79th Dropout Count - GO! | Page 3 | MassCops

79th Dropout Count - GO!

Discussion in 'State Police' started by Pvt. Cowboy, Apr 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bbelichick

bbelichick Moderator Staff Member

I heard 149.

2. PCI

PCI New Member

It's bad enough.... He gave it a try..... Give me a break! I will say one thing I'll give him credit for at least showing up. How about the cowards that were too scared to show up there on Monday.. If they had a legit reason, maybe they died or something along those lines, I can understand, but to not even show up thats pathetic. I hope none of them are currently in law enforcement. Oh yeah...if you can't tell I'm another one of those 95's that got screwed because someone wanted to "give it a try".

3. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

That was a great post bud... As a fellow 95'er myself... I know what ya mean. There was nothing more exciting than getting that letter in the mail in September, saying that the MSP is looking at 95's for the hiring pool. Let's hope that the 80th gets funded and they once again look towards the 95's.

4. billy108b

billy108b New Member

Maybe you should have scored higher on the test then.

5. Mikey682

Mikey682 Subscribing Member

Maybe you should GFY

6. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

:L: :L: :L: :L:

That's my boy!!!

7. bbelichick

bbelichick Moderator Staff Member

I agree with this post.

8. potatochip

potatochip New Member

I don't even think this is a good enough excuse not to show up.

9. Killjoy

Killjoy Zombie Hunter

I do have to agree that if someone doesn't even show up, its a crummy move. If these people had doubts and even called HR a week beforehand, someone else could have been moved into that slot.

10. billy108b

billy108b New Member

WAAAAAAAHHHH!

11. SinePari

SinePari Needs more complaints

Your buddy wasn't the first who decided it wasn't for him...and he won't be the last. You never know who's gonna make it until the end. Those you think will...won't. And those you think won't...will.

12. SPO123

SPO123 New Member

I really don't understand civil service....other states hire basd on education, experience, training and not just hey I know how to take tests really well, but when you start yelling at me I'm gonna just quit. WTF, change the whole 95 and above crap. Give points for education, experience and training as well as vet preference. I gave up on the exams years ago because I sucked at test (even tho I had a GPA of 3.5 for taking essay exams). Go south...degree + experience = job, no BS. Just my 2 cents

13. wryman

wryman MassCops Member

:unsure: ...Yeah, you know what you're talking about...](*,)

14. TPRSERG

TPRSERG MassCops Member

Yeah and with the $35,000 annual salary, you might even be able to build a deck on your trailer home.

15. luckyj191

luckyj191 New Member

hey everyone! thank for all ur answers haha... hopefully he'll be going back on monday! we got his letter today saying "all is well" lol... yeah, great... looks like i have some beer shopping to do tomorrow afternoon followed by a night of laundry lol... thanks again!

im sure ill be lurking around here to get more info as the weekend goes on...

see ya boys

jessica

16. MSP75

MSP75 Guest

In addition to the one beer, make sure he actually studies and sleeps. The smallest percentage on his GPA makes a huge difference in seniority.

17. regnar1194

regnar1194 MassCops Member

I saw one person who shall remain nameless here, who started with the 77th, was late for our day 1, made it to day 3 then disappeared, saw their name on the appointment list for the 79th, then later saw the same name on the did not show up list. What a waste, two wasted spot in two separate RTT's, thats garbage.

18. luckyj191

luckyj191 New Member

thanks msp... i get the feeling i might be helping with the studying based on what i've heard from other people in earlier classes...

can u clarify one thing for me though (probably gonna seem like sort of a dumb question to all of you guys!)- what role does the seniority play? i THINK i heard that it can affect where he will end up after the academy, but I could be totally making that up lol... thanks again everyone!

jessica

19. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

From The Herald

[​IMG]

A recruit in training from the Massachusetts State Police website.

20. SouthSideCobras

SouthSideCobras New Member

Trooper Nate Thomas at his very best !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. thelastsamurai

thelastsamurai MassCops Member

He's so hungry, he'll chew off that poor guy's nose. :rofl:

22. TypeX

TypeX MassCops Member

Aren't they using the same list for the 79th as they used for 77th? If so then how does he/she drop from the 77th and be allowed to go with the 79th? I guess my question is if someone drops (not deferred or dropped by someone else); they are actually allowed to jump ahead of others waiting in line who havent gotten a chance? Unless he/she left because of a serious personal or medical reason then that's a pretty rough deal for everyone else.

23. 78thrifleman

78thrifleman Smurf theft victim

Seniority means nothing for the first 5 years... not for where you are assigned, what cruiser you get, nothing.

24. lofu

lofu Subscribing Member

What time do you figure the trainees will be leaving this leaving?

25. frapmpd24

frapmpd24 Senior Member

Late for Day 1???? 8-O That is bound to get you some unwanted attention. And to waste everyones time, go through the hiring process again, and not show up? What a tool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.