90-20? | MassCops

90-20?

Discussion in 'Vehicle Laws' started by devenob, Jan 7, 2016.

1. devenob

devenob 2300

Ok so I'm a little confused here. As far as a black rejection sticker, yes I did read the thread below no answer..the scheft book states

"540 CMR 4.07 states that a rejection sticker authorizes a motor vehicle to be operated for 60 days and a motorcycle 20 days ..provided that all safety related defects are corrected before continued operation. Only a emissions problem permits Continued operation"

Does that mean a black rejection sticker gives you the 60 days continued operation? Or does the 60 days only apply to the red rejection stickers? And the black one gives you the full year? It seems to be worded so that its up to your interpretation...I'm just wondering so the next time Johnny shitbag tries to explain the rejection sticker laws to me I can tell him to shove it ahaha, thanks guys

2. Bloodhound

Bloodhound MassCops Member

Red R = No operation until the safety defect is corrected. Black R is for emissions failure and gives you 60 to correct it. Though I thought they did away with the black R stickers, but I'm not sure.

Goose and mpd61 like this.
  3. mpd61

mpd61 Retired Fed, Active Special

Red R = Drive while current year sticker color is current (especially dark, like blue or green)
    Black R = Drive it until the wheels fall off
    **WARNING** Stay off the Pike until you get a real sticker kid!
    :eek:

Code 3 and Goose like this.
  4. bok

bok MassCops Member

Red colored sticker w/ an "S" your dead...immediate tow & inventory if you so desire.

Goose likes this.
  5. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

Geez, they hand out red S's too? Must stand for SuperShitbox.

mpd61 likes this.