94 Camaro | MassCops

94 Camaro

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by TPD Lt., Jul 26, 2010.

1. TPD Lt.

TPD Lt. MassCops Member

So I really pissed the wife off today. Im going to be on vacation for 3 weeks starting next monday. So today I decided to buy my neighbors Camaro that has been under a tarp in his back yard for the last 5 years. It has almost 120k miles, it needs front brakes, tie rods, a window motor, and of course a battery. The paint is decent, tires are like new, it has the 5.7L v8 (275HP?), T-tops. He sold it to me for $500 I think I got a good deal on it my wife on the other hand thinks im crazy. I figured it will be a good project to work on for a few days during vacation, my son is excited because he is going to help me on it. I can do the work my self I have all the tools. So roughly $500 in parts and I have a decent Camaro, which I plan on giving to my son since I never gave him a graduation present. My wife hasnt talked to me since I drove it into the yard...But honestly who on here wouldnt want a v8 camaro with t-tops on the road inspected all said and done with for $1500?

2. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

Nice catch Lt. It will make for a great father-son project. You know you will spend $525 in parts, because you'll need to take him for the requisite gold chain necklace to drive that rig.:teeth_smile:

3. TPD Lt.

TPD Lt. MassCops Member

Well if it would come to that I would just stay up all night working on the car in the garage with the radio blasting. But she will get over it, I just have to remind her of the 4 brand new cars she has gotten in the last 10 years.

4. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

Good deal! The wife will get over it sooner or later...

Get your parts at Rockauto.com...if you can wait a few days, it's usually a third cheaper than the auto parts store - and that's after shipping.

5. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

Document the restoration with pictures and post them on here!

6. TPD Lt.

TPD Lt. MassCops Member

Thanks. I will look into that tomorrow, I still have another week of work so if I can save a few bucks (that will please the wife) that would be great.

---------- Post added at 22:30 ---------- Previous post was at 22:17 ----------

Well its not going to look much different when Im done, but I will get a pic. up in the next couple days

7. HuskyH-2

HuskyH-2 G-Rap made me do it!

That's awesome. Ever considered adopting another son? I'm potty trained

8. jedediah1

jedediah1 MassCops Member

:unsure: i'd rather have a mustang...sorry Lt., but hey as long as you're happy, great get!!

maybe next time, you'll think about a nice ford we can all be excited for :smoke:

9. TPD Lt.

TPD Lt. MassCops Member

No thanks im all set with the little "angels" that I already have:wink_smile:

10. cc3915

cc3915 MassCops Angel Staff Member

Sounds like a nice deal LT. Put a governor on it though. :teeth_smile:

11. TPD Lt.

TPD Lt. MassCops Member

Im not really worried about that. His last car was a 96 Mustang 5.0, he never got any speeding tickets, never any accidents, and he took care of it. So I think he will be able to handle the camaro, hopefully it doesnt fall apart like his mustang did. Either way before I hand him the keys I am going to take it for a rip and see what the 5.7L v8 has to dish out.

12. TPD Lt.

TPD Lt. MassCops Member

I took these pictures this morning on my cell phone so they arent great.

13. cc3915

cc3915 MassCops Angel Staff Member

Lookin good Lt. Good luck with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. TPD Lt.

TPD Lt. MassCops Member

Break lines are good. Thanks for the tip on the heater box I will definatly check that out.

15. Big.G

Big.G In Tactical Mode....

Nice grab! Not sure what your intentions are after you get it on the road but it looks like you have a good solid foundation for a project car. Aftermarket options are endless with the 350 SBC...afterall, that block has been in production since the late 50's. Plus, it being a '94=No emissions testing!

16. TPD Lt.

TPD Lt. MassCops Member

Got the car registered today. Went to the registry right from work. Walked in still in uniform walked out 10 min. later with the plates, I knew this job had its "perks" :shades_smile: