Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 222 Posts

·
Lemme take a selfie
5,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These threads always seem to be entertaining... Anyone know what the magic number today is??

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
Pvt. Cowboy said:
These threads always seem to be entertaining... Anyone know what the magic number today is??
I am hoping for at least 7... I have my reasons :whistle:

·
Registered
126 Posts
I know it's not probable, but what if no one dropped out? Would the STATE POLICE hire all of the new recruits? Do they have the budget for so many?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I don't think you have to worry about Dogma20001 not making it; to not make it you have to actually BE there. He is not there unless the DIs are letting him go online, according to his profile he was online here 5 hours ago (1300 hrs.). He is just stirring up the pot.

Here is analogy of him and the State Police; dogma is the house near the airport the planes always fly over....MSP is the plane; damn passed over again...

People don't like what they can't have.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Dogma was unable to report for duty as he figured the scarlet letter "L" tattooed on his forehead would have given him away to the drill instructors.

See? I told you all there was a reason not to get all "tatted-up"!

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
Opie said:
:rofl: Funny Gil! I know what or who your're talking about! Does the :ninja: know soooo many fingers are crossed?
LMAO!! Yes a few have made it clear to him, We wish him the VERY best that he gets in due to the drop-out's / no shows.

As MPD said to us... GOOD LUCK!

As APD now says to MSP......GOOD LUCK!!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Reveille,Reveille, Reveille, Wake up, Wake up, Wake up!!!!!!

Day two for those poor bastards, I feel for you all I really do. If I may steal a quote from a good movie "Welcome to the Suck" I am going to have another cup of coffee this morning thinking about the 79th, maybe go out and get a bear claw too. How many of them were up 15-20 minutes prior to reveille, dreading the next day. Don't worry guys and gals its another day closer to Friday, and Friday will seem like Christmas.

Best of luck to you all

·
Undefined
2,255 Posts
The first wake up might be the worst day of the entire academy. That's when it REALLY sets in. Whew! Dogma, we hardly knew ya!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Wakeup: Scrambling out their racks, DI's screaming, male recruits tucking their morning missiles in their shorts, getting outside their holes, screaming discipline 10 times or more, running back into their holes and going through the pile of clothing in their locker, finding clothing with other peoples names on it, finding the sweat encrusted blue book and tucking the crumbling remnants of it in your backside, running down to rear company street, loud mouths trainee's yelling out useless advice, getting to rear company street late, and then running back topside..... shower, rinse, repeat . How many are thinking was this trip really necessary :shock:

·
Subscribing Member
456 Posts
COUNT ON DECK-163! 15 takers.

·
Registered
189 Posts
We have two from my department, great guys,we are are pulling for them.I just saw a former officer from my department the other day picking up a safekeep.He came out of the last academy, says it's the greatest job in the world and the shame of dropping out is unbearable.Anyway it's just bizarre how someone can go through the entire process,get into the academy and dropout.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
On Day 2, I remember running west on the front company street, toward Fleet, and wondering to myself "What the eff did I do...I had a perfectly good job...". The thing that helps the most for cops: NO LEAVE OF ABSENCE...you simply have no where to go back to.

·
Subscribing Member
1,615 Posts
regnar1194 said:
Reveille,Reveille, Reveille, Wake up, Wake up, Wake up!!!!!!

Day two for those poor bastards, I feel for you all I really do. If I may steal a quote from a good movie "Welcome to the Suck" I am going to have another cup of coffee this morning thinking about the 79th, maybe go out and get a bear claw too. How many of them were up 15-20 minutes prior to reveille, dreading the next day. Don't worry guys and gals its another day closer to Friday, and Friday will seem like Christmas.

Best of luck to you all
regnar1194,

Ah yes, day two at the SPA..."Every day is a holiday, every meal a banquet, and every formation on Rear Company Street a reunion"...How can ya beat it?!

*PS - Go ahead and have the second cup-o'-joe (maybe even a Starbucks, for a little extra haddya do) this morning while thinking about those poor bastards in the 79th, but SECURE ANY THOUGHTS about that bear claw !!!...(let's not get carried away here)... If Gunny Hartman didn't approve of Private Pyle's jelly donut in Full Metal Jacket, then just think what he might say about the bear claw; "YOU EAT IT, THEY'RE PAYING FOR IT!" Assume the front-leaning rest position and begin exercising...down, up...down, up...down, up!:-D

·
Registered
91 Posts
My buddy is in the 79th, he's physically and MENTALLY prepared for it. I'm happy for him, hope everyone that's in the 79th makes it. Best of luck to those guys and gals if any.

·
Subscribing Member
456 Posts
Tango said:
Nirt,
163+15= 7 no shows? :-\"
Original count on deck was 178.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Gil said:
LMAO!! Yes a few have made it clear to him, We wish him the VERY best that he gets in due to the drop-out's / no shows.

As MPD said to us... GOOD LUCK!

As APD now says to MSP......GOOD LUCK!!!!
For some reason, I don't think they need luck. I think they know just what to do w/ him!:sh:

1 - 20 of 222 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.