hoot. He is surly at his best when talking about Billary and our senior
senator. :DB:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Laura is on t.v. quite a bit on FoxNews. She is good looking but her voice can go right through you after awhile. She also doesn't like Massachusetts. She must be originally from New Hampshire. :roll:

·
Subscribing Member
561 Posts
Jay Severin 2005 All American Tour - June 24th, 2005

The summer is finally here....what does that mean? Jay Severin is hitting the road for the third stop of the 2005 All American Tour at the Lowell Brewery Exchange.
Free Admission as always. Lowell Brewery Exchange will offer a Menu for those attending the Jay Severin 2005 All American Tour.

96.9 FM TALK

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm a big fan of Jay Severin as well,but sometimes I get so pissed off with the way Liberals think I have to change it or I'll have high blood pressure. Like when Jay was talking about that Senator(DIck Derbin) that compared our troops to the Nazi's. Or when he told the story of how the head ofThe CIA is sure a nuclear weapon will come into the U.S. via Mexico and used in another attack on us,and yet they won't do anything about it,it's just to ridiculous and aggrivating for me to take.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Laura Ingraham is very hot. Shes also extremely smart, charming and funny. Last year I had the pleasure of meeting her in Cambridge and she was an absolute doll. Several hours after her show was done, she walked through the bar and said hello to people. Since I was completely inebriated by then, I had to problem with throwing my arms around her and asking for a picture. She agreed-probably just to get me off her.

*snap*

Oh, but wait. Out of film.

Its sucked royally and I tried to convince her to stay and have a drink. She assured me she would be back soon.

Jay is also a great guy and I too recommend seeing him live. Interesting enough though, he is only in Boston about two days per week. You've probably realized that by now, thanks to the "The Situation" with Tucker Carlson. But, this is a really good article anyway. The link is here http://archive.easthamptonstar.com/ehquery/20000106/20041007/feat1.htm

·
Registered
63 Posts
Jay Severin is an awsome political commentator and has a true talent for analyzing the facts and telling it like it is, regardles of political ideologies. Now, Sean Hannity and Laura Ingraham are not even in Jay's league. Sean is soooo pro law enforcement, yet he calls G.Gordon Liddy, a convicted felon, a "good friend." Ingraham has nothing interesting to add, concerning political discussion, she is simply a reactionary. Plus those two are so "pro Bush", that they never admit when he is wrong or made a mistake, which greatly diminishes their credibility. The choice is easy.....Jay Severin!

·
1,334 Posts
Severin is great, but I do not get to listen too much unfortunately. But working mids, atleast John and Jeff are on the air. They do have some funny and whacked out callers. Both great listening.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.