Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a letter from MSP today saying they will be considering some 95's (I'm a 95er) for the 79th R.T.T. Anyone else have this happy mail waiting for them?

·
Registered
125 Posts
The letter says that they have created an opportunity for a small number of candidates with a score of 95 to be selected for the State Police Academy's 79th Recruit Training Troop. The selection activity schedule for candidates will be aggressive - there will be no time to make up appointments or rescheduling of events for those that cannot meed its demands. The activities will commence in October 2005.

I was shocked when I got the letter, because it seemed like 95's had no chance at all. This is great news for us 95 guys that have long awaited this letter. I wish you all the best of luck.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I wonder if they randomly selected who got letters? I have a friend who got a 95 and didn't recieve one. How many 95's were there?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I think it was close to 1000, but tell him not to worry because he could get his on Tuesday. Sunday and Monday = no mail. I just got mine yesterday.

·
Lemme take a selfie
5,841 Posts
If I remember correctly, there were 1290 people who scored a 95. It's gonna be one hell of a competition for those spots...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yes, I received my letter on Saturday. I will be declining because I took a position in North Carolina. The reason I applied for the NC job was because I thought I had no chance in hell. I am past the point of no return now so I will have to decline. My friend who is a Woonsocket cop told me I should try anyway and then move back. I leave Monday. The acedmy starts in Feb. The is next to impossible. I am upset though because this was a major goal of mine. What would you guys do?

·
Subscribing Member
1,169 Posts
Listen to your friend. You should NEVER pass up an opportunity to do better, especially when it is something you've always wanted! :NO:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Do you guys think this may be for a reserve list in case some others drop out? Why wouldn't we attend the the run with the others. They gave no details in the letter other than our process would begin in October. I wonder how many are the small group selected. Good luck fellow 95ers!

·
Subscribing Member
211 Posts
I was one of the "lucky" ones with a 95 that got a letter that took the test only 3 1/2 years ago in Worcester.But I'll have to decline due to now being a proud member of the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department (now in Week 11 of the Academy, only 12 more weeks to go).Good luck to all those 95'ers in the SPA.

·
Registered
125 Posts
mannysaba said:
Do you guys think this may be for a reserve list in case some others drop out? Why wouldn't we attend the the run with the others. They gave no details in the letter other than our process would begin in October. I wonder how many are the small group selected. Good luck fellow 95ers!
Well, I wouldn't mind getting a chance even if it's on the standby list because they always get to everyone. You also have to figure in this exam is 3 1/2 years old and people move on to other careers. Im currently in the process with Phoenix Police because I lost hope and was looking forward to their academy come fall. I got this letter just in time.

They gave no details in the letter other than our process would begin in October.
They said activities will commence in Oct. Why would they give a date? They have to figure out how many 95s return the application. Im sure we will get another letter with the schedule of events after we submit our application.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.