$255 window tint ticket but was told if i went to court the officer would hit me with more offenses. | MassCops

$255 window tint ticket but was told if i went to court the officer would hit me with more offenses.

Discussion in 'Tickets & Citations' started by Anthony1, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Anthony1

Anthony1 New Member

My truck has tinted windows that are passed the legal limit and i’m aware of that. my issue is that and my buddy pulled into the play grounds parking lot behind my high school to talk, the parking lot wasn’t plowed and my trucks 4wd isn’t working at the time so tried turning around and i broke traction so i just throttled it out so i wouldn’t have gotten stuck. parked in the parking lot where i knew i could get out (snow was heavier in areas bc of snow drift) and 10 minuets later a state trooper pulls up and starts inspecting my truck. taking a picture of my plate, looking at my exhaust, light bar, sticker and doesn’t say anything to me but have me put my windows up 1/4 of the way. Says way to dark and just told me to pay the ticket and pretty much threatened me not to go to court by saying “just pay the citation if you take this to court i will hit you with spinning dounts and tresspassing” kinda stuck here on what i should do. My school resource officer says i should definitely take it to court. i’m taking the tint off and everything i just need opinions on what i should do or if the officer can even say that he’ll hit me with other things that what the ticket was originally for. Thanks!