Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

821 - 840 of 1046 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
A quick Google search on pay said $55k...haven't been to the Pittsfield page to look yet but that would be for me a big cut in pay... I have resident/vet in Boston so that's my #1 obviously

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts
You do realize those quick Google searches don't mean anything since I just typed average pay of a Boston police officer and it said about $60,000.00.

·
Registered
94 Posts
You do realize those quick Google searches don't mean anything since I just typed average pay of a Boston police officer and it said about $60,000.00.
For Boston go to the city page and look up the collective bargaining agreement between Boston and the bppa it will give you the starting pay...as I said...I just did a quick Google search on my ride into work...I hadn't looked on the Pittsfield page yet...

·
Registered
105 Posts
You could also just go to the Boston Herald city payroll and get a good read on the situation. Basically just trying to say if you don't know it Don't throw it out there as a quick google search and basically provide validity to it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
You could also just go to the Boston Herald city payroll and get a good read on the situation. Basically just trying to say if you don't know it Don't throw it out there as a quick google search and basically provide validity to it.
Lol calm down

·
Registered
105 Posts
They can prevent a cs lateral without a contract so I doubt they would have one.
The city or town has the contract so they don't pay for you to attend an academy and then equip you then have you try lateraling back east. If you only make 50 k it's pretty unaffordable to pay back training and equipment back to that town even if you get a giant raise back east.

·
Registered
581 Posts
The city or town has the contract so they don't pay for you to attend an academy and then equip you then have you try lateraling back east. If you only make 50 k it's pretty unaffordable to pay back training and equipment back to that town even if you get a giant raise back east.
I understand that but they don't really need to worry about an officer lateraling, because you need the departments permission to lateral out anyways.

821 - 840 of 1046 Posts