79th Dropout Count - GO! | MassCops

79th Dropout Count - GO!

Discussion in 'State Police' started by Pvt. Cowboy, Apr 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

These threads always seem to be entertaining... Anyone know what the magic number today is??

2. Gil

Gil Founder of MassCops Staff Member

I am hoping for at least 7... I have my reasons :whistle:

3. 48Weeks

48Weeks New Member

I know it's not probable, but what if no one dropped out? Would the STATE POLICE hire all of the new recruits? Do they have the budget for so many?

4. fenwayfan

fenwayfan MassCops Member

As long as DOGMA2001 is one of the ones who doesn't make it, I don't care.

5. futureMSP

futureMSP MassCops Member

I don't think you have to worry about Dogma20001 not making it; to not make it you have to actually BE there. He is not there unless the DIs are letting him go online, according to his profile he was online here 5 hours ago (1300 hrs.). He is just stirring up the pot.

Here is analogy of him and the State Police; dogma is the house near the airport the planes always fly over....MSP is the plane; damn passed over again...

People don't like what they can't have.

6. dcs2244

dcs2244 Moderator Staff Member

Dogma was unable to report for duty as he figured the scarlet letter "L" tattooed on his forehead would have given him away to the drill instructors.

See? I told you all there was a reason not to get all "tatted-up"!

7. Opie

Opie New Member

:rofl: Funny Gil! I know what or who your're talking about! Does the :ninja: know soooo many fingers are crossed?

8. Gil

Gil Founder of MassCops Staff Member

LMAO!! Yes a few have made it clear to him, We wish him the VERY best that he gets in due to the drop-out's / no shows.

As MPD said to us... GOOD LUCK!

As APD now says to MSP......GOOD LUCK!!!!

9. regnar1194

regnar1194 MassCops Member

Reveille,Reveille, Reveille, Wake up, Wake up, Wake up!!!!!!

Day two for those poor bastards, I feel for you all I really do. If I may steal a quote from a good movie "Welcome to the Suck" I am going to have another cup of coffee this morning thinking about the 79th, maybe go out and get a bear claw too. How many of them were up 15-20 minutes prior to reveille, dreading the next day. Don't worry guys and gals its another day closer to Friday, and Friday will seem like Christmas.

Best of luck to you all

10. Rock

Rock Undefined

The first wake up might be the worst day of the entire academy. That's when it REALLY sets in. Whew! Dogma, we hardly knew ya!

11. regnar1194

regnar1194 MassCops Member

Wakeup: Scrambling out their racks, DI's screaming, male recruits tucking their morning missiles in their shorts, getting outside their holes, screaming discipline 10 times or more, running back into their holes and going through the pile of clothing in their locker, finding clothing with other peoples names on it, finding the sweat encrusted blue book and tucking the crumbling remnants of it in your backside, running down to rear company street, loud mouths trainee's yelling out useless advice, getting to rear company street late, and then running back topside..... shower, rinse, repeat . How many are thinking was this trip really necessary :shock:

12. nirtallica

nirtallica Subscribing Member

COUNT ON DECK-163! 15 takers.

13. k9sheriff

k9sheriff New Member

We have two from my department, great guys,we are are pulling for them.I just saw a former officer from my department the other day picking up a safekeep.He came out of the last academy, says it's the greatest job in the world and the shame of dropping out is unbearable.Anyway it's just bizarre how someone can go through the entire process,get into the academy and dropout.

14. Tango

Tango Subscribing Member

Nirt,
    163+15= 7 no shows? :-\"

15. dcs2244

On Day 2, I remember running west on the front company street, toward Fleet, and wondering to myself "What the eff did I do...I had a perfectly good job...". The thing that helps the most for cops: NO LEAVE OF ABSENCE...you simply have no where to go back to.

16. GARDA

GARDA Subscribing Member

regnar1194,

Ah yes, day two at the SPA..."Every day is a holiday, every meal a banquet, and every formation on Rear Company Street a reunion"...How can ya beat it?!

*PS - Go ahead and have the second cup-o'-joe (maybe even a Starbucks, for a little extra haddya do) this morning while thinking about those poor bastards in the 79th, but SECURE ANY THOUGHTS about that bear claw !!!...(let's not get carried away here)... If Gunny Hartman didn't approve of Private Pyle's jelly donut in Full Metal Jacket, then just think what he might say about the bear claw; "YOU EAT IT, THEY'RE PAYING FOR IT!" Assume the front-leaning rest position and begin exercising...down, up...down, up...down, up!:-D

17. dsm290

dsm290 New Member

My buddy is in the 79th, he's physically and MENTALLY prepared for it. I'm happy for him, hope everyone that's in the 79th makes it. Best of luck to those guys and gals if any.

18. nirtallica

nirtallica Subscribing Member

Original count on deck was 178.

19. dcs2244

I hope only the deserving "make it".

20. Opie

Opie New Member

For some reason, I don't think they need luck. I think they know just what to do w/ him!:sh:

21. OciferpeteHPD3500

OciferpeteHPD3500 MassCops Member

Anyone want to predict what the final count on deck will be 25 weeks from now? With the past class rate I would estimate this will be lower then any other.

My Final Prediction is 104 Troopers Graduate

22. Philly

Philly MassCops Member

so are we guessing with out going over?

I am guessing 101

23. MARINECOP

MARINECOP MassCops Member

117 is my prediction. I wish them all the best of luck. Only the tough shall survive.

24. graveyardsleeper

graveyardsleeper New Member

Anyone get the call to report in on Monday?

25. nevrehc

nevrehc MassCops Member

25 dropped, 4 no shows is the word I just received.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.