Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Page 1-19
The proposal recommends $415.3 million for the Massachusetts State Police. This includes $23.1 million for the State Police Crime Lab to support measures associated with criminal justice reform legislation as well as support for the 87th RTT class which is expected to graduate in October 2022.

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
I wonder how many people will show up to the pre PAT practice run at the academy mid October. Hoping for more info about start dates or numbers then.
I’m going. Something fishy about asking for an ID to participate when they say it doesn’t count towards anything.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Where did you see they are doing a Pre Pat test?
Recruitment office sent out emails with linked form for a voluntary run. No time released just October 16th date. No waiver sent out yet either. They are gathering names for how many people want to participate through the online form they send out.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I’m 370-400 range and didn’t get one either. Is it possible it’s from the option on their page to sign up for recruitment alerts and not off the list?
I’m around 1000 too. They send you a form to sign up. Email the requirement email on the Mass.gov website. Probably just taking them a while to get to all the emails. But yes also sign up for the recruitment updates on Mass.gov as well.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I’m around 1000 too. They send you a form to sign up. Email the requirement email on the Mass.gov website. Probably just taking them a while to get to all the emails. But yes also sign up for the recruitment updates on Mass.gov as well.
Recruitment email*

·
Registered
93 Posts
says it has no factor on anything if you did it or not i wouldn’t worry to much
it says that but it also says to bring an ID with you. If it doesn’t matter why would they verify ID? Security purposes of the academy? Liability if you get hurt?

·
Registered
93 Posts
How far down are you? I didn’t receive an invite but I’m also like 4K down
I’m around 1000 but you have to sign up for the recruitment updates on the state website. You missed the October 5th deadline as well to reply to the recruitment emails because you were not getting the updates.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I attended. You had to sign up for recruitment alerts on mass.gov to be sent the run signup email. Two groups attended from what I saw. I think about 50 max in each group. I was told by recruitment Troopers 1200-1500 cards are being sent out for the 87th. Trying for 3 RTT off the list. They recorded your time for the run and had two Q&A sessions.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Any idea on the month they’d be looking to start?
99.99% sure I think they said aiming for April and I should have been listening closer but had no way to write everything down during Q&A. Recruitment said it’s all up to funding and also I asked about if all the guys retire or resign from vaccine mandate will they need to or plan to get a RTT going sooner? He seemed to think they would try to speed up the process of getting the RTT going if there was large amounts leaving but still said it was up to funding. Also they said they are around 2,000 Troopers and if 150 leave everyone would be on call as a plan for support until the 86th graduates.

·
Registered
93 Posts
We thinking they will expire this list?
They didn’t mention the specific scores they would get down to over time but 3 x 1500 cards maximum sent out would be down to 4500 roughly and there’s 5500 on the list right? Probably won’t go through the entire list but close. Who knows. A lot of people might do municipal and they could get through the whole list.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Should be getting them sometime in November. They’re aiming for an April start date for the 87th and the process usually takes 3-4 months, November or very early December would make sense.
Found the last one from 2020 and it was dated Nov. 19, 2020

·
Registered
93 Posts
1500 seems like serious overkill for the first RTT off a new list.
I went to the voluntary run back in October in New Braintree and literally one of the troopers who works in diversity and recruitment gave me that answer. Not sure if they plan on sending out to cover the 88th as well but I agree with you 1500 seems a bit high. Either way that’s what they told me during Q&A.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts