Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
141 - 159 of 159 Posts

·
Semper Occultus
236 Posts
Can 100% confirm this. The MSP does not give two shits about their recruits that get injured. Even when you are in the hospital for days no one will contact you, or your family. You won’t hear a fucking peep until you call them and tell them that you need to resign after the doctor tells you “No physical activity for a month and a half minimum”. When they hear that, they can’t get up to the hospital fast enough with your resignation paper work
If I remember correctly, if you are injured you are put on light duty and still allowed to continue the academy. You WILL be singled out and encouraged to quit but ultimately you make that decision. There is a certain period of time where you will need to come off of “light duty” or whatever the hell they call it because you are allowed to miss only so much PT before they eventually just kick you out.

For those of you that make it to the academy, just remember that that entire place is nothing but a fuck fuck game. Ignore the bullshit and everything the DI’s tell you. Oh, and try not to laugh too hard when they tell you “reputation is everything.” I know I almost burst out laughing the first time I heard that come out of a DI’s mouth.

·
Semper Occultus
236 Posts
I have a list of the DI’s from when our class went through and we needed to write the gigs out to the DI’s that gave them to us. I don’t think his name was on it though.

I remember reading this article when it first came out. I could’ve sworn I heard a similar story being talked about by the troopers at the barracks I was breaking in at. They never used a name but said that this particular trooper, whoever he/she was, had misplaced their gun and was burning through their sick leave and time off in the hopes of finding the gun. Fast forward to after my resignation and then I see this article pop up on my news feed. I remember chuckling to myself and thinking “I guess the dumb ass never found his gun.”

Its possible they were talking about someone else entirely but then that would mean there’s another trooper still on the job that can’t keep track of his gun. This IS MSP we’re talking about so anything is possible at this point.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have a list of the DI’s from when our class went through and we needed to write the gigs out to the DI’s that gave them to us. I don’t think his name was on it though.

I remember reading this article when it first came out. I could’ve sworn I heard a similar story being talked about by the troopers at the barracks I was breaking in at. They never used a name but said that this particular trooper, whoever he/she was, had misplaced their gun and was burning through their sick leave and time off in the hopes of finding the gun. Fast forward to after my resignation and then I see this article pop up on my news feed. I remember chuckling to myself and thinking “I guess the dumb ass never found his gun.”

Its possible they were talking about someone else entirely but then that would mean there’s another trooper still on the job that can’t keep track of his gun. This IS MSP we’re talking about so anything is possible at this point.
I know a guy who worked at a Sheriffs Dept in MA who was on transport duty and left his gun in the bathroom of a mcdonald’s

·
Registered
76 Posts
Anyone know if cards went out yet? How many? Just got an email about possibly participating in a practice run. Probably doesn’t mean anything but I’m pretty far down on the list.
I haven’t received anything yet. I’m around 1000 and got the 2nd voluntary run invite invite too. It seems crazy but my guess is they will go out in mid December to January.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I received the notice for the 85th and 86th RTT but I have been deferring it because I have been active duty. On the last civil service exam I did not put down State Police because I was nervous that it would mess with the notices I’ve deferred. I ended up getting a 99 on the last test and did better than my original score (89). I was curious if the latest test score will be taken into account even if I did not put down the State Police. My active duty contract also ends in the next two weeks so the timing is pretty perfect.

·
Registered
114 Posts
So I received the notice for the 85th and 86th RTT but I have been deferring it because I have been active duty. On the last civil service exam I did not put down State Police because I was nervous that it would mess with the notices I’ve deferred. I ended up getting a 99 on the last test and did better than my original score (89). I was curious if the latest test score will be taken into account even if I did not put down the State Police. My active duty contract also ends in the next two weeks so the timing is pretty perfect.
[email protected]

·
Registered
497 Posts
No, but it shouldn’t matter since you’ve deferred in the past because of active duty. If you were reached on a previous RTT but could not attend because of active duty you are priority over other candidates if I’m not mistaken.

141 - 159 of 159 Posts