85 RTT MA STATE POLICE CANDIDATES | MassCops

85 RTT MA STATE POLICE CANDIDATES

Discussion in 'State Police' started by macops104, Mar 7, 2019.

1. macops104

macops104 MassCops Member

What's up everyone I received a candidate letter for a chance of making it into the next state police academy. I made this forum for anyone else who have also received the candidate letter, so this way we could all help each other out throughout the process, as i know some of us might have a tone of questions. Feel free to post anything as far as updates, one's status or anything related to the subject.

2. PBC FL Cop

PBC FL Cop Subscribing Member

Best of Luck!!

Sooty and Joel98 like this.
  3. Bloodhound

Bloodhound MassCops Member

Oh how things have changed here.

Mcgarrett, Grant, Joel98 and 5 others like this.
  4. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

Moved out of Ask a Cop into State Police section.

tsunami likes this.
  5. 53019

53019 MassCops Member

I've never been so excited to have the chance of getting yelled at in my life.

6. AB7

AB7 MassCops Member

Any current troopers or DIs here? o_O

7. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

Well, since you asked...

RodneyFarva, Boss103, CCCSD and 4 others like this.
  8. USM C-2

USM C-2 MassCops Member

Whooo, man.

You may want to do some further research and reconsider your social media presence. Up to you.

9. GoArmy14

GoArmy14 MassCops Member

Yikes. Future day 2 drops of America

10. MiamiVice

MiamiVice MassCops Member

Day 2, that's generous. These kids have never been told no, and all gotten trophy. Will the DI's send them a snap or a DM if they're supposed to do something??? Asking for a friend.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

NegroRotary, Joel98, CCCSD and 2 others like this.
  11. macops104

macops104 MassCops Member

Don’t have any just this mass cops which was intended to just socialize with the rest of the candidates

12. pd12cl

pd12cl MassCops Member

Good luck on a Day 1 with that attitude. I mean the fact you started another thread on the 85RTT when there is already one going shows you have difficulty paying attention to detail.

visible25, Tuna, Joel98 and 2 others like this.
  13. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Semper Occultus

These guys are my potential class mates for the 85th? Oh boy.

Joel98 likes this.
  14. MiamiVice

MiamiVice MassCops Member

Because I have 20 years on, I've earned the fucking right to comment on some smartass kids post.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Drebbin, visible25, Tuna and 8 others like this.
  15. Danusmc0321

Danusmc0321 MassCops Member

Your no better Snowman. If you guys/girls think that a fake profile is goin to save you, “if” your slected and “if” this class even goes, you are sorely mistaken. They figure out who you are very quickly. You haven’t earned shit, especially HAVING AN MSP PATCH as a profile pic, you don’t rate it. The fact your talking shit on top of that, like age and experience are something to laugh at, I hope you never make it in, we don’t need asshats like you. Here’s a little clue for you since I might be one of your DI’s, and have been a DI before, get the hell off this site and start running. If you think a 9 min pace on a treadmill is “doing good” your in for a rude surprise. You want to ask questions to other candidates, fine but there is supposed to be an unknown factor that no one is going to tell you about and you have to figure out for yourselves.

visible25, pahapoika, Joel98 and 8 others like this.
  16. 53019

53019 MassCops Member

I have a few family members in the MSP and while they're kind of distant to begin with they feed me absolute shit on what to expect too haha. What you said is very true, at the end of the day all we can do right now is just focus on OURSELVES and getting ourselves in the best mental and physical place possible going in.. Anything else is just noise.

MrCapias and macops104 like this.
  17. pd12cl

pd12cl MassCops Member

But they’re just trying to use technology to their advantage.....
    For a guy who has family in the MSP you are beyond clueless. Asking questions about a 1.5 mile run and wondering if your pace is good enough? Not trying to be a dick but you and Macops are beyond screwed. And MACOPS if your already in an academy or been to one you should have a clue on what to expect at the state academy. Hopefully from now and start date (if your lucky enough to make it) you figure it out.

Joel98 likes this.
  18. 53019

53019 MassCops Member

Alright bud, I'll just focus on myself. Thank you

19. j809

j809 Subscribing Member

9 min mile?!! LMFAO!! When I went to Weymouth academy I knew they run a lot and i trained for over a year. I ran 5 days a week, some days up to 8 miles. In the academy I ran in the evenings after getting out. I was much older than the other recruits but I did my 1.5 mile run in 10:30. Nowadays, forget it !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pahapoika, CCCSD, Goose and 1 other person like this.
  20. 38bigblock

38bigblock MassCops Member

I bet the numbers would be much higher if the academy pay was regular pay without incentives. That factor alone is more difficult to come to terms with then doing the academy again.

Joel98 likes this.
  21. 53019

53019 MassCops Member

Got my mile down to 7:20 in 2 weeks of running everyday, just needed to fix my form and cadence.

Thanks for the motivation!

macops104 and j809 like this.
  22. pd12cl

pd12cl MassCops Member

Thank god! Everyone was waiting in suspense for an update!

MiamiVice and 38bigblock like this.
  23. 53019

53019 MassCops Member

No... I'm just letting you know since you wanted to try and make someone feel inadequate. Try again, I'd appreciate it in fact.

24. j809

j809 Subscribing Member

One of my buddies is starting the process for the 85th. Anyone have any idea on a tentative start date?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Semper Occultus

According to JimBrown AKA RogerGoodwin, the start date is going to be sometime in September and he was told this by a DI that’s in the academy right now... allegedly. Here’s his post where he said it:
    https://www.masscops.com/threads/84th-rtt-thread-all-posts.218233/page-12
    I was told by some one else reliable that it would be some time in the summer. July or August if I remember correctly.

Joel98 and j809 like this.