Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Doesn’t MSP offer 2 points to veterans, when municipalities put them at the top of the list for their town of residence? That’s how I remember it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Towns and Cities put DVs and Vets at the top of the list, not counting 534s, 402s. The state pulls from the list based on the order and standing in the state and DVs and Vets are ahead of non-vets in the state list too. They just haven’t hired many DVs over time. Veterans on the other hand yes.

I have been told in the past that the State doesn’t always necessarily follow that order though (DV, Vets and Non-Vets), but as far as towns and cities go, it’s always DV, Vet, Non-Vet.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Towns and Cities put DVs and Vets at the top of the list, not counting 534s, 402s. The state pulls from the list based on the order and standing in the state and DVs and Vets are ahead of non-vets in the state list too. They just haven’t hired many DVs over time. Veterans on the other hand yes.

I have been told in the past that the State doesn’t always necessarily follow that order though (DV, Vets and Non-Vets), but as far as towns and cities go, it’s always DV, Vet, Non-Vet.
MSP gives 2 extra points for Vet status. There is no "order", other than 402A/B and 534's at the top.

·
Registered
221 Posts
MSP gives 2 extra points for Vet status. There is no "order", other than 402A/B and 534's at the top.
Right, I noticed my wording on the previous post made it seem like I meant MSP when I said “state”. I just meant the statewide rankings still go in that order. Although those two points do help a lot. Which is why the first state academy is usually mostly vets

·
Registered
39 Posts
Doesn’t MSP offer 2 points to veterans, when municipalities put them at the top of the list for their town of residence? That’s how I remember it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ya they just get 2 points they don’t get out on top of the list.

·
Registered
221 Posts
House and Senate just passed the State Budget for 2022. $5.67 million for a class next year. If you scored above a 93-94 I’d start running.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Wow I don’t think I’ve ever seen such worry from the MSP over staffing, but it all adds up. They’ve already bought out more troopers this year than any other year and they’re only in July..

Easily 3 classes coming off this 2021 exam, especially given the tone from this article.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Was told from a reliable source today, individual scores will be out in two weeks. Notice, I said individual and not where you fall on the list. List still comes out on September 1st. Good luck to all who took it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Was told from a reliable source today, individual scores will be out in two weeks. Notice, I said individual and not where you fall on the list. List still comes out on September 1st. Good luck to all who took it.
Thank you for the update !

81 - 90 of 90 Posts