240 trainees sworn in as Massachusetts State Police Troopers | Page 3 | MassCops

240 trainees sworn in as Massachusetts State Police Troopers

Discussion in 'New England' started by res2244, May 11, 2020.

1. res2244

res2244 MassCops Member

RI is so simple theres only like 4 types of academies.... RIMPA for literally any LEO except for RISP and Prov which have their own seperate academies and then one sheriffs academy that trains deputies for all 5 counties of RI and all of them have the same powers.... zero red tape; and I think Vermont and Maine are on that same boat as well, NH I have no clue

also this needs to be reinstated
    [​IMG]
    I know its a thing before my procreation but this really should be a thing nowadays

Kilvinsky, Goose and 02136colonel like this.
  2. Roy Fehler

Roy Fehler MassCops Member

Just because some empire-building sheriffs allow their people to operate outside the scope of their duties and responsibilities, doesn’t make them police officers.

Several years ago, the Bristol County Sheriff sent deputies into New Bedford & Fall River to “help” and it was an unmitigated disaster.

3. 02136colonel

02136colonel Supporting Member

But a call in West Bumfuck at 3 am does? That was your example of why other states need unified training

4. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

Policing is regional, all of the debates are pointless. Have one standard for everyone, if you want a special standard on top of that do so at your agency. This dick measuring bulshit is tired, when you have people chomping at the bit to do the right thing, and you have elite agencies with slugs. One academy for every cop. You want to have a special campaign hat maintenance class, do that at your own agency

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

5. Roy Fehler

Go back and read what I wrote, specifically the example of Maine. The rural areas have a call list of LE agencies that take turns responding to calls after hours, the list includes the state police, sheriff’s departments, game wardens, forest rangers, and whatever nearby towns have their own police departments.

That doesn’t happen in Massachusetts. Any towns that don’t have their own PD’s are covered by the state police. Period.

You’re not going to have a EPO and deputy sheriff show up at your house at 3am in Massachusetts.

res2244 and CCCSD like this.
  6. RodneyFarva

RodneyFarva Get off my lawn!

Not true Larry was located and brought home after he was caught trying to sell himself in a rest area out by the Quabbin reservoir.
    larry.jpg

7. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

I'm late to the party, but CONGRATS NEW TROOPERS!

8. Roy Fehler

The 1992 merger was one of the worst things to ever happen to Massachusetts law enforcement, it accomplished the exact opposite of what was intended.

res2244, EUPD377, Goose and 1 other person like this.
  9. res2244

res2244 MassCops Member

So its obvious what the Capitol Police did but what was the primary mission of the RMV police and the Metropolitan police??? Was it CV enforcement for RMVPD and was it basically what DC Metro does but for Boston when it came to the Metro police?? Asking for a history lesson... :)

10. msw

msw MassCops Member

Kind of thread drift, but to address your question ..... The Washington DC Metropolitan Police Dept is a true “city” PD, not a specialized agency like the old MDC police. Back in the late ‘60s and early ‘70s, I remember those MDC guys chasing us teenagers out of drinking spots in the woods near some lakes, ponds and reservoirs, and frequently ticketing us on certain parkways. Some interesting info in here:
    List of defunct law enforcement agencies of Massachusetts - Wikipedia

Joel98 and res2244 like this.
  11. Roy Fehler

The MDC (Metropolitan District Commission, now known as the Department of Conservation and Recreation) or Metropolitan Police in MA started out as the MDC Parks Police in the 1800’s. They were responsible for primary policing at all MDC facilities (beaches, parks, zoos) and roadways within the commonwealth. At one time, they had over 600 sworn officers, making them one of the largest PD’s in Massachusetts.

The RMV or Registry Police conducted all driving road tests, did traffic enforcement statewide, CVE, and had to be notified of all fatal crashes in the state. They also had a top-notch crash reconstruction team that would assist any PD that didn’t have a team of their own.

Joel98, CCCSD and res2244 like this.
  12. res2244

res2244 MassCops Member

Funny you guys mention that, theres a mod for GTA 5 where you can be a police officer whether it be for the city, a sheriff, a highway patrolman or even a park ranger; maybe the new troopers practiced APP and other academy topics by playing GTA 5 with that mod installed :D

PG1911 likes this.
  13. JR90

JR90 MassCops Member

Funny you mention this.. I actually saw a YouTube video of someone playing GTA 5 and they were driving around in an MSP Ford Explorer :D

res2244 likes this.
  14. res2244

res2244 MassCops Member

Oh yeah.... theres plenty of people doing patrols with MSP vehicle and character models in the game but one of the most popular videos about the MSP as a topic on youtube if not THE most popular is this video surprisingly enough....

A whole a$$ video of some people trying to be MSP cadets and a DI doing crazy sh!t... it has over a million views....And this is the official channel of an entire roleplaying community dedicated to specifically roleplaying as only the MSP LOL

Last edited: May 17, 2020
    mpd61 and JR90 like this.
  15. j809

j809 Subscribing Member

[​IMG]
    I used to give a shit and actually respond to threads like this but the reality is that nothing will ever change so just enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. CCCSD

CCCSD MassCops Member

Wait...so you CANNOT wear motor boots anymore? Even in a video game?

I bet Constables can wear them.

RodneyFarva, res2244, mpd61 and 2 others like this.
  17. mpd61

mpd61 Retired Fed, Active Special

THAT!!!!
    That is pretty close to the EVOC refresher I had at Moore Airfield with Sgt. Lee in Spring 2018. Sgt. Lee is much more articulate and professional though than this LT.

RodneyFarva and res2244 like this.
  18. res2244

res2244 MassCops Member

I think Gunnery Sgt. Hartman takes the cake as most "articulate"

RodneyFarva and JR90 like this.