Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

141 - 160 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
That was a pretty drastic cut down in estimated class size! Let's hope it's on the top end for everyone's sake
If the top number which appears to be 175 is what they go with. . . Any idea on how many will get called in on the 1st day and how many will be placed on "HURRY UP AND WAIT" status

·
G-Rap made me do it!
2,729 Posts
If the top number which appears to be 175 is what they go with. . . Any idea on how many will get called in on the 1st day and how many will be placed on "HURRY UP AND WAIT" status
Probably something they will elaborate on at orientation

·
Lemme take a selfie
5,841 Posts
If memory serves... based on historical stats of day 1 no-shows, drop outs, following Monday no shows etc... I'm thinking it'll be between 200-210.

Spare parts of about 30, just in case.

A lot of variables in place, and my numbers could be far off, but it's from memory from past classes.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If memory serves... based on historical stats of day 1 no-shows, drop outs, following Monday no shows etc... I'm thinking it'll be between 200-210.

Spare parts of about 30, just in case.

A lot of variables in place, and my numbers could be far off, but it's from memory from past classes.
If the current estimated size I s 100-175, I would think that's the number they want going in, no? Or do you think they meant that they want to graduate that many (based on the release from 6/19)

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
If the current estimated size I s 100-175, I would think that's the number they want going in, no? Or do you think they meant that they want to graduate that many (based on the release from 6/19)
It would be the amount they want graduating. The 82nd had 220 slots for day 1, graduated around 160 if I recall.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It would be the amount they want graduating. The 82nd had 220 slots for day 1, graduated around 160 if I recall.
So if 175 is the top number . . .then 175 will show up on the 1st day? With a standby count of about 50 or so to backfill depending on how quickly people drop out along with the few who just won't show up?

·
Registered
533 Posts
I'm hearing no backfills, start with enough on day 1 to graduate the 120 or so they want. I'm not msp but I work closely with a few from a few units. This is what they talk about at lunch. No clue how solid this is.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm hearing no backfills, start with enough on day 1 to graduate the 120 or so they want. I'm not msp but I work closely with a few from a few units. This is what they talk about at lunch. No clue how solid this is.

No backfills meaning what? No substitutes for early washouts?

·
Registered
66 Posts

^this

·
Registered
27 Posts
Website updated again. As of right now, as long as the Governor signs the budget (he has 10 days to do so), anyone still on the eligible list with a 97.75 or higher will receive an appointment letter for the 83rd RTT 83rd RTT. Best of luck to everyone else who's been waiting as long as I have for this opportunity

·
G-Rap made me do it!
2,729 Posts
Close but no cigar this time, good friends made it though. Good luck all

·
Registered
4 Posts
In the opinion of current or former officers that have gone through the MSP academy or similar academies, what were the toughest parts of the experience?

I ask because the MSP Academy command staff has done an excellent job of portraying the experience as hellish. And I have no doubt it is brutal. I would like to know specifically what people have found to be the most difficult parts of the experience. - Thanks

141 - 160 of 252 Posts