79th Dropout Count - GO! | Page 2 | MassCops

79th Dropout Count - GO!

Discussion in 'State Police' started by Pvt. Cowboy, Apr 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MC1010

MC1010 MassCops Member

I was at the SPA today and the COUNT ON DECK was 161 when I left at 1530 Hrs. :p

2. regnar1194

regnar1194 MassCops Member

Almost time for bed trainee's for those who made it thus far, good job, another day done at the spa. With that I will read off a little good night poem.

The Trainee's at the Spa were all snug in their beds, with visions of piloting Cruiser 670 dancing in their heads. Their stockings and undies were rolled with the greatest of care, not knowing that the deck hurricane will soon be there!!! Good night Trainees!!!!

And good night Chesty where ever you are!!

3. j809

j809 Subscribing Member

Why do people sound so happy to hear another person fail, dropped out, kicked out, indicted, etc?

4. sempergumby

sempergumby Subscribing Member

Move up a man. Step on the weak ones back and pick up speed

5. ponyboy

ponyboy MassCops Member

I predict the final count on deck at graduation will be 123

6. Barbrady

Barbrady MassCops Member

I think I know, too. Sounds like the what or whoms reputation has remained the same.

7. sylvester

sylvester New Member

how many started the class ?

8. SinePari

SinePari Needs more complaints

Especially people who wish they were at the SPA right now. They've read threads for the last 3 classes and chime in with "only the tough survive" bullshit, yet they are NOT there.

I am only concerned about the Troopers who are standing on the parade deck at graduation, and hitting the road in 6 months. Who gives a shit about the drop outs.

9. EOD1

EOD1 Subscribing Member

After u graduate the SPA, is it a 6 month w/ an FTO or a 12 month? after u ur FTO time is that when u get ur car?

10. tarc

tarc New Member

I don't think, or at least I hope not, that people are happy about others dropping out. I think the thing that amazes most, is going through the entire hiring process, getting hired, and then quitting. Your only six months away from your career.

11. Mikey682

Mikey682 Subscribing Member

3 Months of FTO "break-in", then if you finish that then you are issued a car and are on your own. Some new Troopers are put on extended break-in if their coaches feel they need more work. Then after that they are on thier own.

12. tazoez

tazoez Subscribing Member

Not to ask a seemingly unintelligent question but -- how often does that happen and does that effect the trooper in any way, aside from longer "break-in" time?

13. luckyj191

luckyj191 New Member

hi everyone....this is my first time posting on this board, but i've been following it for a long time under my boyfriends name..... he started the academy on monday (which let me tell you... scares the shit out of ME and i'm not even going lol)

i was just wondering if anyone had any realistic input on what i should expect to hear when he comes home... just trying to get a heads up kinda....

anything you have to offer would be great (besides how much it sucks, cuz i already know that from the other posts.... thanksssss

~Jessica

14. MSP75

MSP75 Guest

Have his beer ready and do the laundry.

15. Rock

Rock Undefined

Jessica,
    Be ready for "cuddle and cry" time on Sunday night. Something happens to even the strongest people when the time to go back to the SPA creeps up.

16. MVS

MVS Chapter 90 Enforcer

Yeah, it's tough when they have OCD. :wink:

17. EOD1

EOD1 Subscribing Member

:dito: well thats just great advice in general (whether its the SPA, the reserve academy or after we change a light bulb).

18. dsm290

dsm290 New Member

Well, my buddy just called me and I guess he's out too. He tried it, but it's just not for him. At least he gave it a try.

19. bbelichick

bbelichick Moderator Staff Member

:lol:

"Gave it a try?" What, like a new flavor of ice cream?

I still remember a kid that played a sport I was coaching. Talked a lot of junk, "wasn't a quitter", etc...The kid goes through about 2 minutes of agilities the FIRST DAY of practice and says "Coach, this sport just isn't for me." Mind you, he had never played a second of the actual sport, just a minute of warmups. My response was 'What's not for you? hard work?" He just walked away.

Some people are born quitters.

Do or do not, there is no "try."

-- Yoda

20. Killjoy

Killjoy Zombie Hunter

LuckyJ,
    Just be supportive....and don't let him quit...I cannot emphasize how much all the blood, sweat and tears shed is worth it when you are standing on the parade deck six months from now. It's the greatest job in the world...don't throw it away before you really start...and help him roll his laundry on Sunday!

21. Barbrady

Barbrady MassCops Member

Right on.

22. graveyardsleeper

graveyardsleeper New Member

Whats the latest count on deck?

23. Dr.Magoo

Dr.Magoo Subscribing Member

Tried it, WTF! He should not have even gone in the first place. I'm sure that there would have been some other person who would have taken his place had he/she been given that golden opportunity. It is one thing to leave the academy due to family/personal/medical reasons, but to quit because it is not for you?

You know I tried fighting with an armed suspect on the side of the road today, it was not for me, so I quit. :G:

Sorry for the rant, I just hate to see people taking up space, when others could have done the job.

24. potatochip

potatochip New Member

I never post, just usually troll...but I have to chime in here. This absolutely infuriates me. He gave it a try? What did he think he was getting into? What a jackass. Meanwhile I (and some of my fellow co-workers) are forced to stand down and hope for the future. And before anyone starts with the "you don't know how tough it is" or "you're just jealous because you aren't there," I'll save you the trouble. Jealous? You bet your ass I am. I was one of the 81 95's that was essentially told I was in, only to get "the letter" a week later. Is it tough? Undoubtedly. Just be mentally and physically prepared, and square yourself away and you can handle it. I also know the only way that I would leave the SPA before graduation is if I died there. "Gave it a try." Give me a break. It's 6 months for the career of a lifetime.

Well, at least he quit now instead of when the shit hits the fan. As every LEO knows, the last person you want backing you up is a quitter.

25. smd6169

smd6169 Subscribing Member

I couldn't have said it any better. While I am too far down on the MSP list to make it on this time around, I am in the process with another PD and all these folks who go in with the attitude of "I'll give it a try, see what happens, what have I got to lose" are taking up spots from people like me and Chip who have prepared ourselves both physically and mentally as well as our families for the 6 moths in the academy and life thereafter.

I sure ope they backfill with those of you who were pushed aside for this bum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.