85 RTT MA STATE POLICE CANDIDATES | Page 6 | MassCops

85 RTT MA STATE POLICE CANDIDATES

Discussion in 'State Police' started by macops104, Mar 7, 2019.

1. sjr334

sjr334 MassCops Member

That’s what we did as of 1pm on Monday. Can’t imagine MSP keeping a class of 250+ together right now.

2. sjr334

sjr334 MassCops Member

That’s what we did as of 1pm on Monday. Can’t imagine MSP keeping a class of 250+ together right now.

3. RJ1990

RJ1990 New Member

Okay, again, they are not cancelling or putting the academy on hold. They are expected back in New Braintree bright and early on the 23rd or if their going to water training to the training facility in Ayer. And the class isn't 250+, that's what it started at.

Trust me on this..

4. 38bigblock

38bigblock MassCops Member

They should just accept applications and have a separate academy / training program for other full-time transfers. Look at NH. What’s the problem there?

NYC621 and felony like this.
  5. pd12cl

pd12cl MassCops Member

What academy? I work at one also and we’ve been told things are continuing on. Baker told them he wants the current academies to finish up ASAP

38bigblock likes this.
  6. 38bigblock

38bigblock MassCops Member

Good class to be a trooper hahaha

pahapoika, j809 and RodneyFarva like this.
  7. RodneyFarva

RodneyFarva Get off my lawn!

Ha. "do these boots and shirt fit you? they do, good! you're hired"

CCCSD, pahapoika, 38bigblock and 2 others like this.
  8. Navyguy23

Navyguy23 New Member

When I was an instructor in San Diego and a class had it "easy" for whatever reason, the next one always paid for it....86th will be hell!

9. Navyguy23

Navyguy23 New Member

10. sjr334

sjr334 MassCops Member

Wasn’t doubting you, it was simply a curiosity from someone working in a neighboring state’s academy.

looks like MSP changed things up. We got up and running again but switched to some E-learning and broke the class down into groups of less than 10 with a completion date a month early.

pahapoika likes this.
  11. RodneyFarva

85th Recruit Training Troop Graduation

The Department wishes to announce the Graduation Exercises for the 85th Recruit Training Troop. The graduation exercises will be held at tomorrow, Wednesday, May 06, 2020 at 12:00 p.m.

For present and past members, family and friends that wish to view the live steam of the ceremony, the link can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/MassStatePolice/live/

While the ceremony will have a very different look and feel to that of previous R.T.T’s, the accomplishments are no less remarkable. Please virtually join the Department in congratulating the 240 members of the 85th Recruit Training Troop.

NYC621 likes this.
  12. visible25

visible25 Supporting Member

Largest class in the last 10 years?

13. RodneyFarva

10+ years the average is 130 to 170-ish.

14. JR90

JR90 MassCops Member

Are they getting sworn in as SSPOs until they finish training? :D

visible25 and felony like this.
  15. felony

felony MassCops Member

Because it was camp cupcake. I know of several trainees that don't deserve to be in law enforcement that some how sneaked into this RTT.

16. TRN

TRN MassCops Member

17. RodneyFarva

That was awesome! "Were making training videos."
    Jokes on the new guys with the Tahoes they are being assigned to E troop.

LGriffin likes this.
  18. visible25

visible25 Supporting Member

So 84th are getting brand new Tahoes? Yikes.

19. NYC621

NYC621 New Member

MSP is allowing visible tats? If so, where can I find their updated policy? I'm debating on a sleeve/quarter sleeve and a forearm tat... so would be important to know before going under the needle.

20. NYC621

NYC621 New Member

Are you currently MSP? If so, I'm current LEO/military in Florida I have a couple questions as I want to come up there as a soon as the CS exam posts.

21. WMA7787

WMA7787 MassCops Member

no ya don’t.

DPH1992 likes this.
  22. DPH1992

DPH1992 MassCops Member

Why the hell would you leave Florida, for a LE job in Massachusetts? Not to mention the 2021 CS exam isn't going to have anyone graduate as MSP off that list for a good 1.5-2 years after. On a scale of 1-10 how much trolling are you doing right now?

23. DeltaTango131

DeltaTango131 MassCops Member

State budget states money to be allocated for 86th RTT expected graduation FY22? so probably will wait for new list to come out? no?

24. unexpo

unexpo MassCops Member

The FY22 period is July 1, 2021 - June 30, 2022, FYI. If they do a test in March 2021, and scores don’t come out until September 2021, that wouldn’t leave enough time to start the process, and graduate a class off the new list in FY22 IMO.

25. DeltaTango131

DeltaTango131 MassCops Member

Ahh okay. my bad.