85 RTT MA STATE POLICE CANDIDATES | Page 5 | MassCops

85 RTT MA STATE POLICE CANDIDATES

Discussion in 'State Police' started by macops104, Mar 7, 2019.

1. 38bigblock

38bigblock MassCops Member

Is snowman still in?!?! Did he hang his hat yet?!?!?!

TheSnowman likes this.
  2. patrol22

patrol22 MassCops Member

I’m a Cis-Trans Asian female who uses a wheelchair, when can I pick up my cruiser?

But seriously body cams, GPS and cruiser cams? Yeesh

RodneyFarva likes this.
  3. PG1911

PG1911 Back Out in the Sticks

Pick a colonel from outside the agency? That'll go over like a lead balloon with the troopers. It doesn't make much sense either. 10 years on the job and you want to be a trooper? Start at square one with the rest of the trainees. 10 years on the job and you want to be in command of the entire agency? Say no more. Here's your new office.

4. RodneyFarva

RodneyFarva Get off my lawn!

I was scratching my head at that too, "I'm too old to get to be a trooper and i couldn't score high enough to get on but now I'm your new boss."

PG1911 likes this.
  5. PBC FL Cop

PBC FL Cop Subscribing Member

Best of luck to everyone!

6. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

While not mutually exclusive, you can't have a system based on increasing diversity AND maximizing merit and capability. There will be candidates of all backgrounds who qualify based on merit and capability, but we all know what "increasing diversity" usually means.

Oh good let's spend money that could be better used putting boots on the road to do a nationwide search for a colonel. The only thing that might be worse is the thought that an Ed Davis type could end up with the job.

GARDA likes this.
  7. visible25

visible25 Supporting Member

So cadets, just become troopers?

8. j809

j809 Subscribing Member

The cadet program will be another hackarama system backdoor that will be used to put troopers kids in the SP. Same thing as the Boston Cadet Program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hush likes this.
  9. 38bigblock

I think “cadet program” means taking transfers, but making them do some kind of alternate academy. I don’t think it’s like “explorers”, or Boy Scouts. Furthermore, they’re still civil service. So these “cadets” still need to take the test and get selected.

10. USAF3424

USAF3424 MassCops Member

They will make it just like the bpd cadet program. Do 2 years, score above a 70 and you bypass the entire list including veterans. Cadets will be handpicked i guarantee it.

j809 likes this.
  11. 38bigblock

your telling me people arnt handpicked now ?? Please ................

12. Navyguy23

Navyguy23 New Member

I just got one for yesterday the 2017 opening - exam end of February - 2 plus years does a change a lot, I'm kind of an old man now (almost 34) and I'm guessing the 86th isn't coming any time soon!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
  13. SJR87

SJR87 MassCops Member

Long shot but trying to keep a pipe dream alive. It seems as though MSP will continue to pull from the 2017 list. I scored poorly (79) and all but forgot about it. I’ve heard rumors from other guys on the job that they have reached the mid 80s to fill the 85th.

just curious what the general opinion is of those of you that work in the commonwealth is regarding this. If anyone is willing to talk in more detail through PM that works too. I am already on the job out of the state.

14. Navyguy23

Navyguy23 New Member

Not sure what the exact number is, but when I took the military makeup exam at HQ, HR said they are into the mid 80s

15. Bloodhound

Bloodhound MassCops Member

How the world has changed.

16. mpd61

mpd61 Retired Fed, Active Special

Hey!
    I meet the Colonel's requirements for the 10/5 years aspect. I'd look good sporting eagles, and I promise to eliminate SSPO's from ALL the state schools....................
    That and I'd make Kilvinsky my driver with the rank of Lance Corporal, cuz hey, I'd be derr Colonel!

17. felony

felony MassCops Member

The 35 yo age limit is bullshit. I have been a full time cop for 10 years and now a veteran and I can't get hired because I am 36.

18. Bloodhound

Bloodhound MassCops Member

Did you take the 2017 exam?

19. felony

felony MassCops Member

No I did not. I would be a automatic DQ, due to having a visible sleeve tattoo. However, now that the MSP realizes they limited their candidate pool, they authorized candidates with tattoos to proceed in the process. My gripe is that they now authorized visible tattoos and I am too old to take the test.

20. Navyguy23

Navyguy23 New Member

I also didn’t take it in 2017 because of the tattoo policy. HR basically said I’d be DQ’d the day I showed up for the PT test....almost 3 years later back in the hunt at nearly 34 years old

felony likes this.
  21. RodneyFarva

RodneyFarva Get off my lawn!

File photo of Felony
    safe_image.jpg

38bigblock, Goose, mpd61 and 2 others like this.
  22. Navyguy23

Navyguy23 New Member

How are current events impacting the 85th?

23. RJ1990

RJ1990 New Member

It's not, they're just telling them to be careful on the weekends and if they're exhibiting any signs of the virus to report it.

I think they take them out back on Hanna Hill and dispose of the bodies there..

pahapoika and Navyguy23 like this.
  24. sjr334

sjr334 MassCops Member

Interested to know also. I was reassigned to our municipal academy as an instructor and we were forced to suspended it for a minimum of two weeks.

25. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

Considering even the military is cancelling basic....good luck. Academies and departments in other states are telling recruits to go home.