Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Best to post candidate numbers here so we can all keep track of each other's progress! And info share for when the DIs don't tell us enough info

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm still an active candidate. Last medical assessments are April 16th. All backgrounds should be almost complete. Vaccines being given tomorrow, the 9th. Looks like there's around 400 of us left.

I've heard completely unsubstantiated rumors that the academy is beginning May 24th. The only accurate answer is... we'll find out eventually. In the mean time keep running and do some pushups.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
I'm still an active candidate. Last medical assessments are April 16th. All backgrounds should be almost complete. Vaccines being given tomorrow, the 9th. Looks like there's around 400 of us left.

I've heard completely unsubstantiated rumors that the academy is beginning May 24th. The only accurate answer is... we'll find out eventually. In the mean time keep running and do some pushups.
I do have to say, you have one of the most unique/random names I’ve seen on a forum...Lave Soap is the shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts

I also heard they're doing the academy in May. I also heard rumors of them trying to do another PT test to get more applicants in. Looks like there is about 340 left and more will be rejected on the 16th/17th im assuming due to that being their next update. I wonder if with the vaccinations they'll try to push for a full academy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also heard they're doing the academy in May. I also heard rumors of them trying to do another PT test to get more applicants in. Looks like there is about 340 left and more will be rejected on the 16th/17th im assuming due to that being their next update. I wonder if with the vaccinations they'll try to push for a full academy.
That would be interesting if they were going to do another round of letters to get more applicants. I have heard may 24th was the start day which would coincide with the document list they sent out (license must be active on 5/23/21) i don’t know how they could do another round of letters, run, psych, medical, backgrounds in less than a month. I also looked at the budget the state put out for the 85th class it was around 4.5 million the budget for the 86th was 5.6 so i’m thinking with the vaccinations and the note that said if you test positive you’re on your own and must quarantine and if you miss 40 hours of training your done that they’re trying for a full size academy

·
Registered
11 Posts
That would be interesting if they were going to do another round of letters to get more applicants. I have heard may 24th was the start day which would coincide with the document list they sent out (license must be active on 5/23/21) i don’t know how they could do another round of letters, run, psych, medical, backgrounds in less than a month. I also looked at the budget the state put out for the 85th class it was around 4.5 million the budget for the 86th was 5.6 so i’m thinking with the vaccinations and the note that said if you test positive you’re on your own and must quarantine and if you miss 40 hours of training your done that they’re trying for a full size academy
Its my understanding that the academy has to begin before July because the funding is for this fiscal year. I could be wrong. If they sent out 100 - 200 more letters for more candidates I think they'd be able to get that done in a month.
What's the recruit capacity of the academy?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Its my understanding that the academy has to begin before July because the funding is for this fiscal year. I could be wrong. If they sent out 100 - 200 more letters for more candidates I think they'd be able to get that done in a month.
What's the recruit capacity of the academy?

·
Registered
6 Posts
that’s a good point that you bring up so I’m guessing that kind of puts an end to that idea with the time crunch. The only other option would be to push the academy back but during my psych interview the psych doctor said they were doing back to back academies (not sure how valid he is on anything other than psych). So I’m assuming they would want to get it does as soon as possible.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts