Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
Boys & Girls - You Have To Check Out GMACKS Link - It's VERY Interesting...

Will Give You Flashbacks of the 77th & 78th RTT Threads We Have Here, With Some Interesting Slants...
:D

G

·
Some of those officers should run as DemocRats here. They sound like sensitive Northeastern U. statisticians.

·
Subscribing Member
885 Posts
"Whaa whaa whaa" says some of them....

"Dont yell, its mean and useless"

"Maybe if the SPA was more like 1st grade, there wouldnt be as much Use of Force bla bla bla bla"

"What are the towwels for?"
um, polishing the Lt's car, right?

Keep up the good work (and ass kicking) all ya recruits, dont make your spot useless, it could have been mine

·
Zombie Hunter
4,815 Posts
Most of the people posting on that other site sound like a bunch of whiners and wanna-bes. No one drops out of an MSP class and goes back to their friends, family and co-workers and says "I just couldn't handle the intensity of the training" or whatever. They say "I didn't want to be a Trooper anyways", but I'll bet a million dollars if they showed up at the academy and were handed some boots, breeches and cruiser keys, they wouldn't be singing the same tune. Like the Marines, the intensity of our training singles us out and makes the accomplishment of graduating that much more satisfying. I don't think I'm better than any other law-enforcement officer, whether they be local, sheriff or feds, just different. Our job is unique to most of law enforcement, so our training is different from most, hence the paramilitary as opposed to collegiate atmosphere. If you can't handle the intensity or question our methods, then I'm sure we don't want you anyways, and I'm sure that many other people would jump at the opportunity.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Call me crazy but I get goosebumps seeing the photos of the academy. I wish I did better on the test and had a chance.

·
Subscribing Member
2,201 Posts
Those pics gave me nightmares. It kinda made mem miss the academy NOT!!! Man I would not go throught that again for all the money in the world.

·
Thread Killa
6,056 Posts
Having never been through the MSP training, but having been through Army training...I will offer this.

Basic and AIT are geared for the "lowest" and "broadest" population base. I would imagine, because of the quality of the individuals that get into the MSP, the training is a little smarter and not geared to a kid that might have barely graduated high school. Certainly from the looks of it, it is stress training or modified stress training and that would be similar.

Not knowing the MSP training, I would also hazard that since the mission is different than the military, in the end the thinking part of the training is going to be different.

Basic, AIT very rudimentary, I can only imagine that other armed services would be about the same due to candidate pool. Airborne, Air Assault, Ranger School... smarter training. IOBC School of the Americas, IMLC, smarter even still.
I would guess or figure that MSP training would rate right in at top end of AIT through to IOBC....in terms of physicality and mental prepardness.

I think what stands out above all else to me is the mission role and what that varied TRADOC must be. MSP deals with the boring to the extremely violent with various ROE that seem to be VERY complex. I would, from experience assert, that Military ROE although confusing due to environment and political motivations are vastly less complex.
Most simply stated a MSP trooper would be an amalgamation of many different MOS's if an enlisted person, from infantry to civil affairs, to military police...where as the average soldier is pretty MOS specific.

Simple version: Almost anyone can get into the military, not so with the MSP. Although the pictures may look similar and it may be a stress training environment, it's not your Marine boot camp, it's not your Ranger School, and it sure as crap ain't the cushy School of the Americas training.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.