85 RTT MA STATE POLICE CANDIDATES | Page 3 | MassCops

85 RTT MA STATE POLICE CANDIDATES

Discussion in 'State Police' started by macops104, Mar 7, 2019.

1. CCCSD

CCCSD MassCops Member

Gladiator Rules. You fight for it. Seriously. I’m not kidding.

Goose, FPFC2 and TheSnowman like this.
  2. jgraham11

jgraham11 Guest

Probably just get broken into groups, some go for fingerprints, others go for pushups/situps, then the others go for a run.

I counted around 215 going on the day that I'm scheduled. That'd be one crowded run if we all went at the same time.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2019
  3. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Semper Occultus

So it's a fight to the death then. I figured they might have to get creative with how they vet people.

4. Bloodhound

Bloodhound MassCops Member

As I said in another thread, you literally start the run at the start line in a big blob of bodies.

5. jgraham11

jgraham11 Guest

There's going to be some serious drafting going on then.

Goose likes this.
  6. Bloodhound

Bloodhound MassCops Member

[​IMG]

Joel98, LGriffin, 38bigblock and 5 others like this.
  7. 53179

53179 New Member

I'm on about the 11th page of the list...what are the chances of even getting the job? is it even worth going to the PT test? Also any idea when the class would even be?

8. TheSnowman

Only you can decide whether or not it’s worth it. As far as the start date for the academy, it should be sometime in September. Take with a grain of salt

9. jgraham11

jgraham11 Guest

You mean 11th page for the PFT? So what April 25th? That has no relevance to you getting through to the academy. What's going to matter is passing the PFT run, crossing all the Ts and dotting the Is on the application and hoping the background investigators don't hear from your disgruntled ex-gf.

Joel98 likes this.
  10. 53179

53179 New Member

sorry i should have clarified what i mean.....i'm set for april 18th.....basically wondering what are my chances of getting hired if i pass the pt test, backround, etc with me being behind so many people.

11. 53019

53019 MassCops Member

What is the etiquette exactly on ex-employers and the background check? I'm feeling like I should let my old bosses/managers know they might hear from some state background investigator eventually. It probably doesn't look good if some BI shows up and your old boss is completely lost on what's going on.

12. jgraham11

jgraham11 Guest

How bad do you reckon the traffic jam was out there in New Braintree today? Any April 4th PFT people here?

13. jgraham11

jgraham11 Guest

Well you wouldn't be "hired" you'd just get into the academy. Truth is a decent portion of people are going to fail at some aspect of the process. Whether that's the PFT or the background check. You'd be surprised how many people think they can sweep small things on their record under the rug, DUI's, speeding tickets, maybe even more serious stuff like A/B. Then you'll just have a few people who just have no business running the 1.5 mile. So that thins the heard out alot.

I think I remember reading someone on here counted around 770 people in the process. You'd have to imagine that'll be around 230 for the academy, so your chances are just that. And just because that number is 770 (roughly) doesn't mean all 770 people will show up. That being said they may try to squeeze more people in, nobody really knows how many they'll take for sure. You pass the PFT, you have nothing to worry about on your background and you interview well then you're in a pretty good position.

I do understand what you mean though with the candidacy number and how far down you are. That does have relevance because they choose in order. Like say there's a lot of good candidates from today and April 11th that fit the mold, well that'll just make it that much harder for people on April 18th and 25th. Not impossible, but they do go in order according to the MSP website.

Then there's the whole tattoo situation if you have those.. But rumblings are they're going to ease up on that alot. We'll see..

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2019
  14. unexpo

unexpo MassCops Member

I heard the MSP recently sent out another 600 letters, and only half of the people showed up for the run. So that makes a total of 2800 letters sent out for the 85th RTT. Anyone able to confirm this?

15. unexpo

unexpo MassCops Member

16. Massavefun781

Massavefun781 MassCops Member

300 letters were sent out for this "3rd" tier of applicants out of the 300, 91 of us showed, out of the 91 maybe 45 passed. Our class actually broke 3 records for slowest applicants ever, honestly I cant even tell you how ive made it this far. Also we weren't even promised the academy unless col Gilpin passes legislation for more troopers? We were told shes working diligently so its a hopefully at this point. But if we do pass this round of PT that we would go to the top of the list for the 86 RTT this is what we we're told this past Thursday the 25th

17. 38bigblock

38bigblock MassCops Member

In my resignation / drop out letter I explained to them why some (maybe most?) people are saying no, but I got the impression they didn’t care :rolleyes:. Nor does it really affect me but; academy pay isn’t reasonable to support a family and a full-time live in second academy for current / active / FT LEO’s is over the top too. Great job, a lot of people’s “dream job” but not as practical for the guy who’s already established in life. Granted I know guys who’ve made the sacrifice, but for every 1 who does it looks like there around 400-600 who don’t!

Good luck 85th!

Joel98, mpd61, Danusmc0321 and 2 others like this.
  18. Clydon94

Clydon94 MassCops Member

You think there will be a 86th right away? Next year?

19. Danusmc0321

Danusmc0321 MassCops Member

Fantastic.....

20. 38bigblock

Only the best ;)

21. Danusmc0321

Danusmc0321 MassCops Member

I have noticed with this last class, guys with previous experience has gone wayy down. The 83rd we had Troopers from other states, sergeants from large cities, guys that had extensive police/military backgrounds. Now some of the best guys we have had no prior experience coming into the job, so it’s all person to person, but nothing beats experience. The academy pay needs to go up and we need a solid contract to entice guys to go through another academy. It’s been mentioned a lot of times, by a lot of people, but there’s only a few who can change it. It will only help the job in the long run...

22. 38bigblock

An education incentive would probably get you guys at least half way there and regular step 1 pay for the academy recruits would probably fill the other half

Joel98 and Danusmc0321 like this.
  23. TheSnowman

You can be damn sure MSP wants there to be one but ultimately it all comes down to funding and politics. As for the 85th RTT funding, it looks like it’s in its final stages of getting approval from the governor.
    Massachusetts Legislature passes $43.1 billion state budget for fiscal 2020
    This article came out on the 22nd and it says Baker has 10 days to review and sign off on it. I guess we should be hearing something by tomorrow maybe. If not definitely by then end of the week.

24. patrol22

patrol22 MassCops Member

That’s a good point. A lot of guys will say that it you want it bad enough you will make it work. That’s true - some people will but at the end of the day it’s MSP that looses out on a lot of good talent.

Joel98, pahapoika and 38bigblock like this.
  25. TheSnowman

Let’s see... so that’s about 70% of the candidates not showing up and then another 50% that can’t even pass the PFT. Sounds like a serious recruitment issue.

Joel98 likes this.