Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Alien Member
17,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
89-Year-Old Woman Arrested For Taking Ball

BLUE ASH, Ohio -- She took a teenager's ball and wouldn't give it back. Now 89 year-old Edna Jester from Blue Ash is facing charges.

"I said go ahead and arrest me. Handcuff me if you'd like, because I said I'm not guilty of anything," said Jester.

Blue Ash Police arrested Jester Thursday for petty theft after taking her teenage neighbor's football that was in her yard, NewsChannel5 sister station WCPO-TV in Cincinnati reported.

The incident was caught on tape by people across the street who support Jester.

"Taken down and interrogated, a 90 year-old lady. It almost hits home like this is the United States, this can't happen and this is absolutely ridiculous," said neighbor Kevin Pike.

Kelly Tanis has five children and said Jester has taken balls from her children before. So she called the police.

"This time it was a ball that my son had just bought with his own money. He works and he makes his own money, and he bought that ball, and six days later she took it."

Blue Ash Police said they didn't want to arrest Jester. Instead, they just wanted her to give the ball back.

Jester said that wasn't going to happen.

"I was giving it back sooner or later, but not right now, so they could make a laughing stock out of me," Jester said.

Neighbors said the issue of where the kids should and shouldn't play has been ongoing for quite some time.

Jester's court date is Nov. 12.

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/17755843/detail.html

1 - 1 of 1 Posts