Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 420 Posts

·
Lemme take a selfie
5,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I remember correctly, the OLD forum had stated that the last day to turn in the 79th RTT applications was today... Anyone with a 96 here that can verify that?

Checking out those pictures on the MSP website... them boys looking awfully sweaty!!

·
Subscribing Member
1,170 Posts
Re: 79th

In addition to the above, any more info/rumors on an 80th class off this test? Also, what is the latest count on deck?

·
Registered
154 Posts

Pvt. Cowboy said:
If I remember correctly, the OLD forum had stated that the last day to turn in the 79th RTT applications was today... Anyone with a 96 here that can verify that?

Checking out those pictures on the MSP website... them boys looking awfully sweaty!!
Yup. Today was the deadline.

·
Lemme take a selfie
5,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

92's???? :crazy: They still haven't gotten to the 95's!!!
I believe the count is holding strong at 174 still, according to the MSP website...

I'm hoping that since today was the deadline... they didn't get enough replies... kinda like last time...

·
Subscribing Member
284 Posts

I was only joking...however, my wife is in the process...she got a 97 or a 96 and has deffered two times already. This time, I told her "Woman! You get your butt to the academy, cause I need a vacation!" So, we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts

Good for her...that she's still in the process...it's hard as hell to defer or even pull out...I had to withdraw from CSP....it was so hard to do. :(

·
Lemme take a selfie
5,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Anyone know how many people replied for the 79th? Or will we have to wait untill the interviews start?

·
Zombie Hunter
4,815 Posts

Be advised, potential 79th-ers, that the start date has been tentatively set for Feb 9th, so pack your long underwear! Also, if you have continued to defer, I don't know if the MSP is going to do any more classes off the current list, so this may be your last chance....

·
Registered
154 Posts

Any ideas what and when is the next part of the process after turning in that application? How long until we get contacted? Thanks!

·
Lemme take a selfie
5,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

MSP website updated the "become a trooper" section today... I started to get a chubby but then realized all they did was add directions to GHQ and the academy... :hump:

Why would they add directions in THAT section of the website? If someone can't find GHQ, open a map up, or use mapquest.com etc., then... NO SOUP FOR YOU!! DQ!!

·
Registered
11 Posts

I got a 96 and my letter today:grin: , the run is on 09/10/2005 at the academy. It also gives dates for the obstacle course/interview, psyche, and medical exam. It is all over by mid October. Good luck to anyone else in the process

·
Registered
154 Posts

Yup, I'll see ya on the tenth. So it looks like they split up the run and the obstacle courses. I have my interview/obstacle and my medical scheduled for the same day! The Int./obs. is at 8am at the academy and the medical is at 11am in Chelsea Oct 4th. Looks like I better make a call.
Good luck to everyone.

G

·

Hello all potential 79th candidates... Congratulations to all who are being considered for the job, be thankful its once in a lifetime opportunity. I do have a question that I hope one of you can answer. On the letter it never gives a time that the 1 1/2 mile run has to be competed in. If you have any idea please post.. Good luck to all on the 10th.

·
Registered
127 Posts

I think the run is supposed to be as quickly as possible. ](*,)

Just because there is a time limit doesn't mean you have to use all the time alotted. Back to your question, I think it is somewhere in the 11:00 minutes range for 20-29 year olds, not sure though.

I am sure somewhere in the process they must look at how fast you ran the 1.5 mile and I am sure the quicker the better.

Good Luck in the process!

·
Working in the land of misfit toys
1,986 Posts

Ithink you have to do the mile and a half in under 12:20 for males 20-29. I will be there the 10th also...anyone insterested in carpooling from the merrimack valley area??? I'm also thinking about just getting a hotel room somewhere around there the night before.

·
Registered
43 Posts

Don't worry cowboy, you are not alone. I scored a 95 as well. I just took a position within my company that puts me in North Carolina. The MSP would have been the only thing that kept me here but I doubt thats going to happen. Maybe North Carolina State Police someday! It will be nice to not have to shovel snow anymore and the cost of living is half of what it costs to live here so maybe not getting into MSP is a blessing in disguise. Good luck to all in the 79th and the future RTT classes. They may take one more class off this list but I doubt it.

Manny

·
Registered
125 Posts

mannysaba said:
Don't worry cowboy, you are not alone. I scored a 95 as well. I just took a position within my company that puts me in North Carolina. The MSP would have been the only thing that kept me here but I doubt thats going to happen. Maybe North Carolina State Police someday! It will be nice to not have to shovel snow anymore and the cost of living is half of what it costs to live here so maybe not getting into MSP is a blessing in disguise. Good luck to all in the 79th and the future RTT classes. They may take one more class off this list but I doubt it.

Manny
I agree, I scored a 95 as well and having been waiting since 02 for a letter. However, I did a lot in those few years, got a C.J. degree, picked up 2 yrs Campus Police experience, Loss Prevention, EMT Cert. etc. . .Im 23 now and since im not a Vet, getting on in my local city is next to impossible, so MSP would have been my only shot. I could have got into the DOC but corrections is not my thing. The only thing that will help you land a job in MA is going into the military and becoming a Vet. If I was a Vet, then I would have already been called for MSP because I would of had a 97. Im not joining the military just to get Vets preference.

Cowboy, it seems like your putting all your hope into one agency. Im currently in the process with Phoenix Police Dept. They are a great agency with lots of action and many opportunities for advancement. There are many other great departments out there if your willing to relocate. So maybe not getting called for MSP was for a reason like Manny stated. Keep your options open and you will land a career becoming a police officer.

Mike

1 - 20 of 420 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.