79th Dropout Count - GO! | Page 4 | MassCops

79th Dropout Count - GO!

Discussion in 'State Police' started by Pvt. Cowboy, Apr 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. extraining guy

extraining guy MassCops Member

Good Luck, stay focused, study hard, and hang in there all members of the MSP RTT 79. You got there and you can finish. Take it one day at a time. Week one's already over.

2. regnar1194

regnar1194 MassCops Member

Oh she got the attention alright, I heard she got a medical deferrment, which can be the only explanation as to her getting into the 79th, again though what a waste of resources to not even show up, shows little respect for the process and little respect for the other person who might have taken that slot.

3. bbelichick

bbelichick Moderator Staff Member

Uhhh...Bid for shift?

And it DOES mean a transfer sometimes, believe it or not.

4. mannysaba

mannysaba New Member

$35,000 down south will go alot farther than the $48,000 up north. I don't care how much overtime you get. I moved to NC in Sept. In MA, my wife and I had a combined income of over 100,000 and it was still difficult. I paid 178,00 for a house that would cost well over 450,000 in MA. Auto Insur. is over 1000 less and hey NO SNOW.

5. dsm290

dsm290 New Member

When I said my buddy Tried it out, I may have used the wrong word. You guys are a bunch of whiny little brats, your all pissed off cause you didn't make it, oh f***ing well, get over it. Ever since I put that post in, I see people posting crap about him, badgering him for at least trying something that didn't work out. He's a good guy. He has his reasons for dropping out, that I'm sure none of you people would even care about. Your all concerned about how many people dropped out of the MSPA, what, do you think the MSP are gonna call you and ask you to come down and take that person's slot, get over yourselves. The MSPA is a tough academy, NOT everyone that gets to go is going to complete it, so does that make those people a loser? At least they got a chance to experience it. If you have'nt been through the MSPA, or at least gone through the first week, you have no say whatsoever. You have opinions, understandable, but doesn't give you the green light to just hammer anyone that doesn't make it through. GROW UP!!!

Please excuse my rant to those respectable members that didn't get wrapped up with this BS.

6. bbelichick

bbelichick Moderator Staff Member

I say your friend is a bag.

"The MSPA is a tough academy, NOT everyone that gets to go is going to complete it, so does that make those people a loser? At least they got a chance to experience it. "

Unreal.

7. lofu

lofu Subscribing Member

8. luckyj191

luckyj191 New Member

what time are these guys usually allowed to leave on fri afternoons?? this week has been the longest week ever, and i'm not even THERE haha

9. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Are you serious guy? "At least they got the chance to experience it." How about the fact that within the first few days, your "buddy" washed out, and prevented another qualified applicant from attending and achieving a career goal. Yes, they will call certain people to backfill, so I'm sure there are people on this board who are waiting for the phone call to take your buddies spot. I'm not going to be an ass and name-call your friend, but what did he expect walking into this? The state police have been under heavy fire by the media for having an extremely difficult academy, so unless he's been under a rock or not paying attention to current events...

So what were his reasons for dropping out?

10. potatochip

potatochip New Member

I'm sensing some hostility here. OK, I didn't mean to single your friend out specifically because I know there will be about 60-80 others who follow him home in shame. I will hate them all equally if that makes you feel any better.

I'm not a whiner and I'm not pissed that I didn't "make it." I free admit that I envy all of those who were in New Braintree on April 3rd. What does piss me off is that without fail, there will be more-or-less a third of the class that just walks away. And I'm not talking about those with legitimate reasons (injuries, family). But only two days in I seriously doubt that your friend got hurt or developed some new family/financial emergency that forced him to leave. So basically that just leaves that it was too hard. So, I'm sorry if I seem like an ass, but your non-chalant "he gave it a try" attitude just irks me the wrong way.

11. frapmpd24

frapmpd24 Senior Member

The best thing you can do is show support, have some patience, and keep things positive, and give some encouragement.

12. nirtallica

nirtallica Subscribing Member

This by far is the hardest part if he made through week one- going back. Do whatever it takes to get his butt to the car come Monday. It is so easy to just not go back. Tonight, let him relax, unwind and listen to all the stories he has to tell you. The weekend will fly. He will be excited to be home on Friday, shellshocked and busy on Saturday and sooooo depressed on Sunday. This will be the drill for the next 24 weeks. Make sure he understands that this is the oppurtunity of a lifetime! It is only six months. The six months will fly by. Good luck and hang tough.:t:

13. SinePari

SinePari Needs more complaints

I hope your definition of "encouragement" is the same as mine :hump:

14. graveyardsleeper

graveyardsleeper New Member

Will they backfill next week also?

15. Killjoy

Killjoy Zombie Hunter

Hey, relax, this job isn't for everyone...better now so at least they can backfill, rather than week 2 when they stop backfilling.

16. tazoez

tazoez Subscribing Member

Count on Deck according to website -- 148

17. caesar

caesar MassCops Member

37 dropped this week. 19 backfills on Monday

18. tazoez

tazoez Subscribing Member

WOW!!!! thats all they are back filling???????? :shock:

19. nirtallica

nirtallica Subscribing Member

The class will be backfilled for up to two weeks.

20. extraining guy

extraining guy MassCops Member

Remember The only easy day was yesterday and you don't have to like it you just got to do it. Good luck in week 2. And to the backfills welcome to week 1.
    78th MPOC 4/8/85-6/28/85 Framingham "Like a Health Spa"

21. Rock

Rock Undefined

"Fly by" for who? :---)

22. Robert35

Robert35 Subscribing Member

ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE. GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE CADETS..

23. bhapdkgn

bhapdkgn New Member

No, you're friend is not a loser, he or she is worse, a QUITTER!! Ask them how they can look in the mirror each morning after quitting! Everyone has personal issues during the SPA including childbirths, deaths in the family, and weddings. A number of my classmates were faced with these issues during training and they never decided that the SPA, "wasn't for them".

24. copcop

copcop MassCops Member

The weeks fly by...but each day lasts an eternity....

25. SinePari

SinePari Needs more complaints

The best thing they can do now if they're reading (79th) this thread, is to make sure there is no f*cking way they're gonna RESIGN after FOUR YEARS OF WAITING. Make sure you don't have a cushy cruiser waiting for you at your old department, and you're thinking, "man, I could be sitting there relaxing making $40/hour listening to Howie Carr every day...I don't need this shit!"

If you're head is messing with you, it might be too late to convince you to stay. You might say, "well, I had to resign at my old dept, but I'm civil service and state certified, I can go back and get a job anywhere"...man, you better get that shit out of your head...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.