85 RTT MA STATE POLICE CANDIDATES | Page 2 | MassCops

85 RTT MA STATE POLICE CANDIDATES

Discussion in 'State Police' started by macops104, Mar 7, 2019.

1. jgraham11

jgraham11 Guest

Fall of 2019, that's what it says in the cards and online. Nothing is for sure until they pass the state budget either, but given the numbers and retirements that shouldn't be a problem.

j809 likes this.
  2. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Semper Occultus

As far as solid dates are concerned, March 22nd is the deadline to have all the interest selection forms in. I wouldn’t expect to hear anything from them as far as dates are concerned until after that date. And the next thing we would hear about is the date for the initial run.

3. jgraham11

jgraham11 Guest

Do they make you go home on weekends? Is it an option to stay there in New Braintree?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2019
  4. TheSnowman

You get the boot Friday evening and then you need to return Monday morning. If you live far away, I’ve heard of people renting a hotel close to the academy so that they don’t have to worry about travel time and traffic.

Joel98 likes this.
  5. jgraham11

jgraham11 Guest

Oh okay, I meant like just staying at the academy but never mind. I figure if I'm gonna be in it, commit to it 100%

6. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

Just stop by the New Braintree Blockbuster Friday night and make sure you have a portable DVD player and extension cord for the barracks to keep you company.

Chow hall is probably closed tho. Maybe you can sneak a dozen jelly donuts into your footlocker and eat them all before Monday morning.

Joel98, pd12cl, TheSnowman and 5 others like this.
  7. 413cop

413cop MassCops Member

I know several people who got letters for the 84th, however they declined. The updated list still has them on it, however they never received letters for the 85th. Anyone have an insight into why they are still on the list and not receiving letters?

8. CCCSD

CCCSD MassCops Member

Are those old contaminated houses still out there in the training area? If so, I think the second floor has a room with a working door...at least, it did.

pahapoika, Tuna and TheSnowman like this.
  9. Tuna

Tuna Always entertained

Last I knew 2 of those houses are occupied. Region 5 MEP and MSP stress unit.

10. pd12cl

pd12cl MassCops Member

Next class you get to go home at the end of the day. Just make sure you ask senior DI for permission

11. CCCSD

CCCSD MassCops Member

They were SOOOOOOO fucked up when I went through CONTOMS back in ‘97. I booked a room at a local motel and commuted. Great training area though. I doubt the Statie SWAT guys will EVER forget the NH cop doing his Cagney “Top of the World, Ma” shootout. We laughed so hard we couldn’t continue...

12. jgraham11

jgraham11 Guest

Update from mass.gov..

Fitness assessments begin on April 4th and will occur every Thursday after that. Plan on being at the academy all day it says. Look at the website to find your candidate number and it should be posted on March 25th.. I'm paraphrasing, but that's the summary.

13. TheSnowman

14. jgraham11

jgraham11 Guest

15. unexpo

unexpo MassCops Member

So they sent out over 1500 letters, not including deferments from previous RTT, and only got 782 people to reply back they were interested in continuing the process? Yikes....

16. unexpo

unexpo MassCops Member

Or is that normal? I don’t even know, but seems bad lol

17. TheSnowman

Where did you get 9-10 from? The first page alone has nothing but deferments. Anyone with the designation:
    83-#### or 84-#### is a person that was deferred from the selection process of a previous class. People with the designation 85-#### are people that were contacted and replied specifically for this RTT.
    782 is normal if we're going by this previous class. only 750 people responded to that one but at the same time this new list has more deferments on it so its about the same as last time.

18. jgraham11

jgraham11 Guest

Yeah I missed a page, I see it now. I wasn't even aware people could defer. I'm curious which of the PFT or the background check is what brings the 782 number down more

19. Bloodhound

Bloodhound MassCops Member

Yup, that's about right.

20. jgraham11

jgraham11 Guest

I think you also have to keep everything in context. The test was taken back in 2017. The people who took that exam could be in much different places than they were back then, educationally, professionally, maybe they got on with their city or town PD, they may not even live in MA anymore. A lot can happen in 2 plus years that change a persons plans.

That being said it's their loss! You don't really get more than one shot at this type of thing.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2019
    38bigblock likes this.
  21. TheSnowman

The only thing that’s different this time around is that it looks like they are going to have us there the whole day. They even told us to bring a lunch and water bottle. When I went through with the 84th we did the run, push-ups, sit-ups and then they showed us the door.

Also there wasn’t another RTT going on at the time. So basically come April 4th there will be about 400 people at the State Police Academy. That’s going to be a lot of cars and people coming and going from one point to the next. Cluster fuck waiting to happen.

22. jgraham11

jgraham11 Guest

Yeah I'm curious to see how they're going to fill the day up. The 1.5 mile run, push ups/sit ups and some quick fingerprints can't take more than a few hours. Maybe some interviewing? Just a guess

23. 413cop

413cop MassCops Member

On the day of the run, how do they decide who runs first?

24. macops104

macops104 MassCops Member

Time to shave the beards fellas !

25. TheSnowman

They came out with a new policy that if you have a beard they will bump your name up a few spots on the list. It's a relatively new policy.
    They go by whoever has the longest beard first. Grow that thing out as much as possible if you want to go first.