Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone heard anything new on the 75/25 bill??? Sorry if this has been addressed, but I didn't see it anywhere. Also, anyone know if they'll lift the moratorium on the Quinn Bill BEFORE 2015???

G

·
25/75 has been DOA in "committee" (kill it quietly) for the last few years.

If the public school teachers get it, we'll get it.

GO TEACHERS!!!! :rock:

·
Subscribing Member
4,324 Posts
The moratorium is a time period in which no new department can get the Quinn Bill. So if your department doesn't have Quinn but they want it, can't get it for at least 10 years.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That was the reason I asked. My municipality approved the Quinn Bill after the deadline. I was wondering if anyone heard anything new about it. My buddy just came back from a MASSCOP Union Conference and said the union's feeling about the early retirement was good. More than likely, NOTHING will be lifted or approved while Romney is still in office. I had to ask.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Excuse my choice of words. I didn't realize my "political incorrectness" would offend. I do understand the retirement system. I understand what I pay per week and what my choices are at retirement. I asked a question and if there was any further information.

·
Subscribing Member
4,324 Posts
Wow, I didn't know you can get up to 85%, i thought 80 was the max but looking at the Group 4 Chart I was very surprised.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info. I had not heard anything about it until recently and figured someone around here might have a little inside info. I guess I'm just hoping it comes through at some point. I have looked at other states and found the majority do offer some similar retirements based on years of service.
Like many others, I got on very young and now have to pay the price in length of service. Sounded like a good idea at the time..... Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
With my luck 75/25 will pass in my 30th year.

·
Registered
52 Posts
75/25 I'll take 70/20 Can't wait to get out of the way for all the young guys waiting on this site. Don't look good though. Looks like I'll be around another 12 years :(
Quinn Bill Rocks!!O:)

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
If it passed tomorrow I'd be retired in... lets see, carry the 2, multiply by one.... I'd be retired about two hours ago.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.