84th RTT Thread ALL POSTS | Page 11 | MassCops

84th RTT Thread ALL POSTS

Discussion in 'State Police' started by Goose, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Danusmc0321

Danusmc0321 MassCops Member

Your not seeing everything, It’s in msprules and regs, you can’t get tattoos showing in the summer uniform after your on either. The guys that were grandfathered in, they took pics and documented the stuff that they had so I don’t even think you can add to existing. I’m pre tattoo policy, but I can’t get a tattoo showing. That all could could change with a penstroke, since people aren’t showing up and numbers are down.

2. Mjmorgante

Mjmorgante MassCops Member

Yea I figured, it was a semantical argument, for some reason I wasn’t put on the list although I had a pretty high score.. so is life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. MrCapias

MrCapias MassCops Member

There is no room for debate. There are troopers on the job that were hired before the policy was instituted who can keep their tattoos. Anyone who gets appointed to an Academy class after must comply with the policy from Day 1 until they retire (unless the policy changes). If you’re going into the 84th, make sure your tats are squared away

4. Mjmorgante

No I was selected for the 83rd, but tore my bicep and labrum in my shoulder prior to the start. Tried to medically defer to the 84th, but apparently botched the process as they sent me a letter stating I voluntarilly resigned from selection after missing the uniform fitting, although I was in contact with HR about medically deferment process. So I guess I can see both sides of that argument as it wasn't approved yet. Most likely the reason I was left off the new list. That's my assumption anyway.

5. MiamiVice

MiamiVice MassCops Member

I heard that something like 45 people did a no show for orientation.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

6. cal1nu

cal1nu MassCops Member

I heard the 84th starts on 1/22/19. Did they start earlier than planned?

7. MrCapias

MrCapias MassCops Member

Starts 1/21/2019. They have already lost a bunch, the count on deck going in is somewhere between 210 and 215

8. j809

j809 Subscribing Member

Count on deck, LMFAO. Is it on the USS ALCOCK

38bigblock likes this.
  9. MiamiVice

MiamiVice MassCops Member

A few real jems in the crowd, you guys will find them.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

10. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Semper Occultus

Have fun with that snow storm 84th rtt.

pahapoika, MrCapias and Bloodhound like this.
  11. MrCapias

MrCapias MassCops Member

Good luck to everyone going in tomorrow! Hurry up, trainee, hurry up!

12. Mjmorgante

Couldn’t dream of a worse day to be lined up outside the academy. Good luck to those who showed up!

pahapoika and TheSnowman like this.
  13. JimBrown

JimBrown MassCops Member

Hopefully a recruit sneaked in a cell phone to keep us updated

MrCapias likes this.
  14. TheSnowman

I wonder what the day 1 no show count was? There has to be at least a couple.

15. Mjmorgante

No leaked pictures of day 1 yet?

16. TheSnowman

17. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

MSP FaceBook

18. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

Thanks for the link .

Lots of "happy campers" :D

visible25 and HistoryHound like this.
  19. visible25

visible25 Supporting Member

Be cool if they posted a photo of the parking lot of Day 1 and Day 5 like they did with the last RTT

20. unexpo

unexpo MassCops Member

visible25 likes this.
  21. Sooty

Sooty Administrator

23 weeks??? :eek:

22. TheSnowman

Looks like the approximate count on deck is 180 from 204 initially for anyone that’s interested. MSP sneakily added that piece of intel on their twitter account. 24 drops in three weeks. I’m guessing this is common at their academy?
    Twitter

23. Bloodhound

Bloodhound MassCops Member

That's actually pretty good. The 82nd went from 220 to 175 or so by the end of week 2.

24. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

That shits WEAK. Averaging 8 drops a week? Kinder, gentler MSP because nobody is showing up?? I have to text some people about this...

Also... out of curiosity... has the DT training gone to more ground fighting yet? I know of a young fella that took a class recently that may have involved some grappling that may be assigned to the SPA...

Also, what kind of world is this where there’s a class every year? Did I warp like “Man in the High Castle” to an alternate reality? These kids have it easy... Nobody’s gonna know the struggle of being atop a list and not having it used for 5 fuckin’ years because of an anti-cop shitstain at the helm of the state... builds character, you know.

GARDA, pahapoika, USAF3424 and 3 others like this.
  25. TheSnowman

Nobody is showing up and troopers are retiring at an exponential rate from what I can gather. So my guess is they’re short on bodies which is why the training might be a little gentler these days.

A reliable little birdie told me that something would be getting started for the 85th rtt as soon as July. Can’t remember if they said it was the vetting process or the actual academy. I’m very interested to find out what the turnout for that initial run is going to be like. For the 84th the numbers were pretty bad so I don’t see the turnout for the 85th being much better.