79th Dropout Count - GO! | Page 5 | MassCops

79th Dropout Count - GO!

Discussion in 'State Police' started by Pvt. Cowboy, Apr 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dfc2502

dfc2502 MassCops Member

the count on deck stands at 148
    Week one has come and gone. It sucked didn't it. Stay home you don't need this, we will survive without you!

seriously, it's ok - stay home

2. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

The count started at 185 right?

That's gotta be a week one record!! 37 hats up on the "Wall of Shame" already...

3. Mitpo62

Mitpo62 Subscribing Member

Heck, I had to have a colonoscopy while in the academy and didn't quit! NEVER GIVE UP! :doctor:

4. John J

John J Subscribing Member

Jesus Christ!! I heard rumors of Hazing but don't you think thats a bit extreme? :lol:

5. tazoez

tazoez Subscribing Member

Hahaha

6. Rock

Rock Undefined

Yeah, but didn't you ask for that?

7. bbelichick

bbelichick Moderator Staff Member

Wow, I thought that To-Froms and PT were a pain.

What the hell did you do, scratch the Commandant's cruiser?

8. Irish Wampanoag

Irish Wampanoag Subscribing Member

Yeppy 37 failed let see who else can fail crossing my finger be cause people failing means so much and gives me entertainment I so desperately need! NOT!

9. no$.10

no$.10 Drunk Bastard

Re: 79th Dropout Count - GO! Attention on Deck!

Look here's the bottom line (at least as I see it):

No matter how much it sucks, they can't hit you. At all. Ever. So what if those DI's are calling you names? Do you think the drunks you lock up are going to be polite and courteous to you? Do you really want to go home and tell all your friends and family that after months of training (I should hope) and YEARS of planning, that you just wimped out? Some of you went to college for four goddamn years to major in criminal justice, and now you are going to quit because someone yelled at you? They don't do that on CSI Miami? Or are you quitting because you don't like running. That's BS. If you have that little respect for yourself, then quit. Who cares? maybe you can be a local somewhere and tell the same story about your two weeks in the SPA for the rest of your life.

Pride=hang tough

No pride=quit

Best of luck.
    :FT:

10. tomcats

tomcats MassCops Member

What's wrong with being a local? Are you saying troopers are that much tougher than locals. Not true although you may thinks so. I agreed with everything you were saying until the part about being a local.Doesn't matter what kind of unform you're wearing when you go up against a scumbag. I've never a scumbag yet who decided not to roll just because a guy had a state trooper uniform on. I had people quit in my academy also and thought "Why the hell did you bother going through all the B.S. of getting on the job just to quit after a week.

11. bbelichick

Nothing at all.

The local departments I have dealt with are some of the most dedicated, hardest working best Police Officers you could ask for...my home city Police in particular.

12. Barbrady

Barbrady MassCops Member

Lol.

13. no$.10

no$.10 Drunk Bastard

No, I am not saying that at all. My remarks were more intended for those who are now struggling in the MSP academy, that's all. If they made it that far, they probably could (if they haven't already) obtain a position within a local department. There are how many thousands of local officers in MA? I don't know, but there are 2,600 Troopers, and right now they are supposed to be focusing on what they want, which I assume is to be a Trooper. Please do not turn this thread into the old us vs. them arguement, That is not what I intended, and I apologize if you were offended. Lets get on with it.

:beer:
    Exactly, so you know what I meant.=D>

14. tomcats

tomcats MassCops Member

I think we're on the same page brother. My honest opinion is there should never be an "us vs. them" attitude. I'm happy to work with anyone who is squared away. I couldn't care less what badge they're wearing. State trooper, local or whatever else we can think of. My opinion is we're all on the same team and the less "us vs them" crap the better off we all are.

15. bbelichick

Locals, State, Federal, Campus.

Sheriffs...no.

16. tomcats

tomcats MassCops Member

Roger That !!!

17. female p.o.

female p.o. MassCops Member

Ok I'm gonna throw in my 2 cents....A friend of mine quit( last class) because the D.I's were telling him to put on someone else's shitty drawers....Now I don't see the need to put on someone else's crappy underwear! What the hell does that have to do with being a good Trooper? It's a matter of hygeine, Who knows what you could catch! That's nasty! :up:

18. tomcats

tomcats MassCops Member

Nasty!! But still no reason to quit. Gonna deal with alot of nasty shitty pants people over a career. Granted I aint going to try on their underwear. I think the guy who owned the crappy undies might want to pack it in though. If he's shittin himself already whats he going to do when some real stress rears its head on the street.

19. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Nothing.

20. Clouseau

Clouseau New Member

What if you and your FTO are taken hostage and ordered to swap clothing? Can't be too prepared. :shifty:

Seriously though, don't believe everything you hear. It's nice to use something like this as an excuse after quitting. It sounds better than the old "It wasn't for me" and tends to gain more support for the quitter.

I don't believe it, but if this did happen, I'm sure it was an isolated incident and corrected.

21. Blondie

Blondie Guest

I can guarantee it wasn't an isolated incident and that it did happen. I was in the 78th and got hurt because of some of the BS. I could have gone back for the 79th but financially I couldn't though I definitely wanted to. Its a lot of suck and it was expected but there is definitely a lot of BS that doesn't add to the high stress training and I've been to alot schools that have drop out rates that are even higher. The DIs are lacking IMO get some more mature and senior troopers as DIs and it may or may not solve the problem but you definitely can't justify some of the BS that goes on.
    Bottom line they definitely need more structure and leadership running the SPA but the program produces Troopers who are prepared for whatever will present itself in a long career. So while changes should be made you cannot make it easier if you want to produce quality proffesionals who will get the job done.

22. no$.10

no$.10 Drunk Bastard

So true. Falls under the same category as all of the OUI arrests who were "on medication for asthma". It simply wasn't their fault, you see. They are a victim of circumstances.

Excuses are like a$$holes, everybody has one.

And they are all BORING.:sl:

23. no$.10

no$.10 Drunk Bastard

For journalism, presumably.

I may have appreciated your opinion if I could have understood it.

More excuses:musicboo:

24. dcs2244

dcs2244 Moderator Staff Member

Let the weeping and "gnashing of teeth" begin..."I coulda/woulda/shoulda been a trooper BUT...":musicboo:

25. billy108b

billy108b New Member

Sounds like some your making excuses. The old finance excuse. You were good to start the 78th and got hurt. You didn't want to go back because you couldn't hang PERIOD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.