2017 Civil Service ALL POSTS !!!!! | Page 6 | MassCops

2017 Civil Service ALL POSTS !!!!!

Discussion in 'Civil Service' started by 43225, Feb 15, 2017.

1. wwonka

wwonka MassCops Member

My understanding is as long as your age is 32 or under when you take the test you should be good to go.

I could also be wrong. which I usually am. :)

I took the MBTA for the last time because they have no upper age limit.
    I will most likely be a CO till I die.

Peace

2. visible25

visible25 MassCops Member

Hearing through the grapevine the "current" (2015) list expires end of August

3. JD02124

JD02124 Supporting Member

I thought it already did.

4. visible25

Technically it hasn't! - Yet

5. wwonka

wwonka MassCops Member

Still waiting on those scores.
    90 days my ass.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

6. JD02124

JD02124 Supporting Member

Well I was in the last Boston class and didn't get a card again I assumed it was because they weren't taking from the 2015 list. Maybe it's because I left only to find out later it was for medical reasons?

7. unexpo

unexpo MassCops Member

They made an announcement on March 31 that scores are expected late summer.... Aka September

8. patsvii

patsvii New Member

Good evening folks. I recently took the CS exam in June, had a great time. As we all wait for the scores to be released, I had a question I cant seem to find the answer too. I marked down my residency for my town, but was curious as to if other towns would reach out to me when the scores are released. I know some towns have residency requirements, which immediately DQ's me, but I am not sure how other CS towns work. Thanks for the help.

9. visible25

Based on my own knowledge and what I believe I know - and anyone else feel free to jump in and correct me.
    With this 'new' CS test (ie we no longer put our top 3-5 departments) if a town exhausts their residency lists THEN they request & pull from a statewide list.

So in theory, it is possible you will be called by other departments

patsvii likes this.
  10. Rogergoodwin

Rogergoodwin MassCops Member

You might have been in the academy when they requested a certification for the next class, which might explain why your name wasn't on it. Because they are running the September class off of the 2015 test.

11. Rogergoodwin

It used to be that way but I believe they just changed it to where you do put your name on as many other lists as you want. I recently just chose a few towns and the mbta list on my MaCS account and they added my name to all the lists I chose within a few days.

12. Rogergoodwin

Just a heads up, you don't choose what list's (other than your residency preference) you want your name to be on until the scores get released. If you add your name to other lists right now, youll have to update that when the new scores come out.

13. Drm122388

Drm122388 New Member

Just a heads up everyone, score release date has been updated from "late summer" to "August, 2017.

14. Dwight12

Dwight12 New Member

New to the site, all.
    I emailed civil service today they advised early to mid august.

15. mariisa

mariisa New Member

Has anyone received vacancy e-mails? Any idea when they'll release the 2017 list? And if I happen to get one of the slots, when will the academy start?

Thanks

16. Rogergoodwin

Yes.
    Early to mid august.
    Depends on what department.
    Your putting the cart way before the horse.

mpd61, Ghost12345 and visible25 like this.
  17. Shedbuilt

Shedbuilt New Member

Got a score back today. Veterans status, "Failed" with a 3.42% grade? Lmao. This can't be real life.

Weird seeing as not another soul has received theirs.

Jrod6, triplethreat and mariisa like this.
  18. Jrod6

Jrod6 MassCops Member

Test results = FAIL. Wasted veteran status

I wonder if It's my personality (or lack of) or if I just had the police portion questions wrong.
    If only they gave us insight.

Anyone know if NH allows mass folks to take the exam? It's in September for Manchester I believe.

19. TroyDarby

TroyDarby New Member

Test result = Failed.
    Did anyone else send in for a recount of scores? I have a few people i know that also scored very low. just curious if anyone else has any insight on this.

20. 46065

46065 MassCops Member

Interesting that you received your results. Perhaps it's an error? It doesn't seem anyone else did and the eligibility list isn't available online.

21. mariisa

mariisa New Member

I haven't received anything form the Civil Service folks via e-mail.
    Is that a good thing? When are the results getting posted online?

22. Lolz02

Lolz02 New Member

Do the release the failed scores first?
    I tested and heard nothing as far as score.

23. Dfgert129

Dfgert129 MassCops Member

Rounded score of 77 - 4th time is a charm! Does this qualify me for Chief?

pahapoika and Goose like this.
  24. Tperrotta1022

Tperrotta1022 New Member

Don’t feel bad lol I got lower. 2.70% I just submitted my request for review. Something has to be wrong.

25. clm38

clm38 MassCops Member

Does anyone have any idea how this damn test was scored? This was my first time taking it in about 15 years, and the Work Styles/Psychological stuff seems pretty subjective.

I just found out that I scored an 84 (so I passed at least), plus they gave me 2 additional experience points (also weird, I've been a cop for 15, with 9.5 of those from a municipality), so I'm sitting at 86.

the other two times I took the test (the old style test), I got a 99 both times (not high enough to get hired, but whatever)....

Where can I find answers to these burning questions? Is 86 too low on this new test??