Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

61 - 80 of 1046 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
After reading some of these post it made me and my friend LOL. It seems like a lot of you guys have no idea how this works and how they will contact you. FYI the MSP did NOT go all the way down to score 71 for their upcoming class for the 83RTT. The lowest score they went down to is 96. FBI will NEVER take a "laterals" from local or state police departments, hell they don't even take laterals from other federal agencies!!!!!!! If a state trooper leaves to go to the Feds they lose all their time in service because it does NOT transfer. State time to Fed time are two different things!!!!!!!!!! The list will be good from November 2017 to November 2019 for all local city/town police and Transit (MBTA) Police... You can send your test score to all 351 cities and towns, civil service or not and they will throw your test scores away in the trash. You do not contact them, Civil Service (NOT A POLICE DEPARTMENT) will contact you and tell you that ABC Police Department are looking for X amount of police officers and you are in the running.... Only time a police department will contact you is if they are NOT civil service and they put on their own test....

·
Registered
581 Posts
After reading some of these post it made me and my friend LOL. It seems like a lot of you guys have no idea how this works and how they will contact you. FYI the MSP did NOT go all the way down to score 71 for their upcoming class for the 83RTT. The lowest score they went down to is 96. FBI will NEVER take a "laterals" from local or state police departments, hell they don't even take laterals from other federal agencies!!!!!!! If a state trooper leaves to go to the Feds they lose all their time in service because it does NOT transfer. State time to Fed time are two different things!!!!!!!!!! The list will be good from November 2017 to November 2019 for all local city/town police and Transit (MBTA) Police... You can send your test score to all 351 cities and towns, civil service or not and they will throw your test scores away in the trash. You do not contact them, Civil Service (NOT A POLICE DEPARTMENT) will contact you and tell you that ABC Police Department are looking for X amount of police officers and you are in the running.... Only time a police department will contact you is if they are NOT civil service and they put on their own test....
Something tells me that common sense is not one of your strong suits...

·
Registered
27 Posts
OMG this is too funny. I'll tell you what, you should skip right over working as a Patrolman and go straight for Detective.
Don't worry with your score of 78, department will be knocking your door down everyday all day!!! You will be Chief before you know it.
Is this your first time you took the Civil Service test??

·
Registered
581 Posts
Don't worry with your score of 78, department will be knocking your door down everyday all day!!! You will be Chief before you know it.
Is this your first time you took the Civil Service test??
I thought you said civil service would contact him? Now the department will? Make up your mind...

·
Registered
27 Posts
With detective first grade MP503 as competition, I would recommend everyone just hang up the towel now.
Thank you Roger for let everyone know, I wouldn't want these people to waste their time!!! I will say with your score at 96 you most likely wont get a call from local police but you are in the running still for MSP

·
Registered
581 Posts
Thank you Roger for let everyone know, I wouldn't want these people to waste their time!!! I will say with your score at 96 you most likely wont get a call from local police but you are in the running still for MSP
Got a card with a 93 last year from local pd. With the 2n+1 equation, half of the list gets a call because of all the tie scores.

·
Registered
581 Posts
And the MSP isn't hiring for the 83RTT off this new list.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Oh come on, Roger he just made a mistake. They don't mind if you make a lot of mistakes like that as a Cop. When you get the facts wrong in your Police report, the defense attorney will quietly pull you aside to point out the error so you can fix it before the trial.
What mistake did I make?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just reread the thread. We were fucking around. Waiting for someone to take it seriously...
Didn't seem like you two were joking but its all good. we have woodyd over here turning down the MSP four times with a score of 83 and you who got their card with a 93 and must be on the force already. Did you take 2017 civil service test just to fuck around and keep your mind sharp you know since you got your card already in 2015

·
Registered
581 Posts
Didn't seem like you two were joking but its all good. we have woodyd over here turning down the MSP four times with a score of 83 and you who got their card with a 93 and must be on the force already. Did you take 2017 civil service test just to fuck around and keep your mind sharp you know since you got your card already in 2015
I got my card in 2016, not the department I was waiting for.
I don't know how you could think that a guy turning down the MSP 4 times with an 83 wasn't a little odd.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I really hope that you didn't do as these two guys told you to do. Do not contact anyone and do not email the MSP. They are messing with you! Civil Service HR will email you around September with your score.
Not anybody important anyway so that's a plus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

61 - 80 of 1046 Posts