9-year-old walks in heels to raise awareness for domestic violence | MassCops

9-year-old walks in heels to raise awareness for domestic violence

Discussion in 'Fundraisers & Charity Events' started by LGriffin, Apr 17, 2014.

1. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

FINDLAY, OH (Toledo News Now) -
    It's not very often you see men walking around in high heels, but they'll be doing that in Findlay next week to bring awareness to domestic violence. The leader of the pack is a small boy on a big mission.
    A 9-year-old boy in heels has a big challenge for the mayor of Findlay. Strapping on his mom's highest heels, Joseph wobbled his way straight to the mayor's office Wednesday morning.
    He doesn't usually dress up in heels before school, but it was a special occasion. Joseph met Mayor Lydia Mihalik to ask her face to face to sponsor him, as he runs a mile in heels next Saturday.
    "I am going to raise money for boys and girls so they don't get abused," Joseph explained.
    For the past five years, Joseph has been a part of Findlay's Open Arms "Walk a Mile in Her Shoes." It's an event where men set aside their masculinity -- and comfort -- for a day to walk a grueling mile in high heels, raising money and awareness for domestic and sexual violence.
    http://www.cbs3springfield.com/stor...eels-to-raise-awareness-for-domestic-violence

Stilettos? Geez, the least mom could do is get him a sensible platform wedge. The poor little philanthropist is going to have bunions by the time he's 10!

mtc, right.as.rain, frank and 2 others like this.
  2. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

3. RodneyFarva

RodneyFarva Get off my lawn!

or he'll grow up to be the director of the FBI, or a serial murderer.

zm88 and ShmitDiesel like this.
  4. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Bunions?

More like therapy. My son ever pulled that stunt, he'd learn the definition of domestic violence the hard way.

mtc, zm88, LGriffin and 1 other person like this.
  5. Newsflash, kid: women wear sneakers too. *smh*

Sent from my wicked smaht Droid Maxx

mtc, mpd61 and LGriffin like this.
  6. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

Yeah, no way those are his moms boots.:oops:

mtc and right.as.rain like this.
  7. DNorth

DNorth MassCops Member

Total asshattery that could screw the kid up for life.

The only thing I liked is that Lydia Mihalik appears to be potentially quite a hottie.