2017 Civil Service ALL POSTS !!!!! | Page 36 | MassCops

2017 Civil Service ALL POSTS !!!!!

Discussion in 'Civil Service' started by 43225, Feb 15, 2017.

1. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Semper Occultus

Your close to the top 1000. If a class gets put through you'll definitely get a call. I say this based on what mrdavch and myself have found out about the previous numbers that the state has burnt through to get a class going. The only problem is the budget available for the State Police right now is not great. We might not see another class for awhile but the good thing is that this list is good for 4 years. I'm willing to bet atleast one class will get called in that span.

FORCEFED likes this.
  2. FORCEFED

FORCEFED MassCops Member

A friend of mine got a 97 and placed 200 ahead of me. I got a 92 but think military gives 94? It's a long haul especially if they aren't hunting for bodies this season.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

3. Ivo1626

Ivo1626 MassCops Member

What would be a good ranking on the State Police?

4. asd1234

asd1234 New Member

Does anyone have an educated guess or prior knowledge of how far into the list MSP would possibly go for the first academy? If they have one that is..

5. Shosh328

Shosh328 MassCops Member

off the 2013 list i heard they pulled 900-1000 names for the 82nd and around 1600-1700 total for the 83rd. for the 83rd they actually had to send out a second round of letters to lower scoring applicants due to lack of response with the initial round of letters

6. Rogergoodwin

Rogergoodwin MassCops Member

Thats true, most likely because it was almost 4 years after the test. A lot of people got other jobs, moved on, or somehow disqualified themselves. The one positive is; the longer they put the class off, the further down the list they'll go.

7. ecpd402

ecpd402 Subscribing Member

Woburn police did a big hiring the last couple of years . The hire reserve cops first then promote to full time when their is a opening. They are full staff last I heard. unless you in the top three and a veteran you may be retesting

8. Rogergoodwin

I just realized I got a card from Pittsfield as a non-resident. Is anyone making the journey out to no-man's land to sign?

9. 8BRAVO

8BRAVO MassCops Member

I got one too...but holding out for my resident preference city...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

10. SGTnewt

SGTnewt New Member

Same here, but think I'm also going to wait for my resident preference city, plus I'm in the top 100 for the state police. Wont make the 3 hour drive out there but looks like a decent department. This seems like the second time Pittsfield has sent out cards in the last month. No one must have signed the first list.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
  11. Rogergoodwin

Most people probably are. They were starting laterals off at 37k a year. Wonder what new guys would make...

12. 8BRAVO

8BRAVO MassCops Member

Yeah...I'd be in the poor house living off pb&j sandwiches and ramen

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

13. unexpo

unexpo MassCops Member

How is 37k even sustainable? Kind of embarrasing for that Dept...

mtc likes this.
  14. Southshore10

Southshore10 MassCops Member

Any one have any information on Brockton? If they plan on giving out cards soon/how many they are hiring?

15. MyNameIsTyler

MyNameIsTyler New Member

Do all towns send out cards through email? Are there any towns that tend to do things differently?

16. SGTnewt

SGTnewt New Member

Heard that 20 BP officers are retiring in the next couple of years. Right now they are going to send 10 people they investigated off the old list to an arcademy this winter last I heard.

17. Rogergoodwin

Looks like with a bachelor's and shift dif. It's around 48k. Still rough. Although maybe cost of living is that much lower out there.

18. Rogergoodwin

All through email. They don't come from the town, they come from civil service so they're all uniform.

19. Southshore10

Southshore10 MassCops Member

well that's not something I was hoping to hear, appreciate the info. Not much left to do except hope my mid twenties spot on the list gets my foot in the door eventually.

20. SGTnewt

SGTnewt New Member

It probably will. I'm in the mid teens in Brockton. My buddy is going to the academy this winter for the January academy and he was mid 30s off the old list. They should hire around 15-20 in the next couple of years.

Southshore10 likes this.
  21. RTBeast

RTBeast MassCops Member

Is there anyway to see 2015 lists somehow? I know they're "destroyed" but is there something like an archived version or anything?

22. Rogergoodwin

I heard either Lowell or quincy hired 13 and went down almost 90 names to get them. Being far down the list isn't a deal breaker.

23. pmcavenia

pmcavenia New Member

Trying to make my way through this entire thread to find answers but, I'll ask anyway.

Veteran
    Academy Trained (Self-Sponsored)
    Placed 21 on Lowell PD's List

Any idea of wait time or how this works? Been applying everywhere I can.
    Anything helps, thanks!

24. Mvcrouse

Mvcrouse MassCops Member

Anyone have any insight on Transit Police?
    What is their timeline? How many officers are they looking to hire?

25. Cube27

Cube27 New Member

Anyone have any idea of Boston PD's timeline? Their graduating a class in February apparently.