83rd RTT Thread | Page 5 | MassCops

83rd RTT Thread

Discussion in 'State Police' started by Goose, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Rogergoodwin

Rogergoodwin MassCops Member

I've got 2 kids and a mortgage, but given the opportunity I'd easily take the pay cut. Take out a loan if you have too. I can't imagine turning down the msp for only 75k. Most people just use the $ issue as an excuse

2. Bloodhound

Bloodhound MassCops Member

Sorry kids.

Backlash as Gov. Baker cuts $98M from state budget

Gov. Charlie Baker today slashed $98 million in spending to help balance the state's porous budget, his office said, slicing from 140 state agencies in a move that is immediately drawing rebukes from legislative leaders.

The cuts, which Baker can do without legislative approval, actually add up to more than $118 million, before revenues offset them, according to the administration, and are intended to fill a $98 million budget shortfall

Backlash as Gov. Baker cuts $98M from state budget

"while State Police had $6.4 million in cuts."

3. HuskyH-2

HuskyH-2 G-Rap made me do it!

Does that essentially kill the 83RTT. MSPField?

4. MA12Local

MA12Local MassCops Member

Funding for the 83rd was not in this year's budget. The class was contingent upon funding in next fiscal year's (FY18) budget. The 6.4 million was cut from the MSP operating budget for this current fiscal year. Maybe it takes a bite out of the Standards and Training dollars currently being used to vet candidates, but this doesn't kill the 83rd for FY18 (yet anyway)...

HuskyH-2 likes this.
  5. visible25

visible25 MassCops Member

Based on the upcoming CS test and push from all agencies for that, it seems as though it still might take some time for a class to officially start

6. Rogergoodwin

Rogergoodwin MassCops Member

The test is always held every 2 years.

7. Bloodhound

Not for State Police. They skipped the last one.

mtc, MSPField, felony and 1 other person like this.
  8. MSPField

MSPField MassCops Member

Excuse the slow reply. MA12Local is right, the 83rd isn't in this fiscal year budget so the class is still being eyeballed for summer 17. The vetting is still ongoing. The budget cuts hit us in other areas.

MA12Local and visible25 like this.
  9. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Geez, they keep you janitors really busy up there...

mtc, Goose and MSPField like this.
  10. MSPField

MSPField MassCops Member

The Governor filed House 1. 83rd funded for 130. Of course it still must pass several hurdles, stay tuned.

HuskyH-2, MrCapias, mtc and 1 other person like this.
  11. unexpo

unexpo MassCops Member

What crossfit gym are you going to that costs $200 for 6 classes? Every one I've been to has been $140/month +/- for unlimited class sessions

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  12. j809

j809 Subscribing Member

Crossfit is so stupid and a waste of money. Just do push-ups, sit-ups and run like crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

felony, Herrdoktor and pahapoika like this.
  13. MrCapias

MrCapias MassCops Member

At what stage do the actual background investigations begin now that it seems to be a go? I'm pretty high on the list.

Also, I'm told that prior to start of the academy they will give you a list of items/supplies you will need. Very important question here - do they dictate the type of underwear you have to use? I'm a huge fan of my boxer briefs and if I have to get used to running in tighty whities, I want to get a head start on it

14. TRN

TRN MassCops Member

Looks like you just barely missed the cut. Better luck next time.

15. MrCapias

MrCapias MassCops Member

Mind elaborating a bit?

16. Crazy Otto

Crazy Otto Working for the clampdown

Go commando. Problem solved.

17. MrCapias

MrCapias MassCops Member

Update to my own question: Background investigators are just starting to be assigned to files this week, phone calls for medical appointments/meetings with investigators going out soon. Good luck all.

18. Bloodhound

For some reason I will answer your weird question. Yes you are instructed on what underwear you will wear. However running (at least during PT) you wear compression shorts under your PT gear (shorts or sweatpants).

19. GoArmy14

GoArmy14 MassCops Member

I think it's awesome that he's already worried about his packing list...

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  20. MA12Local

MA12Local MassCops Member

Few things... Only some people get a packing list, so hopefully you're one of the lucky ones. Second, sometimes, the underwear is worn on your head, so try a few runs out like that to get used to it. Lastly, DEFINITELY post your status updates here to keep us posted. Good luck!

visible25, Goose, Bloodhound and 2 others like this.
  21. kdk240

kdk240 MassCops Member

I wouldnt worry about the gear list so.much. If you can't find the exact items on the list just try and get a close substitute it will be fine. Now listen closely, here's the catch to make it kosher, When your d.i. who will obviously see you had a little trouble with their list and will be quite concerned about you and comes to gently express their concern for you, all you have to do is just politely tell them your all set bc you got all your instructions in advance from masscops. believe me You'll be gtg.:)

MrCapias likes this.
  22. visible25

Want to slip my application in there? :rolleyes:

TRN, mtc and pahapoika like this.
  23. grapple42

grapple42 New Member

Is anyone able to shed any light on what the background investigation meeting/interview looks like? I'm just trying to get a feel for what to expect.

24. visible25

Good enough for me!

25. GoArmy14

GoArmy14 MassCops Member

It looks like an interview...expect that and you cant go wrong. Well, maybe you could.