Status
Not open for further replies.
161 - 180 of 222 Posts

·
Undefined
2,255 Posts
female p.o. said:
Were you in the class?
Yes. NEVER happened. I can't make that any more clear. Did you read my last post? I knew that chicken s*** before the academy and he lied to make himself look better. I have no respect for him. If he had to leave then fine, move on for your own reasons. I can respect that. I'm not one of those people that will say someone who quits is a coward or weak. You have to do what's right for you. But don't rip or bad mouth something that other people are committed to just to make yourself look better. Toilet thing....well, yes but not like the herald or everyone else is hearing and that's all I'll say. It has been sensationalized. One man (and only one man) made a mistake and it has been dealt with. Are you really getting on your soapbox about something you heard from someone else!?!?! You are a waste of time and energy because you don't have the first clue what you're talking about. Pathetic.

·
Subscribing Member
856 Posts
Ok, I feel as if I need to put in my :2c: here. I could have sworn that the topic for this thread was "79th Dropout Count - GO!", not "lets bitch piss and moan about what might or might not have happened". If it did then it did, move on -- it's in the past. If it didn't and someone is just stirring the pot, then why in the name of hell are ya'll getting your panties in a bunch over nothing. Let them say what they want. Those who feel as if they need to make excuses because they couldn't hack it -- well honestly let them. Those who made it, YOU wear the badge, YOU were able to put up w/ it for the full 25 weeks -- let them say what they have to so they feel better. YOU went through the academy and made it, so you know exactly what happens at the academy so dont let ignorant people get to you.

There, I've said my piece. If you feel the need to trash me then go right ahead.

·
Zombie Hunter
4,815 Posts
If you defer, than that is your own decision, which I completely understand. My beef is with those that get in... can't hack it, defer... get in AGAIN... can't hack it... just drives me nuts. It should be ruled, unless you leave the SPA due to injury, death in the family etc... something along those lines... then you are shit outta luck. As long as I'm reading all this correctly, people that have entered the academy can defer within the first week if they don't feel like they can cut it... right? I have a big problem with that...
This is covered in the MSP academy review...its some interesting reading..not only does it praise the merits of stress training, it compliments many of the instructors at the academy for going above a beyond the call of duty, and criticizing (rightly) the recruiting process. These are things many in the department have wished to change for years.

In some cases, there is a middle road between resignation and dismissal when recruits are deferred from the ongoing class and provided the opportunity to attend a later class. This is an effective and necessary procedure to accommodate unforeseen illness, injury or other circumstances when, through no fault of the candidate, he or she is unable to participate in the training troop at that time. However, testimony received by the Commission indicates that in some cases this procedure is used by the Department to defer a difficult decision regarding an individual prior to the beginning of a class. This procedure can also be abused by the candidate. Virtually all of the recruits who receive deferments from the class request them in the first days. Records indicate that on their reappointment to a subsequent class, they either resign or request an additional deferment from that class. Deferments also create an unnecessary burden on Departmental resources as deferred individuals take seats from candidates who are better able to succeed at the Academy.

·
Lemme take a selfie
5,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
I actually read a good portion of the review, particularly the section that you have in bold, after I had posted my little blurb. If even this review board feels that the deferment process for those that have entered the academy is a bit... absurd... Do you really think that theyll change the process?

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Good point, Killjoy...I have a classmate who made it through our class with stress fractures of both her "tib's"...I made it through with severe knee pain...I did my mile and a half in about 8:30 minutes, and I was 30 yoa. At about 35 yoa, I made it through the obstacle course in under three minutes (severely under...it was 2 something).

I am not an athlete...I do not enjoy PT: to me it is a necessary evil. I was able to cope with the PT, as well as the 'punishment PT' handed out by the drill instructors. The base line is, those who want it succeed...those who don't, QUIT.

·
Registered
884 Posts
kmf294 said:
Well bro I am sitting on a 96 and have deferred twice now. Barring any serious changes in my department and status in it my spot is all yours. I only took the test because it was better than what I was doing at the time and am now quite happy in my local department. Only reason I deferred was to keep my optionns open. Good luck and God bless!
Wow, that is almost my exact story, but with a 98. Two more open spots, looks good for the 95's. We lost two to the state from my department from the last class and if they put on another class we will lose one more. Shit, now I'm guilty of getting off topic.

·
Lemme take a selfie
5,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
Q5-TPR said:
I too was injured in the 77th RTT. I had too go. But you know what, when, by the grace of God, I was given a second chance, I grabbed hold, and took the ride. I was BROKE by the end of the SPA and was borrowing $$$ to get by, but you know what, I wanted it! No excuses! No interviews with that POS rag that is called a news paper! Yes, I recieved that loving, extra special attention for being a re-tred, but, it is all about how bad you want it. I took more than some (special thanks BigIrish for getting me out of the spot light, I owe you a beer). My point Blondie is this, for whatever reason you didn't go back, don't piss on our program. Anything really worth having should be earned, period. I guess you just didn't want it that bad.
Okay so I totally respect what you just said Q5. You got injured, had to bail... you went back with a vengeance... and kicked ass... and now you have tin in your wallet to show for it. Injuries happen... I understand that. You didn't drop because you couldn't hack the PT or someone made you cry. Deferments like this I agree with, but those that quit because they don't want it bad enough...

I believe it was Killjoy that once posted, "There is not a test that the MSP can give that can test how much HEART someone has to endure this... "

·
Smurf theft victim
600 Posts
The shitty underwear thing was what I was saying happened. It happened to me as well as most everyone else. "

Most everyone else? Didn't happen to me.

·
Subscribing Member
456 Posts

·
MassCops Member
95 Posts
Rock said:
Yes. NEVER happened. I can't make that any more clear. Did you read my last post? I knew that chicken s*** before the academy and he lied to make himself look better. I have no respect for him. If he had to leave then fine, move on for your own reasons. I can respect that. I'm not one of those people that will say someone who quits is a coward or weak. You have to do what's right for you. But don't rip or bad mouth something that other people are committed to just to make yourself look better. Toilet thing....well, yes but not like the herald or everyone else is hearing and that's all I'll say. It has been sensationalized. One man (and only one man) made a mistake and it has been dealt with. Are you really getting on your soapbox about something you heard from someone else!?!?! You are a waste of time and energy because you don't have the first clue what you're talking about. Pathetic.
Hey Troop, Relax...Why are you so angry? Your a Trooper, be glad you made it. What do you care whether the guy quit or not? I am saying what I heard and there are other people it happened to. I'm bored with this now......Go back to writing tickets...Have a good one!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ok lets see - 148 left at the end of week 1 - 19 backfills come in on Monday = 167.
As of Tuesday count is 157 - so another 10 down?

·
Subscribing Member
856 Posts
gosox said:
Ok lets see - 148 left at the end of week 1 - 19 backfills come in on Monday = 167.
As of Tuesday count is 157 - so another 10 down?
and that is only from tuesday -- by tomorrow we should know what the count on deck is after week 2

·
Subscribing Member
456 Posts
Killjoy said:
I had read the Station Cmdrs. meeting notes for Mar. and it stated that the 79th RTT would be backfilled for up to two weeks. Has that changed? Just curious.

161 - 180 of 222 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.