84th RTT Thread ALL POSTS | Page 10 | MassCops

84th RTT Thread ALL POSTS

Discussion in 'State Police' started by Goose, Aug 14, 2017.

1. MSPField

MSPField MassCops Member

Minimum of 160, most likely to increase as a number of troops expected to retire at the end of the year is ballooning up. With typical drop out rate of 25-30% expect more than 200 to be called up. Nothing like January in New Braintree to separate the men/women from the boys/girls.

TheSnowman likes this.
  2. POG

POG MassCops Member

Might be a dumb question but if you just took a military make up exam and you’re just getting your score back this month and it’s in the high 90s, will the MSP even consider you for this RTT? I know they started the selection process in janurary but I’m curious if anyone has any good data on that.

3. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Semper Occultus

At this point, highly unlikely. In order for that to happen they would need a lot of people on the stand by list to drop out and even then if that were to occur it still might not happen. As the all knowing oracle has just said the amount of personnel that are leaving by the end of the year are ballooning up. So they are going to want to put on another class as soon as possible so that they can get people trained and on the road. Calling a whole other batch of people from the non-standby list would mean that they would need to do the initial run qualifications, psych evaluations, medical reviews, and the background investigations all over again for the new group. This would stall the academy start date further and in the mean time they would continue to lose personnel.

4. unexpo

unexpo MassCops Member

Did anyone ever figure out how many letters they initially sent out to get the class they wanted (235 candidates to start the academy) for the 84th RTT? Seems like 1200 is pretty low for that class size

5. TheSnowman

From what the DI’s had said at the initial run, yes about 1200 was the number of letters that were initially sent out. Yes the number seems small but the reason is because at the time they sent out those letters they were expecting to graduate a class of 100. This number has obviously changed since then.

6. Jwing26

Jwing26 MassCops Member

Are you thinking they will run an 85th Rtt off of this same list ?

7. 11bravoarmy

11bravoarmy MassCops Member

Not to completely highjack this thread - but did you take the military make up on 10/5 and got your scores back? I took it and haven’t heard anything yet...

8. POG

POG MassCops Member

HRD said sometime in November they will most likely get scores back for the 10/5 test.

11bravoarmy likes this.
  9. TheSnowman

Did anyone end up going to that voluntary physical fitness assessment up in New Braintree last week?

10. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

Where is Cowboy when you need him ? He had all the stats for wash out rates !

Sooty likes this.
  11. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

MSPField’s is usually a bit more accurate than mine.

I truthfully haven’t paid any attention to the last couple classes to do any of the math. Happens when you throw in the towel...

pahapoika, Sooty and RodneyFarva like this.
  12. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

What's up you old sod ? :cool: Yeah, don't pay much attention these days either. but the RTT posts are always good for entertainment.

13. MSPField

MSPField MassCops Member

Drop out rate is typically in the low 30's. There will be approximately 250 people shivering out in New Braintree mid-January. We should have 160'ish for the June graduation.

14. POG

POG MassCops Member

Any speculation on an 85th? I wonder if this academy will fill all the empty boots that the dept has.

15. unexpo

unexpo MassCops Member

16. Bloodhound

Bloodhound MassCops Member

That's almost as bad as the reserve academy drop out rate.

17. TheSnowman

Letters have been sent out.
    I read this article back when it had first come out and before I had read it I thought they were just bleeding personnel but after I had read this it made it seem like they are not just bleeding but hemorrhaging personnel.
    “The department is trying to both expand its operations and rein in overtime costs.”
    Talk about being stuck between a rock and hard place.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    MSPField likes this.
  18. Jwing26

Jwing26 MassCops Member

I would imagine that due to being significantly short staffed, even after the 84Rtt that they will HAVE to run an 85th. Also the list will still be active for another two years after these guys graduate. Plenty of time for an 85th.

19. Ricop

Ricop MassCops Member

I am having trouble finding heather grey clothing. Has anyone found a brand or site that has heather grey?
    Google amazon eBay no luck
    Just variations like athletic heather or charcoal heather grey

20. Bloodhound

Bloodhound MassCops Member

And that's all you're going to find. The athletic heather is acceptable.

TheSnowman likes this.
  21. TheSnowman

If you end up having trouble finding something on the list remember to utilize the mentor they assigned you. They should’ve already contacted you and if anyone is going to know how to find that stuff it’s them.

22. MrCapias

MrCapias MassCops Member

Target is your best bet. Might have to visit multiple stores, but they have most of the heather gray stuff

23. Mjmorgante

Mjmorgante MassCops Member

So unless I’m mistaken. As it reads, the tattoo policy only applies to candidates for appointment and not to graduates? There doesn’t appear to be any mention of maintaining no visible tattoos after the candidate graduates. The CBA doesn’t appear to mention it either.. to be fair I only skimmed the CBA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. MrCapias

MrCapias MassCops Member

It’s in the department policy. Guys have shown up for day one having had the tattooed parts of their triceps literally carved out surgically to meet the rule

25. Mjmorgante

Mjmorgante MassCops Member

I know I splitting hairs, however, the policy 10.1.10 states candidates seeking appointment. It does not say personnel. It would at least leave room for debate as far as verbiage goes. Going on my 11th year in the military, regulations cannot infer, suggest, hint, etc. It has to explicit state the expectations of their personnel. So I get it, to seek appointment you have to look one way which would suggest you must maintain that appearance. The policy just appears to target would be applicants and candidates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk