Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a little curious about the secrecy behind drug charges.

Why is it that those charges are top-secret, like sexual cases?

I understand there are many reasons behind keeping sexual cases under lockdown, but why the fuss over the nation's druggies?

·
Subscribing Member
1,362 Posts
I have not see not much "secrecy" around this what do you mean? But if it is right after the arrest it maybe do to the investigator trying to get the next up the ladder and don't want to tip them off. Or it could be that some people feel that druggies are addicted and that addiction is an illness so it should be confidential but like I said I really have not seen it. I have run BOPs and stuff and drugs charges were on them.

·
Subscribing Member
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh? Illness? My speeding is due to a lack of adrenaline and fear. Can you clear my KQ? :D

Well I know where I work p.t., drug cases are locked up tight, only the officer who wrote the report and supervisors can view them, whereas most people can view all cases except sexual... except us part timers. Only incident report.

Maybe its just our dept, but if I remember correctly, drug charges are also easier to get 'sealed' so that the offence does not show up on th bop, just the disposition and status.

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
mikey742 said:
But if it is right after the arrest it maybe do to the investigator trying to get the next up the ladder and don't want to tip them off.
That's right! The fish is always looking to bite a bigger worm. You can't get the big worm if he knows you hooked one of his little diggers.

·
At your six
209 Posts
RPD931 said:
That's right! The fish is always looking to bite a bigger worm. You can't get the big worm if he knows you hooked one of his little diggers.
Remember that, RPD931. Bigger and better things................ :ninja:

·
Registered
43 Posts
The drugs reports are probably kept secret so that nobody can view them b/c sometimes confidential informants are used when making buys and the det's don't want anyone to know who their target is before they get them...loose lips can sink ships

1 - 6 of 6 Posts