Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 222 Posts

·
Needs more complaints
4,309 Posts
Your buddy wasn't the first who decided it wasn't for him...and he won't be the last. You never know who's gonna make it until the end. Those you think will...won't. And those you think won't...will.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I really don't understand civil service....other states hire basd on education, experience, training and not just hey I know how to take tests really well, but when you start yelling at me I'm gonna just quit. WTF, change the whole 95 and above crap. Give points for education, experience and training as well as vet preference. I gave up on the exams years ago because I sucked at test (even tho I had a GPA of 3.5 for taking essay exams). Go south...degree + experience = job, no BS. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
150 Posts
SPO123 said:
I really don't understand civil service....other states hire basd on education, experience, training and not just hey I know how to take tests really well, but when you start yelling at me I'm gonna just quit. WTF, change the whole 95 and above crap. Give points for education, experience and training as well as vet preference. I gave up on the exams years ago because I sucked at test (even tho I had a GPA of 3.5 for taking essay exams). Go south...degree + experience = job, no BS. Just my 2 cents
:unsure: ...Yeah, you know what you're talking about...](*,)

·
Registered
56 Posts
SPO123 said:
Yeah and with the $35,000 annual salary, you might even be able to build a deck on your trailer home.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey everyone! thank for all ur answers haha... hopefully he'll be going back on monday! we got his letter today saying "all is well" lol... yeah, great... looks like i have some beer shopping to do tomorrow afternoon followed by a night of laundry lol... thanks again!

im sure ill be lurking around here to get more info as the weekend goes on...

see ya boys

jessica

G

·
In addition to the one beer, make sure he actually studies and sleeps. The smallest percentage on his GPA makes a huge difference in seniority.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I saw one person who shall remain nameless here, who started with the 77th, was late for our day 1, made it to day 3 then disappeared, saw their name on the appointment list for the 79th, then later saw the same name on the did not show up list. What a waste, two wasted spot in two separate RTT's, thats garbage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
MSP75 said:
In addition to the one beer, make sure he actually studies and sleeps. The smallest percentage on his GPA makes a huge difference in seniority.
thanks msp... i get the feeling i might be helping with the studying based on what i've heard from other people in earlier classes...

can u clarify one thing for me though (probably gonna seem like sort of a dumb question to all of you guys!)- what role does the seniority play? i THINK i heard that it can affect where he will end up after the academy, but I could be totally making that up lol... thanks again everyone!

jessica

·
Registered
48 Posts
regnar1194 said:
I saw one person who shall remain nameless here, who started with the 77th, was late for our day 1, made it to day 3 then disappeared, saw their name on the appointment list for the 79th, then later saw the same name on the did not show up list. What a waste, two wasted spot in two separate RTT's, thats garbage.
Aren't they using the same list for the 79th as they used for 77th? If so then how does he/she drop from the 77th and be allowed to go with the 79th? I guess my question is if someone drops (not deferred or dropped by someone else); they are actually allowed to jump ahead of others waiting in line who havent gotten a chance? Unless he/she left because of a serious personal or medical reason then that's a pretty rough deal for everyone else.

·
Smurf theft victim
600 Posts
luckyj191 said:
thanks msp... i get the feeling i might be helping with the studying based on what i've heard from other people in earlier classes...

can u clarify one thing for me though (probably gonna seem like sort of a dumb question to all of you guys!)- what role does the seniority play? i THINK i heard that it can affect where he will end up after the academy, but I could be totally making that up lol... thanks again everyone!

jessica
Seniority means nothing for the first 5 years... not for where you are assigned, what cruiser you get, nothing.

·
1,334 Posts
regnar1194 said:
Late for Day 1???? 8-O That is bound to get you some unwanted attention. And to waste everyones time, go through the hiring process again, and not show up? What a tool.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Good Luck, stay focused, study hard, and hang in there all members of the MSP RTT 79. You got there and you can finish. Take it one day at a time. Week one's already over.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Oh she got the attention alright, I heard she got a medical deferrment, which can be the only explanation as to her getting into the 79th, again though what a waste of resources to not even show up, shows little respect for the process and little respect for the other person who might have taken that slot.

·
2,297 Posts
78thrifleman said:
Seniority means nothing for the first 5 years... not for where you are assigned, what cruiser you get, nothing.
Uhhh...Bid for shift?

And it DOES mean a transfer sometimes, believe it or not.

·
Registered
43 Posts
TPRSERG said:
Yeah and with the $35,000 annual salary, you might even be able to build a deck on your trailer home.
$35,000 down south will go alot farther than the $48,000 up north. I don't care how much overtime you get. I moved to NC in Sept. In MA, my wife and I had a combined income of over 100,000 and it was still difficult. I paid 178,00 for a house that would cost well over 450,000 in MA. Auto Insur. is over 1000 less and hey NO SNOW.

·
Registered
91 Posts
When I said my buddy Tried it out, I may have used the wrong word. You guys are a bunch of whiny little brats, your all pissed off cause you didn't make it, oh f***ing well, get over it. Ever since I put that post in, I see people posting crap about him, badgering him for at least trying something that didn't work out. He's a good guy. He has his reasons for dropping out, that I'm sure none of you people would even care about. Your all concerned about how many people dropped out of the MSPA, what, do you think the MSP are gonna call you and ask you to come down and take that person's slot, get over yourselves. The MSPA is a tough academy, NOT everyone that gets to go is going to complete it, so does that make those people a loser? At least they got a chance to experience it. If you have'nt been through the MSPA, or at least gone through the first week, you have no say whatsoever. You have opinions, understandable, but doesn't give you the green light to just hammer anyone that doesn't make it through. GROW UP!!!

Please excuse my rant to those respectable members that didn't get wrapped up with this BS.

61 - 80 of 222 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.