Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
121 - 140 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
What’s the initial process, they send a postcard and you go sign somewhere?
Pretty much just Yes or No and a deferment for Military. They are NOT forgiving when it comes to injuries. If you’re injured during the process and drop out of it, good luck on the next CS exam. You’ll be off the list entirely..

Get injured at the RTT, better luck next time on the next CS exam.

They are incredibly unforgiving when it comes to injuries.

·
Registered
76 Posts
1500 seems like serious overkill for the first RTT off a new list.
I went to the voluntary run back in October in New Braintree and literally one of the troopers who works in diversity and recruitment gave me that answer. Not sure if they plan on sending out to cover the 88th as well but I agree with you 1500 seems a bit high. Either way that’s what they told me during Q&A.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I went to the voluntary run back in October in New Braintree and literally one of the troopers who works in diversity and recruitment gave me that answer. Not sure if they plan on sending out to cover the 88th as well but I agree with you 1500 seems a bit high. Either way that’s what they told me during Q&A.
I’m not doubting you, just saying it’s a high number. I do highly doubt however they’re doing this for both RTT’s though.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I’m not doubting you, just saying it’s a high number. I do highly doubt however they’re doing this for both RTT’s though.
I forget the exact statistics but they were throwing out some high numbers for percentages of people who don’t even make it through the process. Probably aiming high knowing they can weed out people earlier.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I forget the exact statistics but they were throwing out some high numbers for percentages of people who don’t even make it through the process. Probably aiming high knowing they can weed out people earlier.
Yeah there’s always a decent chunk, but not enough to really warrant 1500 cards being sent out. That’s almost 1/3 of the entire list I think.

·
Registered
497 Posts
If they send out 1500 cards, all the those will go through the entire selection process? If so, that does seem like a lot for one class.
Yup, assuming everyone says yes, which not everyone will in reality, then yes everyone would go through the process. In past RTT’s, if I remember my RTT class, we had maybe about 800 on the phases list (PFT, Medical, Psych, Tattoo) that list.. and of that we had only a 1/4 of the list get in to the RTT obviously. That 800 isn’t including people that were on the list that didn’t pass every step. Some people fail the psych, some fail a medical, some even fail the tattoo part which is hard to believe nowadays since it’s more lax than it once was.

But yeah 1500 is a shit ton of people. No other way to say it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yup, assuming everyone says yes, which not everyone will in reality, then yes everyone would go through the process. In past RTT’s, if I remember my RTT class, we had maybe about 800 on the phases list (PFT, Medical, Psych, Tattoo) that list.. and of that we had only a 1/4 of the list get in to the RTT obviously. That 800 isn’t including people that were on the list that didn’t pass every step. Some people fail the psych, some fail a medical, some even fail the tattoo part which is hard to believe nowadays since it’s more lax than it once was.

when they had the large class during Covid they sent out a few batches of cards due to the lack of interest they got. There will be a lot of people who say no or don’t even show up just due to morale of the job right now. 1500 may be the new 800 in other words

·
Registered
497 Posts
when they had the large class during Covid they sent out a few batches of cards due to the lack of interest they got. There will be a lot of people who say no or don’t even show up just due to morale of the job right now. 1500 may be the new 800 in other words
They just probably figure why be cheap with the cards? But you have to remember, people taking the CS exam nowadays, don’t really need much motivation. If somebody is sitting down and taking a police exam in 2021 then they’re probably pretty sure about wanting to do this or at least giving it the old college try.

Also I mistyped, the 800 on the list I was a part of DID include people that failed some aspect of the process.

·
Registered
114 Posts

Maybe their thinking is they can get almost two full academies from one round of letters (candidates who pass everything and get on the list but don’t make the score cut off for the 87th would stay on that list for the 88th)

·
Registered
497 Posts
Maybe their thinking is they can get almost two full academies from one round of letters (candidates who pass everything and get on the list but don’t make the score cut off for the 87th would stay on that list for the 88th)
Possibly. I have no involvement in this academy obviously, but if your letters specify only the 87th RTT and make no mention of the 88th RTT then I think that would answer it. They’ll just start the process all over again for people who just miss out on the 87th RTT.. that’s how we do things in Massachusetts, hard and difficult.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Pretty much just Yes or No and a deferment for Military. They are NOT forgiving when it comes to injuries. If you’re injured during the process and drop out of it, good luck on the next CS exam. You’ll be off the list entirely..

Get injured at the RTT, better luck next time on the next CS exam.

They are incredibly unforgiving when it comes to injuries.
Can 100% confirm this. The MSP does not give two shits about their recruits that get injured. Even when you are in the hospital for days no one will contact you, or your family. You won’t hear a fucking peep until you call them and tell them that you need to resign after the doctor tells you “No physical activity for a month and a half minimum”. When they hear that, they can’t get up to the hospital fast enough with your resignation paper work

121 - 140 of 159 Posts