79th Dropout Count - GO! | Page 9 | MassCops

79th Dropout Count - GO!

Discussion in 'State Police' started by Pvt. Cowboy, Apr 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikey682

Mikey682 Subscribing Member

No, they play catch up, just like the back fills from the 78th RTT. They do the same amount of work and cram it all in until they are up to speed with everyone else.

2. Killjoy

Killjoy Zombie Hunter

Backfills aside, if you are in line for an upcoming class, try to clear up old cases before you come to the academy, missing even one day of training in the round robin is a bitch to make up; EVOC and firearms run a very tight schedule and it really puts the recruit behind the eight-ball. Besides its not like a day in court is a vacation; it's straight to court and straight back...the DI's will find out if you decide to take a "detour".

3. tazoez

tazoez Subscribing Member

ok hypothetical situation here. Say that I had court for most of the day and I missed lunch. Would the DI's consider it a "detour" if I went through a drive-thru on the way back to get something to eat ( keeping in mind that I have Hypoglycemia ). Just curious.

4. Killjoy

Killjoy Zombie Hunter

No more then if you had to stop for gas on the way back. Just don't stop for a 3 hour lunch at the Capitol Grille and throw a few cold beers down your suck along with your steak!

5. Lincksy

Lincksy New Member

Just want to wish the 79th the best of luck. I was in the SSPO#17 that graduated there last month. I miss all that running back and fourth, ya right. Good luck 79th

6. Dane

Dane Subscribing Member

Ah yes, another wake up call for the motoring public. Gotta love break-in.

7. sammy269

sammy269 MassCops Member

Trainee Smith - " Wow, graduation is tomorrow night. I can't wait to find out where I am being transferred to. I hope its Milton or Norwell since I live in Quincy.
    Colonel on night of graduation - Trooper Smith SP Lee.
    Trooper Smith - Where the **ck is Lee? Anybody ever heard of Lee? I wanted Milton or Quincy.
    Trooper Jones - Its West, hit the pike and go West for about 2 hrs, you'll find it.

LOL. I remember those days. 22 weeks of pure hell. Being petrified on Monday morning of hitting Rte 9 and those damn radio towers. Roger Ford, may he Rest in Peace, scared the hell outta me. 25 yrs later, its the best damn job in the world.
    Best of luck to the 79th.

8. O-302

O-302 New Member

9. dcs2244

dcs2244 Moderator Staff Member

The Pershing Rifles...NOT!

10. capesgt

capesgt MassCops Member

Roger Ford (may God rest his soul) - anyone who went thru the sp academy when he was there will NEVER forget him. No one loved the MSP any more than Tpr Ford.
    (yes, I know I am dating myself - but he was a Trooper as a DI when I went thru)

Congrat's to the trainees who will be troopers. The motoring public is awaiting you.

11. CampusOfficer

CampusOfficer Subscribing Member

I was just looking at the number on deck from the msp website. I noticed it is currently at 149. I thought last week it was at 150 (I could be wrong though. I have been wrong once before). Anyone know anything? Just curious.

12. dcs2244

Somebody left at the start of the month...I was surprised to see it too...

13. tazoez

So, anyone else think that the recruits are getting antsy....

2 more days to go.....

14. 209

209 MassCops Member

Hopefully nobody gets too antsy and does anything dumb to get booted just before graduation....Its going to suck to be the john Q public for the next few months...

15. MM1799

MM1799 Subscribing Member

I reckon they've been antsy about friday since the day they took the exam, or at least found out they were being given the opportunity to become Troopers.

16. 209

209 MassCops Member

Good luck to them and congrats...they deserve it! Yeah about finding B1 how about B4, or SP Russell :shock: ...now that barracks is in the sticks. It sucks big time for new Troopers up here at B4 from central and eastern Mass until they get issued Troop cars....and state gas. I heard they start Monday 9/25.

17. SinePari

SinePari Needs more complaints

Jaws will be hitting the keyboard, when they get home this weekend and Mapquest Cheshire :mrgreen: .

18. tazoez

Thats why -- God willing -- if I get the opportunity to get on MSP I will love it. Lived in the state of western mass all my life.

19. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Is that even in Massachusetts??

20. SinePari

SinePari Needs more complaints

It is an annex of New York...they let us patrol there, but you get paid by NYSP :mrgreen:

21. dcs2244

"Eastern New York", Delta! We have more representation in Albany than we do in Boston!:D

22. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Yes, but do you get to wear those darling purple ties and hat bands?? :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.