84th RTT Thread ALL POSTS | Page 7 | MassCops

84th RTT Thread ALL POSTS

Discussion in 'State Police' started by Goose, Aug 14, 2017.

1. USAF3424

USAF3424 MassCops Member

Think the rule stinks as well but what can you guys do? Its been that way since what, 2013?

As a cop with two full sleeves I will say this. I cannot recall one encounter where it has affected anything negatively, whether it be a citizen on the street or a suffolk superior judge.

TheSnowman likes this.
  2. Mjmorgante

Mjmorgante MassCops Member

How were you able to subdue suspects with all the tattoos getting in your way? Isn’t it harder to remember the law with all those pictures distracting you? How often do you use drugs as a tattoo user?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. ccsd12

ccsd12 New Member

You could make the same whiny case about haircuts. They deem it to look unprofessional, and I tend to agree. Most of the military doesn’t allow sleeve/neck tattoos either. It’s been the rule since 2013 and the test was over a year ago so you’ve had plenty of time to remove it. Why even take the exam if you know you don’t qualify?

4. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Semper Occultus

You know what? I've been so distracted by the tattoo policy that I didn't even get the chance to take a look at their joke of a PT test. Run 1.5 miles in 12:38 or better. They can't be serious. I do that as warmup before I go for my regular 6miles and do it under 10:30. Who the hel do they have showing up to these PT tests that the time to complete it needs to be so long?

5. Mjmorgante

Mjmorgante MassCops Member

You’d be surprised. I normally run mine in the low 10’s, but when it’s 19 degrees and your outside running it you might be surprised at what your time is. Academy wants you at 3-5 miles 8-8:30 per mile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. TheSnowman

19 degrees sounds like the best time to go running. Your body doesn't hurt because its practically numb and a little frost in the lungs is good for you.

Mjmorgante likes this.
  7. Rogergoodwin

Rogergoodwin MassCops Member

You did it. Everyone on the internet is impressed.

8. TheSnowman

Thanks. Impressing people who I don’t know on the internet is what I live for.

9. GoArmy14

GoArmy14 MassCops Member

Please tell me you’re just trolling. For the love of God tell me that wasn’t serious.

Rogergoodwin and Kenny like this.
  10. Rogergoodwin

Rogergoodwin MassCops Member

Because if people are offered a municipal job that has no tattoo policy, why remove them?
    Plus the tattoo policy doesn't disqualify them if they have tattoos on the test date, just as long as theyre gone before the first day of the academy. A lot of guys just wait to see if they'll get a card first.

11. TheSnowman

Anyone know what the “local board number” is and how you find it? I’m guessing it’s related to the selective service number which I found already. The blank line to fill it in on the application is right underneath the selective service number if you don’t know what I’m talking about.

12. keaghan7

keaghan7 New Member

You won’t have a local board number unless you have been drafted.

TheSnowman and Kenny like this.
  13. MrCapias

MrCapias MassCops Member

My investigator from the 83rd said we didn’t need it.

TheSnowman likes this.
  14. TheSnowman

Did you ever leave an adress or phone number line blank for a co-worker, roommate or supervisor? For my supervisors especially, I don’t know where any of them lived. Wondering if you had this issue as well.

15. Thaleoking

Thaleoking MassCops Member

P.T list is out and If my count is correct there are only 745 names on it. Possible that lower scores might get added, if the starting pool of candidates is less then what they would like to start with.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  16. TheSnowman

Well March is upon us and pretty soon we’ll be participating in the selection process. However, I do wonder if funding for this class might get yanked because of the scandals going on right now...

17. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

I doubt it. They'll need fresh bodies.

18. Rufus Teague

Rufus Teague MassCops Member

Anyone know the odds of a possible 2nd class from this list or do you guys think it will expire in 2019?

19. Kenny

Kenny MassCops Member

If you're participating in the selection process it might be smart to refrain from commenting on anything involving the MSP, or even posting on here at all. Not a dig, just my two cents.

20. NEPS

NEPS 75th N.H.P.A.

Kenny is quite right here. I would go a few steps further: (1) Carefully cleanse your social media account of any kind of nonsense that MIGHT indicate bias against gender, race, religion, ethnicity, nationality, poor people, criminals, etc. as well as anything that has to do with weapons or killing or violence or your version of how tough cops should be, and (2) unfriend all of your "friends" who might have these kinds of posts, and then (3) suspend your accounts so nothing is added. If asked about this during a background investigation, say that you would much rather be an MSP trooper than you would be a regular poster on Facebook and you simply did not want to take any chances with qualifying for MSP.

Time and time the news stories show that Facebook and the like present an excellent opportunity for you to create a semi-permanent and easily accessible record (that stretches from teens to the present day) of every stupid or drunken thing that you have considered saying or picture you have considered posing in or taking, as well as a forum for your "friends" to add similarly imprudent comments. From this record people who are not your real friends are free to pluck out of context your most ill-considered statements and pictures and craft for their own purposes an unflattering narrative about you as a violent, prejudiced, alcoholic, sexist, etc..., and reckless lunatic who is not worthy of the public trust, especially not a trust involving the authority to arrest others and carry a firearm while doing it.

TheSnowman, Kenny and MrCapias like this.
  21. Afc34545

Afc34545 New Member

I know this was asked before, but there are military make up exams still upcoming. Are we SOL for this class?
    Thanks

22. Kenny

Kenny MassCops Member

Not for the class they're processing currently.

23. Kenny

Kenny MassCops Member

Heard from a pretty reliable source today that funding for 84th has been pulled for the time being.

Ybear689 likes this.
  24. CCCSD

CCCSD MassCops Member

No funds due to settling lawsuits???

25. Kenny

Kenny MassCops Member

Not my place to speculate on that lol :rolleyes: