Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 52 Posts
You are dreaming if you honestly think 194 will graduate.

You're still talking about 75 people. I wonder out of that 240 how many are concidered "stand-by".
Anyone know the total count that dropped out of the 77th?

The estimation of around 75 over expected to drop is based on past experience. The last two classes have lost nearly the same amount. But in my opinion, if 200 graduated, then they graduated. I doubt, and I'm no expert, that the SPA would eliminate those ranking towards the bottom, simply because the expected failure rate was off.

Quit trying to figure out how many this and that! All you need to worry about is after 25 weeks of SUCK you're standing on the parade deck at graduation.

Get off the 'puter and go running

Sorry have not been on the board.. Yes, 260 on day one. Either way, running, pushups and sit-ups... I saw a kid at the gym the other day and he was killing the weight stack and I heard one of the other guys ask him how many miles he was up to and he said I just started running again in mid May... Run, psuh ups and sit ups... It's all a head game dont give up it's worth every single bead of sweat and it has a purpose...

It's called 3:12 AM on a car stop 5 degrees out and the bad guy is trying to kill you with his bare hands, or with a tire iron and your nearest backup is 15, 20, 35 minutes away... It's the discipline and Intestinal fortittude from the academy that will make you go home to your wife and kid that you learned at the academy.... Good luck....

Dont' get all caught up in the numbers........That being said, the orientation letter states approximately 240 candidates will be appointed. Also their goal is to graduate 165. Now that tells me that that's their goal so anything above that is good for them. They need the numbers from what I know.

By the way, "killing that weight stack" should feel great when he's pukeing at mile 6!

Heard today from HRD that more appointment notices for day one are going out this week from the stand-by list. Looks like some people are deferring to the 79th. Good news for us guys on the standy-by list...

BIG IRISH - I believe at the orientation, they said when you receive your letter to report, to order the items from the store. ( My wife took good notes). I had ordered mine about a week ago.

Dogma, I can totally understand your frustration. Now that the clocks ticking and people have their papers in hand, it becomes real. My buddy who originally got a letter saying he was on standby got a phone call from HR for him to report on day one. HR actually called him a few times to get a hold of him to see what his intentions were. Makes me think more people are probably backing out last minute. I'm anticipating the next 6 months to be 10 times harder than Marine Corps boot camp. We'll see soon enough. TJH

FYI- I called to place my order last week and asked about sizing,especially the warm up suits. The guy told me that during the second week, he will be there for us to try things on if needed and make changes to the order.

4 days to go, can you believe it??? Everyone reporting Monday, have a great,relaxing and SAFE weekend :)

21 - 40 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.