Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
141 - 160 of 222 Posts

·
Zombie Hunter
4,815 Posts
In some cases, there is a middle road between resignation and dismissal when recruits are deferred from the ongoing class and provided the opportunity to attend a later class. This is an effective and necessary procedure to accommodate unforeseen illness, injury or other circumstances when, through no fault of the candidate, he or she is unable to participate in the training troop at that time. However, testimony received by the Commission indicates that in some cases this procedure is used by the Department to defer a difficult decision regarding an individual prior to the beginning of a class. This procedure can also be abused by the candidate. Virtually all of the recruits who receive deferments from the class request them in the first days. Records indicate that on their reappointment to a subsequent class, they either resign or request an additional deferment from that class. Deferments also create an unnecessary burden on Departmental resources as deferred individuals take seats from candidates who are better able to succeed at the Academy.
From page 16 of the MSP Academy Commision Report...this didn't make it into the Herald.

·
Drunk Bastard
452 Posts
Blondie said:
Well I have been an Instructor in a couple of Military schools that I know at least few Troopers had been to in their Military time and will gladly boast that they graduated and tell you it was the best training they ever had but it is definitely military training and not paramilitary police training so the focus and goals are different but training principles and standards are not.[/QUOTE]

Too bad all those schools you taught at never taught you what a "run on" sentence is.

As well that you quit, No ADA would have been able to read your BS.

Did you really pass the psych? I won't tell...

·
MassCops Member
95 Posts
MC1010 said:
You are absolutely right, it has nothing to do about being a good Trooper and thats because IT NEVER HAPPENED!!!!!! Your so called friend is a liar and had to think up a good story to make himself look better than a QUITTER!!!! I WAS THERE, IT NEVER HAPPENED!!!!!!!:fire:
That's weird...I know alot more people in that class that tell me it was true...HMMMM....

·
MassCops Member
95 Posts
What do you care whether this particular person left or not? You were there, I am assuming you are a new Trooper...I don't understand why you are so angry....Move on...

G

·
PT and stretching are training. BS indicates something that wasn't training and totally unnecessary.

The shitty underwear thing was what I was saying happened. It happened to me as well as most everyone else. Shitty being a term meaning stained and sweaty. I never saw the toilet thing so can't say whether it did or did not happen. So I'd say wiping is more important than flushing. :wacko: This isn't SERE school and it doesn't require that kind of training. I'm a firm believer in the quote "the more you sweat in peace the less you bleed in war".

Sorry I haven't taken the time to check grammar and spelling as I have already wasted too much time on this. It apears to be falling on deaf ears anyways.
Thanks for the optounity to share this with you. You will come to your own conclusions as to what happened.

·
MassCops Member
81 Posts
Blondie said:
The shitty underwear thing was what I was saying happened. It happened to me as well as most everyone else. Shitty being a term meaning stained and sweaty. .
So are you trying to say that YOU were also made to soiled underwear on your head???? Bcause if thats the case, then you need to write novels too. No one was ever made to put soiled underware on their heads, PERIOD!! But on the other hand, if you are trying to say that you had to wear your own sweaty, soild underware, due to time constraints and hurricane happening, then that is a whole DIFFERENT thing!!! That would be due to bad sanitary habbits and bad time management on your part. That is not the DI's faults.

·
Needs more complaints
4,309 Posts
Blondie said:
Excuse opinions everybodies got them whatever! Try 9months with not working and tell me you could support a family on the stipend. I had banked savings for the 1st 6months with stipend but it had to last me 9 months without a stipend and it all gone now. No disability or unemployment from MSP or previous job since I had resigned so tough luck to me. I accepted that when I left and went to the SPA and knew the risks sometimes it doesn't work out if it had come along 5 months earlier but after a second mortgae to pay bills there are no resources left.
You think you're the only one who had financial stress while at the SPA? You took the test and there was plenty of time to prepare...unless you didn't think you were gonna make it.

You drop names like SERE and RTLW as if you're the only one who has BTDT. Well, there are a few people here who have walked many a mile in those boots, and probably have more time under a canopy than you have in the military.

There are those who finished the SPA with broken bones, debt up to their eyeballs, divorces, deaths, marriages, births, and every other human event known to mankind. Just man-up, accept defeat and stop criticizing something you wanted be part of but couldn't.

·
2,297 Posts
Blondie said:
The shitty underwear thing was what I was saying happened. It happened to me as well as most everyone else.
Weird. I have talked to a bunch of people from that class and they all say that is BS.

I think they are telling the truth and it is you that is a liar.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
female p.o. said:
Were you in the class?
Were you?

If the "undies" thing is true, it sounds like a law suit to me! Tell your friends to file the suit...let's put them on record at their depositions...

Funny how all the quitters are supporting one another. But then, "birds of a feather..."

Just admit it...you and your friends just didn't have the "sand" to make it. I reckon you folks will just have to "turn to" on your Detex clock...

·
Registered
370 Posts
dcs2244 said:
Funny how all the quitters are supporting one another. But then, "birds of a feather..."
You raise a good point. These stories are only told by the ones who didn't graduate for one reason or another. I never hear about them from those that made it and are working the street. Believe me, I ask. I'm always up for a good boot camp story, from anywhere.

One can argue... those that made it keep the secret and are just happy to be on the job, but over the years I have spoken to numerous troopers on the QT and never heard one story like this.

We've all had our gear/property dumped and thrown around. If I picked up someone else's clothing and put it on, it was my fault.

That's one of the reasons why we had to write our names on all our gear/clothing "In large black capitol letters."

·
Lemme take a selfie
5,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #157 ·
We still haven't heard the "BS" excuse for leaving the academy... I'm pretty curious now... maybe it's because I'm a 95 and say my prayers every night (and eat my vitamins, drink my milk, wash behind the ears... etc.) hoping that the 80th gets funded, and ALLLLL those that defered DO NOT enter the 80th, just to wash out...

Please... Please do tell what the "BS" was that caused you to quit. This way I can prepare better if I'm ever given the career opportunity I chose, and avoid the "BS" situation that you were put into...

·
Lemme take a selfie
5,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #160 ·
kmf294 said:
Well bro I am sitting on a 96 and have deferred twice now. Barring any serious changes in my department and status in it my spot is all yours. I only took the test because it was better than what I was doing at the time and am now quite happy in my local department. Only reason I deferred was to keep my optionns open. Good luck and God bless!
If you defer, than that is your own decision, which I completely understand. My beef is with those that get in... can't hack it, defer... get in AGAIN... can't hack it... just drives me nuts. It should be ruled, unless you leave the SPA due to injury, death in the family etc... something along those lines... then you are shit outta luck. As long as I'm reading all this correctly, people that have entered the academy can defer within the first week if they don't feel like they can cut it... right? I have a big problem with that...

141 - 160 of 222 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.