Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
81 - 100 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
What’s this I’m hearing about no yelling the first week?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Wait really? They must be really hard for recruits if that’s the case.
Not sure if it’s typical police locker room gossip (which is worse than a group of high school cheerleaders) or true. I’m only mentioning it because I heard it from 2 separate people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
542 Posts
I heard first week is all admin type stuff no DI's until week 2..... weird, but it is 2021 so who knows

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
208 Posts
We will see next week. I'm not a hater just curious to see how many will quit
Also not for nothing, but if someone quits because of the yelling then they shouldn’t have even bothered staying in the process this long. Legitimate reasons to quit are few, but mainly financial or family/personal reasons. Recruits get paid peanuts, so some guy with a wife, kids and a mortgage may need to think more about it than some 23 year old.

Best advice is to take it one day at a time. When you think about how long the academy is every day it only fucks you up in the head.

·
Registered
38 Posts
well id assume right about now there are a couple people rethinking their decisions haha as much as i’m disappointed not to be there especially by less than a point...i’m going to enjoy my coffee and mow my lawn...

·
Registered
208 Posts
well id assume right about now there are a couple people rethinking their decisions haha as much as i’m disappointed not to be there especially by less than a point...i’m going to enjoy my coffee and mow my lawn...
I don’t know, I hope most of the guys and gals there realize how lucky they are to have even been reached on that Civil Service list. Best to take advantage of that.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I don’t know, I hope most of the guys and gals there realize how lucky they are to have even been reached on that Civil Service list. Best to take advantage of that.

Ya essentially hitting the lottery. But by the looks of some of the people I saw at least..i don’t think they realize it hahaha

·
Registered
208 Posts
Ya essentially hitting the lottery. But by the looks of some of the people I saw at least..i don’t think they realize it hahaha
I don’t think that even does it justice. I never would have expected an RTT to have gone down to the low 80s (I think 81 or 82) to field a class. I mean you get like a 70 for basically spelling your name right on the CS exam. Crazy.

81 - 100 of 110 Posts