2017 Civil Service ALL POSTS !!!!! | Page 41 | MassCops

2017 Civil Service ALL POSTS !!!!!

Discussion in 'Civil Service' started by 43225, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Bloodhound

Bloodhound MassCops Member

Correct, cities and towns don't get scores, just lists. And in the scenario you state, you would be at the top or your town's list (essentially). 402A/402B list is first.

11bravoarmy likes this.
  2. 11bravoarmy

11bravoarmy MassCops Member

Sent an email to hrd to ask if there was an estimated time frame the people who took test on 10/5 can expect results.... their response “when we get them back from our vendor”

3. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

You got a reply from HRD? Buy a lottery ticket TONIGHT!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

11bravoarmy likes this.
  4. 11bravoarmy

Here I was wildly annoyed by their response when I apparently should be grateful haha. Hopefully the ole scantron scanning vendors are speedy.

5. 53019

53019 MassCops Member

I just received a letter for the State Headquarters today about the 85th RTT. Does that mean if I send it back saying "Accept" I'm into the academy or is nothing guaranteed still?

6. wwonka

wwonka MassCops Member

Yes send it in and then just show up day 1 of the academy with your letter.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

7. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Semper Occultus

In conclusion, please be clear that this invitation to participate in the selection process for the 85th RTT does not guarantee you an appointment to the State Police Academy; it simply provides you an opportunity to compete.
    Once again this is right in the letter. Is there a heavily redacted version of this letter in circulation? I don’t get it. literally all the answers to your questions can be answered if you just read the damn thing.

8. 53019

53019 MassCops Member

That wording wasn't on my letter. It just said to send it back, accept, decline or deferment. If you're talking about what's on the website I hadn't read that at the time of my post.

9. Clydon94

Clydon94 MassCops Member

Another academy already jeez, how far down have they made it?

10. pd12cl

pd12cl MassCops Member

If you think just by replying accept you’re in the academy I feel bad for you

11. 53019

53019 MassCops Member

Well no kidding they need to go through background. What I meant was assuming that checks out and you had checked accept. Then you're more or less in to the academy? Unless there's budgeting issues.

12. pd12cl

pd12cl MassCops Member

A lot more than what you list. It seems like you have no idea what you’re getting into. So some research and you won’t have to ask these questions.....

13. 53019

53019 MassCops Member

Okay then what's the point of this forum? Just asking general questions. Why should I be expected to know all the nuances that go into this process.. I'll just do my own research then. Thanks for the insight

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
  14. 38bigblock

38bigblock MassCops Member

You get the card, and it allows you to compete against everyone else who got a card for the position, assuming you pass everything, your PT test score is good, you rock the interview, and your background is good, you’ll be able to attend the academy.

Hope that helps-

Btw, I’m not civil service or a trooper. Just spent a long time taking the tests and figured out that self sponsoring is the best way to go

pahapoika and triplethreat like this.
  15. 11bravoarmy

Any idea what one can expect from a second interview? First went well, they did my background (as far as I know, I know they definitely called my references) and now I have a second interview set up with dept end of this month.

16. Bloodhound

Bloodhound MassCops Member

Could be an interview with the chief. Or to clear up any questions from the background invest.

17. 8BRAVO

8BRAVO MassCops Member

Two Boston cards in a month....are they hard pressed for candidates?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

18. aj255357

aj255357 MassCops Member

crazy thing is I took the military make up exam last year in May and weren't hiring until recently. Been waiting almost a year.

19. 8BRAVO

8BRAVO MassCops Member

Really? Are you claiming Boston residency? I took the initial 2017 and this is my third card....responded to the initial but had to defer...responded to this one so we'll see

20. aj255357

aj255357 MassCops Member

Yes claiming Boston residency.

21. jgraham11

jgraham11 Guest

So this was the 2nd round of cards they sent out?

22. 8BRAVO

8BRAVO MassCops Member

Should be the third if my maths is correct....they sent one back in March of 2018, another at the beginning of April 2019 and then the third last Friday with the caveat if you already signed the April cert you don't have to sign this one...so Wondering if they didn't get a good turn out for April

23. alonzo401

alonzo401 MassCops Member

Does anybody know anything about how high or low the average scores were for the 2019 civil service exam?

24. RTBeast

RTBeast MassCops Member

From the few people I've asked so far it's been all over the place: a 97, 93, 80, 77, and 34 (yes 34)

25. 02136colonel

02136colonel Supporting Member

From myself and people I’ve talked to, 84, 88, 91,93, 99. Boston residency. Will have to wait until the list comes out to know for sure. I’m just hoping the rumors of mass hiring come to fruition

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019