79th Dropout Count - GO! | Page 7 | MassCops

79th Dropout Count - GO!

Discussion in 'State Police' started by Pvt. Cowboy, Apr 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. female p.o.

female p.o. MassCops Member

I guess you weren't in it. I never acting as though I was......

2. SinePari

SinePari Needs more complaints

You think you're the only one who had financial stress while at the SPA? You took the test and there was plenty of time to prepare...unless you didn't think you were gonna make it.

You drop names like SERE and RTLW as if you're the only one who has BTDT. Well, there are a few people here who have walked many a mile in those boots, and probably have more time under a canopy than you have in the military.

There are those who finished the SPA with broken bones, debt up to their eyeballs, divorces, deaths, marriages, births, and every other human event known to mankind. Just man-up, accept defeat and stop criticizing something you wanted be part of but couldn't.

3. bbelichick

bbelichick Moderator Staff Member

Weird. I have talked to a bunch of people from that class and they all say that is BS.

I think they are telling the truth and it is you that is a liar.

4. Tango

Tango Subscribing Member

Hate to CHANGE the subject but anyone know the count on deck after the rotten weekend.

5. dcs2244

dcs2244 Moderator Staff Member

Were you?

If the "undies" thing is true, it sounds like a law suit to me! Tell your friends to file the suit...let's put them on record at their depositions...

Funny how all the quitters are supporting one another. But then, "birds of a feather..."

Just admit it...you and your friends just didn't have the "sand" to make it. I reckon you folks will just have to "turn to" on your Detex clock...

6. Clouseau

Clouseau New Member

You raise a good point. These stories are only told by the ones who didn't graduate for one reason or another. I never hear about them from those that made it and are working the street. Believe me, I ask. I'm always up for a good boot camp story, from anywhere.

One can argue... those that made it keep the secret and are just happy to be on the job, but over the years I have spoken to numerous troopers on the QT and never heard one story like this.

We've all had our gear/property dumped and thrown around. If I picked up someone else's clothing and put it on, it was my fault.

That's one of the reasons why we had to write our names on all our gear/clothing "In large black capitol letters."

7. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

We still haven't heard the "BS" excuse for leaving the academy... I'm pretty curious now... maybe it's because I'm a 95 and say my prayers every night (and eat my vitamins, drink my milk, wash behind the ears... etc.) hoping that the 80th gets funded, and ALLLLL those that defered DO NOT enter the 80th, just to wash out...

Please... Please do tell what the "BS" was that caused you to quit. This way I can prepare better if I'm ever given the career opportunity I chose, and avoid the "BS" situation that you were put into...

8. Clouseau

Clouseau New Member

Oops, capital. That edit key dissapears too early.

9. Robert35

Robert35 Subscribing Member

Just look at the wall of shame hats don't lie. 29 on the first week of Pictures. 4 no shows.

10. Pvt. Cowboy

If you defer, than that is your own decision, which I completely understand. My beef is with those that get in... can't hack it, defer... get in AGAIN... can't hack it... just drives me nuts. It should be ruled, unless you leave the SPA due to injury, death in the family etc... something along those lines... then you are shit outta luck. As long as I'm reading all this correctly, people that have entered the academy can defer within the first week if they don't feel like they can cut it... right? I have a big problem with that...

11. Rock

Rock Undefined

Yes. NEVER happened. I can't make that any more clear. Did you read my last post? I knew that chicken s*** before the academy and he lied to make himself look better. I have no respect for him. If he had to leave then fine, move on for your own reasons. I can respect that. I'm not one of those people that will say someone who quits is a coward or weak. You have to do what's right for you. But don't rip or bad mouth something that other people are committed to just to make yourself look better. Toilet thing....well, yes but not like the herald or everyone else is hearing and that's all I'll say. It has been sensationalized. One man (and only one man) made a mistake and it has been dealt with. Are you really getting on your soapbox about something you heard from someone else!?!?! You are a waste of time and energy because you don't have the first clue what you're talking about. Pathetic.

12. tazoez

tazoez Subscribing Member

Ok, I feel as if I need to put in my :2c: here. I could have sworn that the topic for this thread was "79th Dropout Count - GO!", not "lets bitch piss and moan about what might or might not have happened". If it did then it did, move on -- it's in the past. If it didn't and someone is just stirring the pot, then why in the name of hell are ya'll getting your panties in a bunch over nothing. Let them say what they want. Those who feel as if they need to make excuses because they couldn't hack it -- well honestly let them. Those who made it, YOU wear the badge, YOU were able to put up w/ it for the full 25 weeks -- let them say what they have to so they feel better. YOU went through the academy and made it, so you know exactly what happens at the academy so dont let ignorant people get to you.

There, I've said my piece. If you feel the need to trash me then go right ahead.

13. Killjoy

Killjoy Zombie Hunter

This is covered in the MSP academy review...its some interesting reading..not only does it praise the merits of stress training, it compliments many of the instructors at the academy for going above a beyond the call of duty, and criticizing (rightly) the recruiting process. These are things many in the department have wished to change for years.

14. Pvt. Cowboy

I actually read a good portion of the review, particularly the section that you have in bold, after I had posted my little blurb. If even this review board feels that the deferment process for those that have entered the academy is a bit... absurd... Do you really think that theyll change the process?

15. dcs2244

dcs2244 Moderator Staff Member

Good point, Killjoy...I have a classmate who made it through our class with stress fractures of both her "tib's"...I made it through with severe knee pain...I did my mile and a half in about 8:30 minutes, and I was 30 yoa. At about 35 yoa, I made it through the obstacle course in under three minutes (severely under...it was 2 something).

I am not an athlete...I do not enjoy PT: to me it is a necessary evil. I was able to cope with the PT, as well as the 'punishment PT' handed out by the drill instructors. The base line is, those who want it succeed...those who don't, QUIT.

16. MVS

MVS Chapter 90 Enforcer

OK.... get back on topic. What's the count at?

17. MARINECOP

MARINECOP MassCops Member

Wow, that is almost my exact story, but with a 98. Two more open spots, looks good for the 95's. We lost two to the state from my department from the last class and if they put on another class we will lose one more. Shit, now I'm guilty of getting off topic.

18. Pvt. Cowboy

Okay so I totally respect what you just said Q5. You got injured, had to bail... you went back with a vengeance... and kicked ass... and now you have tin in your wallet to show for it. Injuries happen... I understand that. You didn't drop because you couldn't hack the PT or someone made you cry. Deferments like this I agree with, but those that quit because they don't want it bad enough...

I believe it was Killjoy that once posted, "There is not a test that the MSP can give that can test how much HEART someone has to endure this... "

19. 78thrifleman

78thrifleman Smurf theft victim

The shitty underwear thing was what I was saying happened. It happened to me as well as most everyone else. "

Most everyone else? Didn't happen to me.

20. MVS

MVS Chapter 90 Enforcer

21. nirtallica

nirtallica Subscribing Member

COUNT ON DECK 157 as of Tuesday

22. female p.o.

female p.o. MassCops Member

Hey Troop, Relax...Why are you so angry? Your a Trooper, be glad you made it. What do you care whether the guy quit or not? I am saying what I heard and there are other people it happened to. I'm bored with this now......Go back to writing tickets...Have a good one!

23. gosox

gosox New Member

Ok lets see - 148 left at the end of week 1 - 19 backfills come in on Monday = 167.
    As of Tuesday count is 157 - so another 10 down?

24. tazoez

tazoez Subscribing Member

and that is only from tuesday -- by tomorrow we should know what the count on deck is after week 2

25. no$.10

no$.10 Drunk Bastard

And you can go back to bagging fries. I'll take the biggie sized, please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.