Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know of several remaining 97's that have received employmentg packets recently which required they be returned in early December. Is anyone aware of if the upcomming class will be filled with all 97 or will there be 96's.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I guess I am really out of luck, I scored a 95. There must have been at least 800 people with that score. I just turned 31 so I will most likely exceed the age limit by the time another test is given.

G

·
Not to this 94. Manny keep your head up, I hear at least (not including this current class running right now) Two more classes.

·
Registered
154 Posts
skimass";p="59570 said:
I Received a 96 and I got my letter today. They give you a choice to pick the 78th or to wait for an unfunded 79th.
Not really a choice. Accelerated process for a chance for the 78th...probably as an alternate. Thats how I took the letter. I the 79th isn't funded yet but lets pray that it gets funded. I think it would be kinda shitty if the state gave another test before taking the 96's for a class.

·
Undefined
2,255 Posts
I agree Wannabe.
Everyone make sure you call your congressman (or woman) and make sure this February class gets funded. Call the Gov. if you have to! I think that's our best shot with a 96. [-o<

G

·
I don't know if this will help anyone, I called last Tues. the 22nd because I heard through the grapevine that they were dipping into the 96's. They told me they were sending the letters out to them. Since I didn't have my written change of address into them in time she faxed me the card but told me that the packages have to be in by Friday the 25th. I jumped through some hoops and hand delivered it to Framingham on Thursday the 24th. While there they told me not to plan anything between the 25th and April 1st. Now you all know as much if not more than me. Since I was just discharged from the Marines I am living off Iraq funds and running on the hardball till I hear otherwise.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I turned in my information probably about 10 days ago, I haven't heard anything yet. I don't know why they would tell you not to plan anything from 3/25- 4/1. They have to make sure you pass your background first, which they do based on the info on your application. That would be a quick turnover.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I believe if you are just handing in your first application you will have to go through a oral interview process first. As far as I know they start the weeding out in the initial oral interview, then if you make it through that they will start the process of a background. The certification unit is only so big. If you noticed on the application the process went... Entrance Exam - Oral Interview/PAT - Background - Hired.

I could also be way off, especially if they are doing an accellerated process for the 78th.

·
Registered
36 Posts
One word of advice - Don't expect advance notice on any step of the hiring process.
My call came on a Friday confirming my Monday entrance to the SPA. Thankfully I was ready!
Good Luck potential trainees!

·
Undefined
2,255 Posts
So you got the weekend to get your s*** together? Wow. How do they get you your equipment with no real notice....PT stuff, uniforms, etc.?

·
Registered
24 Posts
At the orientation the candidates for the 77th were told that 180 of them will be in the academy, and I want to say the rest of them, which was about 60 were on standby to come in for the start of the second week if needed. As far as I know they weren't told if they were in or on standby. They had a list of all the necessary basic gear they needed. ( skivvies, socks, hygeine, whatever ) the rest will be issued. My buddy, in the 77th now was also told, ( I want to say he got both a phone call, and a letter ?) on Friday saying that he was in for the Nov. 1 date.

·
Subscribing Member
498 Posts
The common practice of giving one a last minute notice, is this something that they do intentionally to evaluate who will drop everything to go, or is it more that they have last minute changes in who is going/dropping before the start date? I assume things can get a bit hectic with so many people..

·
Registered
198 Posts
Wannabe1";p="59589 said:
skimass";p="59570 said:
I Received a 96 and I got my letter today. They give you a choice to pick the 78th or to wait for an unfunded 79th.
Not really a choice. Accelerated process for a chance for the 78th...probably as an alternate. Thats how I took the letter. I the 79th isn't funded yet but lets pray that it gets funded. I think it would be kinda shitty if the state gave another test before taking the 96's for a class.
While at the Academy, doing the obstacle courses, this week... I was told that they didn't have enough 97's to fill the upcoming class and they would indeed be using some 96's.

·
MassCops Member
81 Posts
Rock";p="61396 said:
So you got the weekend to get your s*** together? Wow. How do they get you your equipment with no real notice....PT stuff, uniforms, etc.?
When I was hoping to get into my R.T.T. Class, I was notified, by GHQ, on a Tuesday afternoon around noon time. They gave me an hour to get to Framingham to pick up some paperwork and the list of items I would need. I was to report to the SPA for 8 am the next day (less than a 24 hour notice). I went to Framingham, got all the paperwork, went to my current employer, at that time, and turned in my resignation. I then went to the bank, withdrew about $1000.00 and headed to the mall to get all my required gear. I was at the mall from 5pm til 9pm when it closed. Went back home, got all my gear put together and put all appropriate markings on them, and was in bed for 1am. Layed in bed, wide awake for 4 hours, got up at 5am and started my trek to New Braintree. :shock: So yes, there are some people that will get less than a 24 hour notice. Its a serious gut check because it is hard to prepare with less than a 24 hour notice, but I, and others, have proven that it CAN be done!!!!! :twisted:

·
Registered
16 Posts
mkpnt";p="61496 said:
Wannabe1";p="59589 said:
skimass";p="59570 said:
While at the Academy, doing the obstacle courses, this week... I was told that they didn't have enough 97's to fill the upcoming class and they would indeed be using some 96's.
Just wondering…What was the course like? What kind of obstacles did they put in front of you? IE monkey bars, walls. I imagine there was no practice since bad guys don't let you practice chasing them before the real thing.

Good Luck.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.