Status
Not open for further replies.
401 - 420 of 420 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
856 Posts
Re: 79th

Mikey682 said:
I give up....good luck when the DI's start rattling off masscops screenames. I told you so.
LOL, you would figure that people that got the letters would know better.
If I had gotten one -- which would be impossible at this junction in my life since I am waiting patiently for a test to happen -- I would avoid this website until I graduated, as if it had a killer disease. That and I would be home in bed by 11pm every night (unless I worked the graveyard shift) to avoid any and all possible trouble.

·
Undefined
2,255 Posts

Mikey682
vbmenu_register("postmenu_86340", true);
MassCops Captain

Hey Mikey, is that your cruiser!??! Looks nice.

·
Registered
29 Posts

TopCop24 said:
I got some decent news...standby if I want to be. Mixed emotions on my end. Still invited to attend orientation on the 25th. Congrats to all the original guys in, and hopefully I'll see some of you on the 10th.
TopCop, what did you get on the test?

·
Subscribing Member
456 Posts

IceBreaker said:
Anyone reply to HR yet? I called twice but have only gotten voicemail. Has anyone talked to a person?
For all those who need to confirm their status with HR, make sure you talk to a person. Don't leave your fate in the hands of a voice mail. The best time to reach HR is between 0800-0930 and then 1300-1500. When you go to orientation-suit and tie. Do not be late, pay attention to all that is said there and do some serious soul searching. If you are taking the job for financial reasons, because you think being a cop is cool, job security or peer pressure, don't bother coming to the SPA. You will not make it. From what I understand, the Trainee program will not be changed, just fine tuned. Heed the warnings on this board. This is not for everyone. Don't waste a slot someone else could have if you do not have the deepest commitment. For those who do, be prepared for the hardest 25 weeks of your life. I know some of you have prior military and feel that it is the same, but there is a difference. When most of you were in the military, you did not have a mortgage, wife, kids, car payment and other bills. Most of you were 17 or 18 yrs old and your bodies were able to better withstand the abuse of PT. You also could not just quit the military as you can the SPA. Keep running, saving green and REMAIN ANONYMOUS. To all those who got in congrats , good luck and STAND BY!

·
Registered
7 Posts

Suit and tie is a definite for Orientation, and don't be looking for the "light refreshments". I remember week one, the DIs were picking kids out that showed up at Orientation wearing untucked golf shirts, shorts and sneakers.
It's been said a thousand times on this site, but it's worth repeating, the SPA will be the worst six months of your life, and break-in is no picnic either. Even come weeks 22-25, being in New Braintree Monday through Friday sucks. Prepare your loved ones for the worse and don't ever think about quitting. Remember, 20,000 people took this test and if you're standing tall on Day One, that's a pretty good accomplishment. However, being there Day One and crossing the Parade Deck at the DCU (or Mullins Center) are a long ways away.

·
Undefined
2,255 Posts

bhapdkgn said:
being there Day One and crossing the Parade Deck at the DCU (or Mullins Center) are a long ways away.
Just ask the 82 people from the 78th that were in your shoes on day one. They too thought they were all set. Take the advice of the people on this site....run, save and prepare your loved ones (if you have them....mom don't count). As bad as anyone has told you it will be, multiply by 10!
Man do I miss it (sarcasm).

·
Smurf theft victim
600 Posts

Rock said:
Just ask the 82 people from the 78th that were in your shoes on day one. They too thought they were all set. Take the advice of the people on this site....run, save and prepare your loved ones (if you have them....mom don't count). As bad as anyone has told you it will be, multiply by 10!
Man do I miss it (sarcasm).
Thanks Rock... Some of us only have mom as a loved one

·
Zombie Hunter
4,815 Posts

Remember, just getting to Day 1 entitles you to nothing but a CHANCE.....don't throw away your winning lottery ticket!

401 - 420 of 420 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.