Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
61 - 80 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Quick question do u guys actually think people will drop out and they will use people from the wait list
Yes and yes. they are not going to keep taking people from the list though. If 40 people don’t show up they’ll take those 20 and then go with it and what graduates will graduate

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Out off all the RTTs the 86 has the least amount of conversations.
I would anticipate a downward trend in discussions for future academies and RTT’s due to the absolute lack of interest in this career field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: cagekicker33

·
Here comes the Wee-Woo man
115 Posts
is the process the same for current police officers or do they do a lateral process or a abbreviated academy?
So, if you can get an equivalence exemption if ur out of state or if you’re a current maine police officer, you only have to take the 10 week trooper school, rather than the 18+10 full academy. That’s called a blue pin application, and they are currently accepting applications for that as well.

·
Registered
38 Posts
So, if you can get an equivalence exemption if ur out of state or if you’re a current maine police officer, you only have to take the 10 week trooper school, rather than the 18+10 full academy. That’s called a blue pin application, and they are currently accepting applications for that as well.

I sent you a PM with a couple questions if you don’t mind!

·
Registered
208 Posts
I heard around 2000 people which is way down than what it is normally
A little over 10,000 people signed up for the 2021 CS exam. That’s about the same as 2019, but 2019 also didn’t have the State as an option since they weren’t on the test. For a comparison, last time the State was on the exam was 2017 and there were around 14,000 people taking the exam, so we’re talking about a decrease of around 30% from 2017 (muni and state).. That’s not exactly a great sign. Less candidates means less qualified generally.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Quick question do u guys actually think people will drop out and they will use people from the wait list
Yes, people always drop out within the first few days and weeks. There’s a certain cut off, I think it’s 1-2 weeks in which if you haven’t gotten a call as a reserve in that time frame you’re shit out of luck. They can’t be having a reserve coming in 1 month in obviously.

·
Registered
208 Posts
They really moved right through the process for this 86th. Seems just like yesterday they were sending out cards. Enjoy those hot summer runs on Hanna Hill in the July heat boys!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I heard 1 girl posted on her fb say hello to the newest and cutest trooper she got hemmed up! Lol how many people u think will not show up day 1

·
Registered
208 Posts
I heard 1 girl posted on her fb say hello to the newest and cutest trooper she got hemmed up! Lol how many people u think will not show up day 1
Wow, I really want that to be true and would love to be a fly on the wall on her first day there. She’s asking to get wolf packed with her duffel bag empty and underwear laying all over that gym floor.

61 - 80 of 110 Posts